Extraordinary Member

Default Bang (One-Punch Man) vs. Ryozanpaku Dojo

The third ranked S-class hero and master of the Flowing Water, Crushed Rock style from One-Punch Man gets to take on the six masters of the the Ryozanpaku Dojo in one on one duels.

- We'll be using Bang from the official manga drawn by Yusuke Murata.
    - The Ryozanpaku Dojo masters will be watching each round to study Bang's style.
    - Bang is completely healed and restored after each round.

1. Kensei Ma
    2. Shio Sakaki
    3. Apachai Hopachai
    4. Shigure Kosaka
    5. Akisame Koetsuji
    6. Hayato Furinji

How many fights can Bang win here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'll fully admit it's been a hot minute since I read HSDK so my memories might well be a little fuzzy.

I'll say at the top of this that Bang is fully capable of throwing down with any of the masters, he's belligerently strong, incredibly fast and can block basically /anything/ that's thrown at him.

1. Kensei was always, kind of, the weakest of the masters (it's a pretty even playing field but he just doesn't have as many crazy feats to his name). Bang should be capable of busting him up pretty clean.

2. Bang is pretty much tailor-made to deal with striking opponents. Sakaki has immense speed and a lot of technical skill to his name but Water Flowing Rock Smashing Fist is an incredibly steep wall to get over. It's possible that Sakaki could try and game Bang's ailing physical form and outlast him but I'm cagey about that.

3. See above, Apachai is a faster but less technically skilled version of Sakaki. Bang should take him a bit easier than Sakaki because of harder style-to-style RPS.

4. Shigure had some really good speed feats at her peak, especially her whole "spirit of the sword," unification thing. Bang has face weapons masters before but a bloodlusted Shigure is no joke. She lacks his experience though, he might be able to squeak the win here if he sacrifices an arm or something.

5. Akisame is a monster and a grappling monster to boot. Bang doesn't have the grappling feats to suggest he could survive if he gets grabbed and thrown or locked. That said, he hits really hard and can play keep-away. Akisame definitely has an advantage.

6. Basically see Bang versus Monster Garou from the recent chapters, a close contest but one Bang can't really win for my money. Hayato is effectively magic, is tremendously skillful, has all kinds of mad esoteric techniques and stamina for literal days. Bang makes a go of it but Hayato can outlast him and wear him down.