Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Destiny and Mystique are horrible. Sheesh.
    Destiny and Mystique will kidnap your baby and sell it for tickets to a concert to have sex at.

Could this OS reveal bring Rasputin back?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe because it sounds too "out there" to be believable as that's a magnitude of power no other mutant or otherwise powered being seems to have, not even the reality warpers. Infact it sounds a lot more like she is highly overestimating herself for some reason.

It's also very convinient how her claim involves that no traces of the previous timeline can exist anymore to proof that they actualy ever existed in first place. Like someone trying to sell you an anti-dragon stone, claiming it works because there are obviously no dragons around.

How does one even proof or determine that their powers are "erasing the universe and setting it back to the point of my birth"?.

Meanwhile there is a whole selection of much more believable explanations of how her reset powers could actualy work.

Oh and across the Marvel Multiverse no Moira MacTaggert with this kind of powers has been shown so far. Infact the multiverse versions of Moira actualy contradict her being this kind of person. So there is more reason to belief that this might not actualy be the "real" Moira.
    What if she just goes back to her mother's uterus? Things change because she made different choices because of her powers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    What if she just goes back to her mother's uterus? Things change because she made different choices because of her powers
    Kinda my point.

It would make more sense that she "merely" mentaly time travels back to the "start" and via her actions creates a new timeline, than that she somehow has the power of the biblical god (or a writer) and wipes out her entire previous universe starting from her birth and creates a new one for her to live through.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Could this OS reveal bring Rasputin back?
    Oooh I like how you think.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would put that to the difference of Hickman's writing quality versus....everybody else left in the X-Men office. The gap between concepts alone show most of there writers are lacking. I'm sure the X-office had cuffed him somewhat even on this last work of his.
    This makes me think of Inception, where Eames tells Arthur "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."

Amazing Member

Something I haven't seen mentioned much here is how OS's origin explains one of this Era's biggest flaws: how the hell was humankind so damn prepared for Krakoa.

I don't know if this was one of those things Hickman had planned all along or something he came up with on the fly once he realized he was out and had to write this event. Regardless, this was very fucking impressive to me. It's a perfect excuse to explain how mutants still had their work cut out for them even in a situation were everything seemed to go their way (and seemed to take the world by surprise).

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Right...now that I've properly collected my thoughts and feelings...
    LOVED this issue.
    However...HiX-Man did his usual thing and over-complicates an already over-complicated plot by inserting some gobbledegook nonsense. I'm speaking specifically of the Karima/OS reveal. He could have left all that **** on the editing floor in lieu of expanding and clarifying the Moira plot because all that "sent back from the future past because Mutants do win so we have to stop that from happening" BS is utterly meaningless to the main protagonists and the story who believe/states otherwise. It doesn't matter if they win 5 years, 50 years, 100 years from now...They are fighting to win now, today.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-08-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I enjoyed this, sad that it is the last time we see Hickman at the helm but i hope he goes out on a high note.

So show of hands, who else here thinks Frost gave them her depowering gun she used on Shaw? *RAISES HAND*

And also, who thinks they will use it on Moira, kill her and secure this time line? *RAISES HAND AGAIN*

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Right...now that I've properly collected my thoughts and feelings...
    LOVED this issue.
    However...HiX-Man did his usual thing and over-complicates an already over-complicated plot by inserting some gobbledegook nonsense. I'm speaking specifically of the Karima/OS reveal. He could have left all that **** on the editing floor in lieu of expanding and clarifying the Moira plot because all that "sent back from the future past because Mutants do win so we have to stop that from happening" BS is utterly meaningless to the main protagonists and the story who believe/states otherwise.

Depends on were he goes with it. Mutants winning comes with a price: they go to war against humankind and basically every technology integration attempt to the point of wiping them out of existence.

Does Moira know this? Is that implied or told in the diaries she read from Destiny (which we saw her have in X-Men and Inferno)? If the answer is yes, then that could be Moira's big secret. And it would tie in with Omega Sentinel's origin. How would the rest of mutantkind react to those news if presented to them?

What if Omega Sentinel actually succeeds this time and Inferno ends with mutants sending Wolverine on a mission to take Omega Sentinel out and that's how they kickstart Percy's weekly book?

I can see a lot of scenarios were this reveal directly impacts not only the main characters of Inferno but the whole line.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Where he went with it is...OS info dumping on Nimrod and she telling him he has to go **** **** up so that Mutants don't even have a chance to win. It served its purpose by getting Nimmy to act instead of just standing around pontificating and looking cute.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The whole "The Arrakki are super duper powerfull. You really got to believe us!" vision that Saturnyne showed Wolverine in Ten of Swords, included a snipped of how they just bypassed Moira X (even though the vision being only something Wolverine sees should not have involved such informations unless both he and Saturnyne know about her), which indicates that it's defiently possible to bypass or kill her without triggering her powers.

And with all the tools introduced over the years that is indeed not much of a problem.

And all that depends on her powers even allowing timelines to be erased and restarted. Because once again we have 0 proof for that, because proof would mean it's untrue.

Ugh, don't remind me of XOS, I wanted a war dammit, not a parody of a comic. Still would have been cool to see all of Krakoa vs. Amenth!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    EXCELLENT issue! This the best thing I have read since HOX/POX. Hickman did it gain! He used all the toys, all the details. Having Moira gain a sort of rival or rather a polar opposite from every perspective and one that was there since HOX/POX was a really interesting idea! I I like Emma but she told Mystique and Destiny about Moira because of revenge. Moira in the end manipulated Charles and Eric too, even though they believe that they know everything. There are fates worse than Death and I believe that's what Orchis has thought of Moira. Many twists that I hadn't thought of. Really loved the whole issue.

Phoenix being mentioned again means that the Bird will play a role. Hope its with Jean and Rachel.

All of this makes me more excited for the Immortal X-Men!!

Inferno 3 mentions "child of the sun" and based on the figure outline I guarantee Hickman has saddled yet another of his favorites with the Phoenix mythos...Sunspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Where he went with it is...OS info dumping on Nimrod and she telling him he has to go **** **** up so that Mutants don't even have a chance to win. It served its purpose by getting Nimmy to act instead of just standing around pontificating and looking cute.

But those are his best attributes...
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 12-08-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Sooooo what exactly are people speculating was going on in that conversation between Doug and Beast regarding the corpses and what I assume are the Krakoan gate plants?
    I assumed Beast used the dead bodies to create the medicines for the humans.

Amazing issue today, I wish we had more time with Hickman. I mean I think he’s coming back, just not right after Inferno.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Also this read very much like Hickman's final issues of Secret Warriors.

It really reminded me of the Wheels Within Wheels arc

Also also, if you like people fighting throughout a repeating timeline I highly recommend:

The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

Do not look up spoilers for it, it is an amazing story and a quick read.
    Hickman was accused of cribbing a lot from it, but he came out and said that he was reading it while writing HOX/POX and North has publicly wished him well on this project.

Fantastic Member

So it would seem dominions don't have the abilities to transcend timeliness, only time travel within the existing timeline they are in. I guess Rasputin and Cardinal would have to show up some other way.

I would have to read HOX/POX again bit seems odd that the information they got in life 9 about Nimrod coming online was accurate. Seems that Omega coming back for 10b would push that timeline up.

But overall really liked it. Like the Doug and Warlock revelation. Art was great. Sad that Emma just went to Mystique and Destiny like that. Hickman makes these books so great, it'll be sad when he leaves.