Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

So the Cuckoos.... Are we to believe Cable & Quire were the loves cause if so... they can do better

BANNED

Because this whole thing that mutants always lose never made sense. Everyone was saying that the plot was too contrived, mutants have reality warpers and omega mutants of unimaginable power amongst them... Even the lesser powered mutants can take out entire armies and destroy the world if they really wanted to and you tell me that they always lose? Especially when they have a literal omega that never does? The arakii area part of the mutants and one has an entire universe in their head, and so is the shiar empress and the son of the phalanx magus. It just didn't add up. Looks like Moira was lying out of revenge against mystique and destiny or karima's programming is fucked up. Either way someone is lying and considering just how unimaginably powerful one omega is not to talk of several I am leaning more on Moira.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Because this whole thing that mutants always lose never made sense. Everyone was saying that the plot was too contrived, mutants have reality warpers and omega mutants of unimaginable power amongst them... Even the lesser powered mutants can take out entire armies and destroy the world if they really wanted to and you tell me that they always lose? Especially when they have a literal omega that never does? The arakii area also mutants and one has an entire universe in their head, and so is the shiar empress and the son of the phalanx magus. It just didn't add up. Looks like Moira was lying out of revenge against mystique and destiny or karima's programming is fucked up. Either way someone is lying and considering just how unimaginably powerful one omega is not to talk of several I am leaning more on Moira.
    i don't think moria was lying, she just didn't know either

the phalanx/titans/stronghold, etc are just so far beyond and advanced anything mutants have to offer. reality warpers or not. only thing they fear is galactus and the phoenix

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still reeling from all the revelations. Doug is a force, love that kid.
    Omega Sentinel's history was very interesting and Emma working with Raven and Irene is oof, huge stuff.
    Excellent issue. I'm still gathering myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I loved this issue! Here are the two things that stick out to me as a fan of the OG New Mutants. I started reading that book in 1988 and I NEVER thought I would see Doug written like this. He actually got one over on Xavier and Magneto and knows the tea on ERRYBODY in Krakoa!

I want to give a shout out to R.B. Silva for the BEST version of Warlock I've ever seen. Warlock was so creepy, yet beautiful, in this issue. The "bugged out" version of Warlock doesn't always work and I'm glad Silva changed up the look.

I cannot wait until the finale!
    Just a thought... After seeing Warlock here, I have to wonder if he's not "dumbing himself down" during his interactions with the New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I want the bald man gone I' sick of him.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Believe what Emma says at your own peril!
    As with Charles.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Because this whole thing that mutants always lose never made sense. Everyone was saying that the plot was too contrived, mutants have reality warpers and omega mutants of unimaginable power amongst them... Even the lesser powered mutants can take out entire armies and destroy the world if they really wanted to and you tell me that they always lose? Especially when they have a literal omega that never does? The arakii area part of the mutants and one has an entire universe in their head, and so is the shiar empress and the son of the phalanx magus. It just didn't add up. Looks like Moira was lying out of revenge against mystique and destiny or karima's programming is fucked up. Either way someone is lying and considering just how unimaginably powerful one omega is not to talk of several I am leaning more on Moira.
    I think you missed the part where Omega Sentinel said she is from the far future and was sent back by the last remaining Dominion machine to possess her body in the past in order to change the future so the machines win. Then she said "My days of future past" to make the set-up as on-the-nose as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Smh Destiny and Mystique
    And people will still root for them
    I mean, yes, they aren't great people, but it seems pretty clear that this isn't an unprovoked attack? When Destiny and Mystique lit their bonfire of the Moiras in life 3 it was because of her mutant cure, and they specifically told her that if she ever tried it again they'd be back. Moira's notes for the cure were were floating around after the fire in issue...1(?) suggesting that she, or someone, is messing around with it again. If it's Moira, that explains not only why Destiny and Mystique went after her now but also why she was so determined that Destiny never be brought back. Even if it isn't Moira, that information could only have come from her, so they would have reason to believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekabolos View Post
    I mean, yes, they aren't great people, but it seems pretty clear that this isn't an unprovoked attack? When Destiny and Mystique lit their bonfire of the Moiras in life 3 it was because of her mutant cure, and they specifically told her that if she ever tried it again they'd be back. Moira's notes for the cure were were floating around after the fire in issue...1(?) suggesting that she, or someone, is messing around with it again. If it's Moira, that explains not only why Destiny and Mystique went after her now but also why she was so determined that Destiny never be brought back. Even if it isn't Moira, that information could only have come from her, so they would have reason to believe it is.
    We had two mutant cures after it, who knows if Moira is the one that made it happen. From all I read seems like it is all independent from her, she is not the only genius around Marvel universe
    Last edited by Writerblog; 12-08-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Some thoughts about the issue:

1) Doug is way smarter than I thought.
    2) So Beast made Krakoa create the medicine plants from some dead bodies?
    3) Has Omega Sentinel done this before? Could it be that the mutants won in every one of Moira's lives, but then the machines went back in time and then they won? And that's the life Moira remembers?
    4) I get the feeling we won't get much of a conclusion here. Other than just for Moira. She'll die, or be put in stasis, or depowered or something. Orchis, Nimrod and Omega Sentinel will carry on. I'm guessing some sort of truce?
    5) I imagine life 10A is also a teaser for what's to come. The Children of the Vault will come back, and Apocalypse and family will come to help. The version in life 10A looks closer to the third generation of CotV, but in life 10B they evolved further because of Darwin. Gillen's book seems to tease the Phoenix too, so that Phoenix Blade thing may end up happening too.
    Last edited by Viteh; 12-08-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    One thing has me curious. Was Moira was lying all along and mutants always win? Or did OS merely come from the one timeline where mutants won? The fact that Dominions aren't bound by space-time like we are means they might know about Moira's whole spiel.

EDIT: Magneto confirms it, "mutants always win." But that makes the "we always lose" stuff between Moira and Charles at the end of HoX/PoX more confusing. I'll have to double-check that and see how it all lines up.
    Perhaps they mean that, mutants always win against humans, but always lose against machines, which could explain why Krakoa is so anti-AI.

Either way, the clearest thing about how rushed this is, is that Orchis' boss guy suddenly believing he was a time traveler, him believing he was a time traveler only to turn not be are twists to reveal over time, not within 2 pages lol.

I'm going to wait till all is released then read.

Hope you guys have a ball.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The first issue shows that Charles and Erik will be resurrected by Emma so that means that they will be killed by Orchis. So the story might just be that either Doug sold out to Mystique or it's Emma(most possibly it's Doug but it could also be that Emma tells Team Destiny about Doug and Doug tells them about Moira whereabouts) . Emma resurrect Erik and Charles and saves Moira from Mystique
    I don't think anyone on Krakoa knows about Doug, Doug seems to be doing his own thing..let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So the Cuckoos.... Are we to believe Cable & Quire were the loves cause if so... they can do better
    You're probably right about Quire, but Cable is too old to develop a romantic relationship with a Cuckoo, so probably not him.

Damn. This was badass!!! Can’t wait for issue #4 and how leads into Logan’s mission in XLoW/XDoW… and also to find out why it necessarily has to be Logan who performs that mission. I get that he was alive in the past (same rationale in the Days of Future Past film) but why do they have to send his present consciousness back to protect the future by inhabiting his past body when they’ve got actual time travelers around with time travel technology? Seems like a stretch, but whatever. I’ll wait to see how it develops.

Regardless, loved this issue. So far the strongest one of the mini series IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    You're probably right about Quire, but Cable is too old to develop a romantic relationship with a Cuckoo, so probably not him.
    But we saw that Cable ends up with Esme in the future, when she’s an adult, at the end of Cable #12. So…

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I mean it's implied that Esme and Nate rekindle their relationship in the future at some point, once they're both back to the same age.

But I don't think its either of them, to be honest.