Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Smh Destiny and Mystique
    And people will still root for them
    Also what was the nonsense Emma was saying about Moira ending timeliness because she felt like it
    Last edited by Del torro; 12-08-2021 at 10:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Smh Destiny and Mystique
    True. It ironic how Emma says to Destiny and Raven that Moira is the one who is erasing everything when in fact killing her is whats causing all this mess and that's exactly what Destiny and Mystique will do again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Is Emma really working with Raven and Irene? She clearly stated she is NOT with them or Charles and Magnus. She clearly states that she's in it no for herself and her children, and Irene even blatantly told Raven that Emma is somewhat instigating it all.
    Believe what Emma says at your own peril!

I dont like what was done with the Cuckoos. I hated it at first but i grew to like them having bits of individuality. I will say that i liked that hickman addressed the inconsitencies when it came to one of them wearing black

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    True. It ironic how Emma says to Destiny and Raven that Moira is the one who is erasing everything when in fact killing her is whats causing all this mess and that's exactly what Destiny and Mystique will do again.
    Not ironic,but outright dastardly ..Irene torching Moira full while knowing mutants always win is the definition of evil. Now we'll probably inexplicably get some excuse how Irene didn't know...

Astonishing Member

Smh Destiny and Mystique
    Also what was the nonsense Emma was saying about Moira ending timeliness because she felt like it
    Mystique is just salty that Moira was responsible for keeping Destiny dead ������

Mighty Member

This is one powerful issue as usual.

The cliffhanger of Colossus joining the secret council was misleading because there was no follow-up story here.

I love the attention that Cypher is getting, since he knows every secret on Krakoa, shouldn't he send reinforcements to help Prof X and Magneto? I don't think those two alone can survive Nimrod's attack.

Incredible Member

so is nimrod just the terminator now, but more like a weird version of the one from the second movie, trying to save one race from extinction by wiping out another.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Mystique is just salty that Moira was responsible for keeping Destiny dead ������
    LOL, all of them are just so...
    From Xavier, magneto, Moira to Emma, destiny and mystique, there's so much pettiness and arrogance in the air, smh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This is one powerful issue as usual.

The cliffhanger of Colossus joining the secret council was misleading because there was no follow-up story here.

I love the attention that Cypher is getting, since he knows every secret on Krakoa, shouldn't he send reinforcements to help Prof X and Magneto? I don't think those two alone can survive Nimrod's attack.
    You're reading this optimistically, with the Phalanx in play and history changing because of Krakoa, who knows if Warlock is the hidden silver bullet of the Dominions all along? I'm apprehensive about Warlock permeating Krakoa to this degree. I remember how easily Bastion reconfigured the code to serve his agenda.This reveal may be foreshadowing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Believe what Emma says at your own peril!
    The first issue shows that Charles and Erik will be resurrected by Emma so that means that they will be killed by Orchis. So the story might just be that either Doug sold out to Mystique or it's Emma(most possibly it's Doug but it could also be that Emma tells Team Destiny about Doug and Doug tells them about Moira whereabouts) . Emma resurrect Erik and Charles and saves Moira from Mystique

Easily the best issue of the series. I really wish RB was drawing the entire series. It feels like it ties in with HoX more. The Emma, Mystique, and Destiny scene was magnificent.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Not ironic,but outright dastardly ..Irene torching Moira full while knowing mutants always win is the definition of evil. Now we'll probably inexplicably get some excuse how Irene didn't know...
    I think there's a bit of confusion here mutants don't always win that's the lie that they tried to sell to Emma and she clocked their asses according to Moira's knowledge mutants have always lost to machines until Life 10 which is the timeline Moira decided to "change all the rules".

It's the classic "time is always in flux" situation. OS comes from an alternate L10 where mutants succeeded and even defeated the Dominion and now she's here to make sure they fail apparently which in turn create a future that's pretty similar to L9 where OS talks about knowing "what's at the heart of a black hole" right before she dies.

Wibbly wobbly timey whimey

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    People say that, but a lot of this set up wouldn't suddenly screw with other books? Who the hell else was using the Horde Culture? Or Children of the Vault? or Vulcan? The Brood?

Unless Hickman's ideas required members of those other books to end up vaporized and unavailable, he had a billion plot lines and a BUNCH of free mutants he coulda taken some and done... ANYTHING with
    because it's obvious this has been condensed. if you look at his F4/Secret Warriors/Avengers runs, it's all been pretty straightforward (avengers had a speed bump because editorial turned infinity into an event but other than that it was still pretty much on rails)

maybe vulcan is one of the 4 with the phoenix sword killing a phalanx, we don't know. the brood seemed to be tied to the shi'ar/space shenanigans, especially with what was shown in PoX with the remaining mutant population. the rest seem like pieces he was going to use much later but we'll never know now

Spectacular Member

Smh Destiny and Mystique
    it makes no sense right why people would root for them right? mystique and destiny are bad people. just straight up selfish and no redeeming them. destiny meets the cuckoos and immediately just breaks them down. truly an awful person who deserves everything bad happening to her. same for mystique. they really are perfect for each other

emma is no better. selfish and lying to herself about "for the children" when it's only her children. selling out the entire island when xavier/magneto are trying to stop NIMROD. you know, the giant robot that wants to exterminate every single mutant ever. the one they saw in the future doing just that? she says it's about trust and betrayal, but she is. not. trustworthy. there's a reason she can't be trusted. even when she's "reformed," she isn't trustworthy. it's funny that destiny used the "other woman" line to try and get to emma, when in reality she's the one who instigated herself being the other woman and tried to break up scott/jean. it takes two to tango, she's not some little innocent girl, she's selfish.