Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The whole "The Arrakki are super duper powerfull. You really got to believe us!" vision that Saturnyne showed Wolverine in Ten of Swords, included a snipped of how they just bypassed Moira X (even though the vision being only something Wolverine sees should not have involved such informations unless both he and Saturnyne know about her), which indicates that it's defiently possible to bypass or kill her without triggering her powers.

And with all the tools introduced over the years that is indeed not much of a problem.

And all that depends on her powers even allowing timelines to be erased and restarted. Because once again we have 0 proof for that, because proof would mean it's untrue.
    Speaking of is Saturnyne a Cuckoo? Maybe with Destiny's revelation before OS travelled back in time one of Cuckoos jumped 'out of time' into the otherworld nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The whole "The Arrakki are super duper powerfull. You really got to believe us!" vision that Saturnyne showed Wolverine in Ten of Swords, included a snipped of how they just bypassed Moira X (even though the vision being only something Wolverine sees should not have involved such informations unless both he and Saturnyne know about her), which indicates that it's defiently possible to bypass or kill her without triggering her powers.

And with all the tools introduced over the years that is indeed not much of a problem.

And all that depends on her powers even allowing timelines to be erased and restarted. Because once again we have 0 proof for that, because proof would mean it's untrue.
    They didn't kill her though, at least not completely. I guess she was brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Speaking of is Saturnyne a Cuckoo? Maybe with Destiny's revelation before OS travelled back in time one of Cuckoos jumped 'out of time' into the otherworld nexus?
    I wouldn’t think so, because Saturnyne already looks exactly the same as Courtney Ross. Someone at least would have noticed if Emma looked the same as Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    But we saw that Cable ends up with Esme in the future, when she’s an adult, at the end of Cable #12. So…
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We already know they end up together

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I mean it's implied that Esme and Nate rekindle their relationship in the future at some point, once they're both back to the same age.

But I don't think its either of them, to be honest.
    I know it was hinted they'd end up together, but I don't see it happening in comics unless
    a) it's an alternative universe
    b) they bring kid Cable back
    c) they age Esme in the Otherworld

As is, their age gap is too big to be explored as a romantic pair in comics right now. That's why I don't think it'll be Cable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's problems with the execution because he obviously didn't intended to tell this story in 4 issues, less than 3 years after he arrived.
    The wheels were falling off the bus well before this mini-series, I feel. It’s been disappointing for a while now, this is just an underwhelming mess of a culmination to a run that started off awesome that he kind of lost control of more than a while back.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I think you missed the part where Omega Sentinel said she is from the far future and was sent back by the last remaining Dominion machine to possess her body in the past in order to change the future so the machines win. Then she said "My days of future past" to make the set-up as on-the-nose as possible.
    Well with your thinking ,I suddenly have the idea but if not explained it will be a bit too complicated , basically it would require Moira to be created by say the Phoenix or another cosmic entity who knows machines have won ,but Moira is a spoiler ,undoing or trying to undo every win ,after it has already happened with her deaths.Basically Moira is swimming 'upstream' in a time current and has undone every dominion victory ,but Dominions are now playing her game too.I think it should have been articulated better(may yet be in the last issue).
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-08-2021 at 01:32 PM.

What I have learnt from Inferno #3: Dough Ramsey is the only mutant with half a functional brain. He remembers that Xavier is an untrustworthy huge asshole and keeps an eye on him, but he doesn't blow everything up... He just keeps watch... That's the smart thing to do...

But Mystique... why the hell do they keep her around?! She ALWAYS betrays them and ruins everything! I understand she is pissed, but she is risking everything with her petty revenge...

And Emma, Destiny, Mystique... why the hell are you throwing away your reset button? Can't you see there are like a billion ways things could go wrong and get all of you killed?!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    By making mutants immortal they can basically negate moira's powers without having to maim her. Her power can't activate if she can't die.
    If they kill her while still having her powers the timeline will reset before they have the chance to bring her back.

Incredible Member

After reading through some pretty awful events and stories (Trial of Magneto, World War She-Hulk), I really have to applaud Hickman for knowing how to craft event story telling.

I get that this even isn't for everyone (doesn't have 'blank' favorite character; has too much talking about things that aren't interesting; doesn't pay off on the reveal from the prior issue, etc), but he really knows how to pull on groundwork he's laid before (regardless of how much actual groundwork was laid) and expanding on it with things that we weren't expecting in an organic way.

For points of comparison: Trial of Magneto - there was no groundwork that it is based on or draws upon (aside from the death of a character), developments like antagonists or resurrections happening are meaningless. The resurrection of a character in that even feels so perfunctory, compared to the resurrection of a character in Inferno feeling like a total bomb that has gone off.
    Avengers' WWSH pulled a meaningless twist out that doesn't change anything that has occurred in prior issues; while in Inferno the twist of Doug being in on everything the whole time makes the reader re-evaluate every appearance of his in prior issues.

There are definitely quibbles that can be taken, such as the lack of time spent with Orchis, that can be either laid at Hickman's feet for his focus on world building instead, or can be ascribed to his truncated run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    What I have learnt from Inferno #3: Dough Ramsey is the only mutant with half a functional brain. He remembers that Xavier is an untrustworthy huge asshole and keeps an eye on him, but he doesn't blow everything up... He just keeps watch... That's the smart thing to do...

But Mystique... why the hell do they keep her around?! She ALWAYS betrays them and ruins everything! I understand she is pissed, but she is risking everything with her petty revenge...

And Emma, Destiny, Mystique... why the hell are you throwing away your reset button? Can't you see there are like a billion ways things could go wrong and get all of you killed?!

If they kill her while still having her powers the timeline will reset before they have the chance to bring her back.
    I struggle to understand what Emma stands to gain revealing Krakoa's greatest secret to Mystique and Destiny..after her stint to 'stop' Sinister..I don't think Emma's head is screwed on right.

Incredible Member

It is interesting that there seem to be only two ways to deal with Moira that we've seen in the issues:
    1. Have a Precog know to kill Moira before her powers manifest.
    2. Essentially ascend to godhood (as seen with the Phalanx).
    A third potential option that hasn't been used in the issues is:
    3. Time travel to the past before Moira has manifested her powers and eliminate her (although I don't know how time travel logic works here).

Inferno-era Mystique only really has access to #1. #2 would occur on too long a time scale to actually matter to Mystique as she would have died of old age already.
    I guess her only option would be to again threaten Moira and say don't block the resurrection of Destiny in your next life?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    After reading through some pretty awful events and stories (Trial of Magneto, World War She-Hulk), I really have to applaud Hickman for knowing how to craft event story telling.

I get that this even isn't for everyone (doesn't have 'blank' favorite character; has too much talking about things that aren't interesting; doesn't pay off on the reveal from the prior issue, etc), but he really knows how to pull on groundwork he's laid before (regardless of how much actual groundwork was laid) and expanding on it with things that we weren't expecting in an organic way.

For points of comparison: Trial of Magneto - there was no groundwork that it is based on or draws upon (aside from the death of a character), developments like antagonists or resurrections happening are meaningless. The resurrection of a character in that even feels so perfunctory, compared to the resurrection of a character in Inferno feeling like a total bomb that has gone off.
    Avengers' WWSH pulled a meaningless twist out that doesn't change anything that has occurred in prior issues; while in Inferno the twist of Doug being in on everything the whole time makes the reader re-evaluate every appearance of his in prior issues.

There are definitely quibbles that can be taken, such as the lack of time spent with Orchis, that can be either laid at Hickman's feet for his focus on world building instead, or can be ascribed to his truncated run.
    True, and weirdly I have a suspicion as interesting as this story is,I think he tweaked it from his original intent.I suspect his original story had Moira as the villain, and likely not changing 'mutants always lose' set up because it keeps us on edge and in any case life 11 is a failsafe.Right now it cements Krakoa as a necessity ,but kind of makes the struggle less profound because the resultant 'win' is a foregone conclusion.I do think issue 4 will have a surprise so let's let it play out.

Astonishing Member

It is interesting that there seem to be only two ways to deal with Moira that we've seen in the issues:
    3. Time travel to the past before Moira has manifested her powers and eliminate her (although I don't know how time travel logic works here).

Inferno-era Mystique only really has access to #1. #2 would occur on too long a time scale to actually matter to Mystique as she would have died of old age already.
    I guess her only option would be to again threaten Moira and say don't block the resurrection of Destiny in your next life?
    On this thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...highlight=Rev9

I wrote out how point 2 was a likely scenario if Moira was the villain ascended through her shiar golem. Would be a surprise(albeit now unlikely as Karima is a different mutant) if OS was revealed to be Moira's golem in life 9.

There are several ways to remove a mutant's powers: The Hope Serum, Forge's Power Nullifier Gun, Power Nullifier collars, the Tabula Rasa nanotech, the High Evolutionary technology, keeping Leech around...etc. They can try one or several of these...

There are several ways to remove a mutant's powers: The Hope Serum, Forge's Power Nullifier Gun, Power Nullifier collars, the Tabula Rasa nanotech, the High Evolutionary technology, keeping Leech around...etc. They can try one or several of these...
    “No More Moira”.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I know it was hinted they'd end up together, but I don't see it happening in comics unless
    a) it's an alternative universe
    b) they bring kid Cable back
    c) they age Esme in the Otherworld

As is, their age gap is too big to be explored as a romantic pair in comics right now. That's why I don't think it'll be Cable.
    It is Cable. I dont think Destiny's words were meant o be taken as if any one of them will be falling in love within the near future but that it will happen for 2 of them at some point in their lives, and it wont for the other 3. Its kind of confusing bc of the time hopping shenanigans but the ending of Cable 12 wasnt an alternate universe; its meant to be 616 and has already happened. Cable was already living in the future with Esme when he went in the past to die in the events of Extermination. She having that necklace was the clue that let us know its meant to be the same universe. Duggan left it vague enough that it could be placed in any number of alternate futures that we have seen or will see and still be valid