Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Excellent issue.

Imagine some people are happy he's leaving the books because "muh faves costume!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Excellent issue.

Imagine some people are happy he's leaving the books because "muh faves costume!!!"
    Me personally if I had to choose between him leaving and Krakoa ending then yes I choose him leaving.

I don't want the X-men back to the status quo of being in that stupid mansion again. I like Krakoa and the mutants being on the same page.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    At this point the status quo in Krakoa is unsalvageable... Half the Quiet Council is working to ruin everything... If Krakoa itself isn't destroyed, Storm or Cyclops will have to take charge and kick out Xavier, Magneto, Emma, Mystique, Destiny and Mr. Sinister. Of course, that would be just Utopia II, so a new big crisis will start immediately.

Humans/Machines win during lives one to nine. Mutants win in the future of this timeline, number ten.

Irene wanted Moira to work so mutants would win during the last of Moira's lives.

It is true that Irena and Mystique are pretty evil, though...
    Yes I understood it that way too that life 10 is the 'always' timeline, but I feel the choice of the word is strange or belies the truth.It would make sense if OS herself like Moira attempted travelling back in time several times or kept waking up with the knowledge multiple times but mutants still keep winning.However if we go down that territory the story becomes overly complicated and doesn't negate the fact that Destiny should still know that mutants win and so shouldn't have taunted Moira with an eleventh life contingent on making 'right' choices.

Astonishing Member

I have been thinking... do you think the "Trickster Titan, the betrayer and coward of its kind" could be future Douglock...?

I think that, in the long term, her power will be retconned as her mind just moving to a parallel universe. But they won't reveal it until much later, to keep the feeling that the stakes are high...
    Possibly, but maybe it's Darwin who with the CoV atomisation could transcend as some technological entity with his or its programming changed could embrace technology as the way forward or it could be a repurposed Cylobel ascended..to keep all plot lines coherent.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-09-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Destiny and Mystique are horrible. Sheesh.
    Emma too, for the life of me I don't get how Moira's memories shared with Xavier and Emma could be read for what they are by X and yet read so wrong by Emma..Emma thinks Moira wants to off herself to undo Krakoa,when in fact she wants to keep Krakoa going as long as possible.Like Emma's need for narcissistic supply is on another level here.Smh

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    EXCELLENT issue! This the best thing I have read since HOX/POX. Hickman did it gain! He used all the toys, all the details. Having Moira gain a sort of rival or rather a polar opposite from every perspective and one that was there since HOX/POX was a really interesting idea! I I like Emma but she told Mystique and Destiny about Moira because of revenge. Moira in the end manipulated Charles and Eric too, even though they believe that they know everything. There are fates worse than Death and I believe that's what Orchis has thought of Moira. Many twists that I hadn't thought of. Really loved the whole issue.

Phoenix being mentioned again means that the Bird will play a role. Hope its with Jean and Rachel.

All of this makes me more excited for the Immortal X-Men!!
    It is likely Hope. Considering she is shown with the Phoenix power around her fist in the Destiny of X teaser.
    Last edited by Gnostic; 12-09-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yes I understood it that way too that life 10 is the 'always' timeline, but I feel the choice of the word is strange or belies the truth.It would make sense if OS herself like Moira attempted travelling back in time several times or kept waking up with the knowledge multiple times but mutants still keep winning.However if we go down that territory the story becomes overly complicated and doesn't negate the fact that Destiny should still know that mutants win and so shouldn't have taunted Moira with an eleventh life contingent on making 'right' choices.
    Actually, from Omega's point of view this is at least their third try: 1°-Her original timeline, 2°-Sending Nimrod back in time and 3°-Sending Omega back in time.

Also, there were other attempts to change the past: Achab travelled back in time, Nimrod made another try as Bastion...etc.

Another thing that particulary stands out in this issue is that resurrected Destiny seemed to have no idea of Moira at all and she wasn't even on her radar until after Emma uploaded the memories of the other lives to her and mystique meaning at least the part about her threat of seeing Moira in any time and being able to snuff her out was not a true one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I just realized that was the choice. If Moira had made the right choice and resurrected destiny then the tenth life would have still been the lives that all mutants win but they could have all worked together which will proably be x-lives of wolverine and moira could have made it to life 11 where mutants definitely always win. But by making the wrong choice and not resurrecting Destiny in this life it triggered the very premonition irene had from life 3 as it awakened Destiny's ability to see where Moira is making it so now she can actually see her where before the thought of Moira even being alive was absurd.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Another thing that particulary stands out in this issue is that resurrected Destiny seemed to have no idea of Moira at all and she wasn't even on her radar until after Emma uploaded the memories of the other lives to her and mystique meaning at least the part about her threat of seeing Moira in any time and being able to snuff her out was not a true one.
    No, it was true. If Moira tries to put out a mutant cure or come gunning for Destiny, she will see it in her future. If Moira stays under the radar and makes no moves on Destiny, she is effectively invisible.

Also, Destiny can't actually see Moira directly - just the events around her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So all the fancy stuff Krakoa can suddently do and how it's bio-mass can be used for machinery is indeed thanks to Warlock fusing with it. Which means the entire mutant nation is overy relying on techno-organic machinery too. Just with a different paintjob. Oh the irony.

Ouch for the cuckoos. Seems that being a hive mind is not easy when all the parts are still so human, with individual ability for emotions, feelings and thinking.
    Though i wonder if that part is actualy meant to reflect how under all the pretense of superiority, talk of forming "circuits" and being above them, mutants are and remain fundamentaly human (with all the good and bad that entails), compared to the machine humanity that Karima comes which desires to get rid of these traits?

Also great. Now we get another set of time traveling unrealiable narrators on how there is no co-existence possible and one side has to "win".

Overall i think i would feel more tension in all of this, if i didn't knew for a fact that no side here can ever win. Earth in the Marvel Universe has to remain reflective of present day real world Earth (and the general layout of the Solar system too, so Planet Arrako's days are numbered too), because of the "the world through our window" approach to how the universe is set up.

So unpowered humanity can't be replaced by mutants (or any kind of super human people) anytime soon (or entirely given what we know about the division of powers mutants can have), because the world has to remain reflective of our own (My Hero Academy has the advantage there by turning the super humans into normality and make their world reflective of our own anyway) but mutants can't completely "lose" either, because they are a fundamental part of the fictional element of the Marvel Universe and they are a million dollar sub-franchise of Marvel (plus being constant stand ins for metaphors for discrimination, etc.).

Which overall means the only stable and "believable" path for mutant heros is and remains fighting to achieve co-existence.

Moira X and Karima X in this regard are basicly demagogs making the allready tense and problematic situation worse, by trying to enforce their limited visions upon others, who they sway by pandering to their fears and desires.

Still despite the obvious longterm outcome. This is a fascinating read.
    Planet Arrako and Krakoa are not going anywhere. Fans of the 1970s racial and political dynamics are.

Everyone previously in the X-Men mainly revolves around Xavier and Magneo. Who were inspired by Martin Luther King Malcolm X.

Only today’s America Latinos are the biggest minority and the Asian population grows the fastest.

Oh, and the Vice President is half Black/half Indian. And a woman.

Krakoa explores today’s social justice themes. Mutants who were previously villains are reformed once given the chance to properly operate in a society. It gets into today’s issues of criminal justice reform, an effective fight against marginalization, and modern social justice concerns.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 12-09-2021 at 03:22 AM.

Destiny can't perceive Moira directly, but if Moira does something that stands out too much, Destiny can perceive it. That's the reason Moira stands in the shadows and lets Xavier and Magneto take credit for everything: So Destiny can't perceive her.

Astonishing Member

Actually, from Omega's point of view this is at least their third try: 1°-Her original timeline, 2°-Sending Nimrod back in time and 3°-Sending Omega back in time.

Also, there were other attempts to change the past: Achab travelled back in time, Nimrod made another try as Bastion...etc.
    Are we sure the Ahab and Bastion events are life 10 exclusively? They could be other lives 3,4,5,7,8.Why I say this if it happened in life 10 too with Bastion's iteration I believe OS would have mentioned it to Nimrod apart from the one she mentioned. I do agree sending Nimrod back in life 10 the first time qualifies but at this rate 'always' is still too strong a word for a sample size of two results OS original and Nimrod prototype(lesser). Maybe OS calculates more variables than we account for as a machine.Who knows with Wolverine's story to come we may get a shocker that even in lives 3-5, 7-8 (maybe even 6 and 9) mutants won after Moira died at least by virtue of denying machines concrete victory in life 6 at least
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-09-2021 at 03:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Ugh, don't remind me of XOS, I wanted a war dammit, not a parody of a comic. Still would have been cool to see all of Krakoa vs. Amenth!
    Considering Amenth was a never before mentioned or indicated "all powerfull evil" which could overpower an entire civilization of ancient super duper mutants with his horde of generic looking N'Garai rejects (ARE they actualy N'Garai???), with nothing to offer to stand out between previous demonic and alien evil hordes the X-men faced, the X-men would have likely won easily.
    But since it seems they did not want to undermine the Arraki like that, the X-men would not be allowed to fight in their entirety or get the upper hand. Instead the resolution could only be for the whole fight getting postponed until nobody cares about Amenth anymore (or Apocalypse beats him off pannel).

Also one of the problems in the scenario of Krakoa vs. Amenth is also that unlike Arrako where the entire population is basicly implied to be "under arms" so to speak, Krakoa only has a few hundred fighters of any calibre (a handfull of "demi-gods" which Arrako is implied to have more of, some good general fighters and mostly low to mid powered henchmen or supporters) while the rest of the population are backround filling masses indicated to be "civilians" with no combat experience or powers usefull for it. Which again would have made an X-men victory feel "unearned" and undermine the value of the Arraki, who are allready under heavy burden not to become forgotten or random victims a few years from now.

So i don't think there was ever a proper chance for Krakoa vs. Amenth without the writers wanting to throw the Arraki under the bus right at the start.

Astonishing Member

I wish this future war between CoV,humans,Krakoans and Arraki (Arraki fighting CoV on Mars perhaps as CoV fight humans and Krakoans on Earth as well)is visualised in a 10 issue ark at some point.Looks epic already and knowing that CoV now have a 'Darwinian' mutation spurt I don't think history will repeat itself.Hickman has laid the groundwork for a reckoning between the 3 species and I hope some writers take this up.