Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would put that to the difference of Hickman's writing quality versus....everybody else left in the X-Men office. The gap between concepts alone show most of there writers are lacking. I'm sure the X-office had cuffed him somewhat even on this last work of his.
    Yeah totally, at least we got a lot of his ideas and his older Marvel works

Hickman Life A: what have

Hickman Life B: what we could have had
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-08-2021 at 04:51 PM.

For some reason Moira's power is still so wacky for me, at first (back at the beginning of HoX/PoX) I actually believed that her power was simply resetrection and just going back to stage 1 on a new "timeline" and the one in which she just died just keeps going as it's, doomed for Mutankind and what not.

But "resetting" the whole timeline seems so... crazy, as in the whole 616 Universe is pretty much tied to her.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    For some reason Moira's power is still so wacky for me, at first (back at the beginning of HoX/PoX) I actually believed that her power was simply resetrection and just going back to stage 1 on a new "timeline" and the one in which she just died just keeps going as it's, doomed for Mutankind and what not.

But "resetting" the whole timeline seems so... crazy, as in the whole 616 Universe is pretty much tied to her.
    Why would you think that? Her power as described in HOX has always been about resetting the timeline

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would you think that? Her power as described in HOX has always been about resetting the timeline
    Maybe because it sounds too "out there" to be believable as that's a magnitude of power no other mutant or otherwise powered being seems to have, not even the reality warpers. Infact it sounds a lot more like she is highly overestimating herself for some reason.

It's also very convinient how her claim involves that no traces of the previous timeline can exist anymore to proof that they actualy ever existed in first place. Like someone trying to sell you an anti-dragon stone, claiming it works because there are obviously no dragons around.

How does one even proof or determine that their powers are "erasing the universe and setting it back to the point of my birth"?.

Meanwhile there is a whole selection of much more believable explanations of how her reset powers could actualy work.

Oh and across the Marvel Multiverse no Moira MacTaggert with this kind of powers has been shown so far. Infact the multiverse versions of Moira actualy contradict her being this kind of person. So there is more reason to belief that this might not actualy be the "real" Moira.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-08-2021 at 05:20 PM.

I have been thinking... do you think the "Trickster Titan, the betrayer and coward of its kind" could be future Douglock...?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Maybe because it sounds too "out there" to be believable as that's a magnitude of power no other mutant or otherwise powered being seems to have, not even the reality warpers. Infact it sounds a lot more like she is highly overestimating herself for some reason.

It's also very convinient how her claim involves that no traces of the previous timeline can exist anymore to proof that they actualy ever existed in first place. Like someone trying to sell you an anti-dragon stone, claiming it works because there are obviously no dragons around.

How does one even proof or determine that their powers are "erasing the universe and setting it back to the point of my birth"?.

Meanwhile there is a whole selection of much more believable explanations of how her reset powers could actualy work.

Oh and across the Marvel Multiverse no Moira MacTaggert with this kind of powers has been shown so far. Infact the multiverse versions of Moira actualy contradict her being this kind of person. So there is more reason to belief that this might not actualy be the "real" Moira.
    I think that, in the long term, her power will be retconned as her mind just moving to a parallel universe. But they won't reveal it until much later, to keep the feeling that the stakes are high...
    Last edited by Habis; 12-08-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Sooooo what exactly are people speculating was going on in that conversation between Doug and Beast regarding the corpses and what I assume are the Krakoan gate plants?
    I envisioned the gate flowers being grown on the corpses of dead mutant teleporters, incorporating their genetic material and abilities to power the gates.

Destiny and Mystique are horrible. Sheesh.

Just my 2 cents, but when OS said “mutants always win” I saw it as not referring to multiple futures, but multiple events that occurred within the same timeline where mutants come out of the conflict on top.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

I just hope it turns out Moira isn’t really a mutant and these 10 lives are not accurate and she’s just been a puppet. Yeah, I still hate what Hickman has done to Moira. Poor Claremont.

Mighty Member

The cover to this issue is misleading because Nimrod only appear at the end and the battle hasn't started yet.

Will Doug send some reinforcements to help Xavier since he knows everything that is going on?

The variant cover to Inferno #4 seems to be more telling.

Last edited by ericng; 12-08-2021 at 06:19 PM.

So are Doug and Warlock going to save Moira now that we know they know what's going on even in No-Places? Find out when Inferno #4 comes out... when does it come out again?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So are Doug and Warlock going to save Moira now that we know they know what's going on even in No-Places? Find out when Inferno #4 comes out... when does it come out again?
    5th January, about 4 weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So Karima’s been overwritten the entire time we’ve known her?

To step out of my lane for a minute, I think what’s been done with her would be dodge even if Storm was the leading lady and the mutant metaphor wasn’t tortured to hell and back; but when it’s Emma, Jean et all at the forefront we are into the really unfortunate stuff
    No I don’t think that they meant that Karima had been taken over by her future counterpart the whole time we’ve known her but rather that it was a recent happening in tune with the formation of Krakoa. This does however add another wrinkle to her situation as she’s now a victim in this, basically possessed by an evil version of her. The fact that Omega Sentinel referred to her as a host, I don’t think it’s a case of being permanent and that there could be some way to sever the connection between the 2. Of course the X-Men would have to first remember that she’s their friend and thus want to save her.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The variant cover to Inferno #4 seems to be more telling.
    I thought about this cover when I saw Sinister sitting at the Immortal X-Men table. Maybe they throw one of his clones down there.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    5th January, about 4 weeks from now.
    Thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

The main thing this issue emphasized is that Doug is the true power on Karkoa. Everyone else can plot, scheme, blackmail and attempt to manipulate but ultimately our boy Doug holds all the cards. He sees all, hears all and practically knows about all, and best of all he knows to keep it all to himself and move in silence. Doug, Warlock and Krakoa, the real trinity of the Krakoan age.