Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I watch The Big Bang Theory
    Didn't everyone?
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Just a thought...

Perhaps Moira does die at the end of Inferno, and what we see in 2022 is th fallout of the timeline reset.

When the dust settles, Krakoa/Arakko remain, but...
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Just a thought...

Perhaps Moira does die at the end of Inferno, and what we see in 2022 is th fallout of the timeline reset.

When the dust settles, Krakoa/Arakko remain, but...
    That was my theory:

JMy bet is the universe is resetted when Moira dies, but she is depowered during her 11th life (maybe she gets so sick of her mutant allies that she gives up and uses her "cure" on herself in order to live a last normal life in peace) so we have a new timeline that is similar to the current one but without Moira interacting with mutants in any meaningful way (and hence, without Proteus).

There still be a Krakoa nation, but without supervillains, the Resurrection Protocols and the Crucible.

Legion, Destiny, Blindfold and maybe Wanda may remember Moira thanks to their powers.
    X-Men fans mostly like Krakoa, but the current status quo, with the Quiet Council conspiring and backstabbing each other, and the island full of mass murdering supervillains isn't salvageable. Also, they can't have the mutants ruling the Sol system, that would limit too much all the other Marvel titles.

So they leave Krakoa, but remove the more controversial bits.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    That would be the most intentionally stupid thing she could ever do so I doubt it. Emma is many things, some unsavory, but she's not stupid.
    She decided to tell the truth to Mystique and Destiny, who may or may not kill Moira, she ain't looking that smart here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Didn't everyone?
    At some point, I guess, I'm not even sure if it's still around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    X-Men fans mostly like Krakoa, but the current status quo, with the Quiet Council conspiring and backstabbing each other, and the island full of mass murdering supervillains isn't salvageable. Also, they can't have the mutants ruling the Sol system, that would limit too much all the other Marvel titles.

So they leave Krakoa, but remove the more controversial bits.
    Even if that were to happen, I think Quiet Council is staying, since they're getting a book about themselves.

I just had the thought it's kind of like we are reading Days of Future Present. We know there is an alternate timeline of this future now one where the phoenix empowered mutants actually won and defeated the machines. Then we have the current timeline where they are speeding up waking up nimrod and feels like for the first time since claremont the x-men have shifted forward in time, if that makes sense. Like for all intents and purposes this battle is the big Days of Future Past where the mutants stand against the machines so however it ends lends itself to a new age.

Edit: And also xavier and co were worried about mutants thinking they always lose? Imagine mutants finding out after all their sacrafice etc. that they actually win and now someone is trying to change that. there wouldn't be a place to hide. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-13-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Even if that were to happen, I think Quiet Council is staying, since they're getting a book about themselves.
    Wasn't Mr. Sinister supposed to go to the Pit? I think I have seen a cover with that image somewhere...

Mystique, Destiny and Shaw may stay and will keep conspiring, but a Quiet Council without Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse looks way less evil...

Anyways, I think Mystique, Destiny and Shaw will eventually destroy the island or be kicked out...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Moira between Life 4 - Life 9 has seen mutants lose to the machines or advanced humans.

In Life 10 she comes up with the idea to have magneto/xavier/apocalypse/sinister all work together to create the Krakoa we have seen. And it worked. The Krakoan mutants were able to overcome the ascendacy of machines. The machines attempted to send a nimrod back in time to disrupt this but it failed because it came out too early. When post-humans showed up Apocalypse came back with his wife and wiped them out. Then the mutants went out into space and tracked down/killed all the machine dominions hiding in black holes thanks to a mutant (who everyone is assuming is Sunspot) wielding the Phoenix Force as a weapon.

The last machine dominion left alive (which is the same Dominion that was going to ascend the post-humans in Life 6 in the far far future) took Omega Sentinel and sent her back in time in order to prevent this future from happening. This made Moira's life 10, now Life 10-A. The 616 as we have known it is now Life 10-B from when Omega Sentinel came back from the future and created Orchis. So as the reader this happened sometime between the last time we saw Omega Sentinel and Hickman's HoX/PoX books where Orchis was already activated.

What you can also assume is in the 10-A timeline Moira either is still alive or they found a way to depower her before she died because it didn't erase the timeline (and can be assumed Life 10-A is still happening due to 10-A/10-B being parallel timelines vs Moira hard rebooting it into a new life).

Omega Sentinel also is a bit like Moira in her earlier lives when it comes to accomplishing her goal. She has an assignment to help the machines 'win' but she doesn't know the exact conditions that lead them to lose in the first place. So she is focusing on getting Nimrod activated early via her co-creation of Orchis. From her comments she doesn't seem aware that Krakoa has the Five resurrecting mutants or that Moira has knowledge of thousands and thousands of years from warring with the machines. She also does not seem aware that the machine war will just end up being a stalling mechanism for post-humanity to have time to gather their forces and roll over both the machines and mutants. She is under the assumption post-humans are a tool the machines can use to help overthrow mutants and rule over humanity.

We as the reader up to this point with the information we've gotten from the books were supposed to believe that maybe Moira in this life was going to betray mutants. We were also meant to believe that everything Xavier/Magneto have been doing were the wrong choices stemming from their arrogance and shortsightedness. But by revealing the 10-A timeline everything they've done was the right choice(s). The reason why it's failing is because there is a time traveling Omega Sentinel they are not aware of.
    Thanks for the explaining.

By the look of it, it seems humanity is the big loser on both scenarios, either on 10-A or 10-B. So, as far as I see, the best way this can end is for Mutantkind and Machines to destroy each other, so humanity can survive both threats.

So, the most logical way this can end is for Orchis and Krakoa to destroy each other, making Mutants and Machines to be reduced to minor groups once again and humanity can survive both threats.

About the "Trickster Titan" who sent Omega Sentinel to the past... At the beginning I thought that could be an evolution of Doug/Warlock/Krakoa, but... what if that Titan is the creation of Moira?

There is a theory around that Moira wants use all the muntant minds stored in Cerebra to create a Worldmind? She has access to advanced nanotech, she has access to all those digitalized minds, she has access to space travel... what if she creates Mutant Nimbus, only she manages to combine so many mutant minds it becomes a Titan...?

But in Moira Lifetime 10A mutants are killing all the Titans and Strongholds and Dominions, so the Trickster Titan allies with Omega Sentinel and sends her to the past with the purpose of killing all mutants once Moira has started her Worldmind project...?

They may be even working together, the Omega Sentinel pulling the strings to create the advanced nanotech to turn a planet into a Worldmind...

Or maybe Moira knows about Doug and Warlock and plans to use the fusion of Krakoa and Warlock as the nucleus of a new Worldmind...?

Wasn't Mr. Sinister supposed to go to the Pit? I think I have seen a cover with that image somewhere...
    I'm not so sure, being in QC gives privileges that lets you get away with a lot of shit... And covers lie or exaggerate what happens in a comic so that may be a lie.

Mystique, Destiny and Shaw may stay and will keep conspiring, but a Quiet Council without Mr. Sinister and Apocalypse looks way less evil...
    Specially without Sinister, Apocalypse is less brutal since the Krakoan shit started lol.

Anyways, I think Mystique, Destiny and Shaw will eventually destroy the island or be kicked out...
    Honestly, kicking them out would be a horrible idea, it'd be more logical for them to escape Krakoa, 'cause letting Mystique and Destiny leave it willingly if they don't trust those two is hella risky, might as well throw 'em into the Pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Thanks for the explaining.

By the look of it, it seems humanity is the big loser on both scenarios, either on 10-A or 10-B. So, as far as I see, the best way this can end is for Mutantkind and Machines to destroy each other, so humanity can survive both threats.

So, the most logical way this can end is for Orchis and Krakoa to destroy each other, making Mutants and Machines to be reduced to minor groups once again and humanity can survive both threats.
    Or they could just figure out Xavier dream is the way and stop thinking they, the humans and machines always win and work together because we learn either way humanity loses. If machines take over and won humans sacrifice their humanity if the mutants go all out and win both baseline humans and robots lose everything. The only hope for humanity at that point is another creed birth but given the ratio it would be an outline at most.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or they could just figure out Xavier dream is the way and stop thinking they, the humans and machines always win and work together because we learn either way humanity loses. If machines take over and won humans sacrifice their humanity if the mutants go all out and win both baseline humans and robots lose everything. The only hope for humanity at that point is another creed birth but given the ratio it would be an outline at most.
    Reached this point, I think it's obvious Xavier's dream is impossible. Especially when people will discover Xavier manipulated the United Nations to grant Krakoa the right to be called a country. When that secret comes out, humanity is going to be REALLY mad.

Reached this point, I think it's obvious Xavier's dream is impossible. Especially when people will discover Xavier manipulated the United Nations to grant Krakoa the right to be called a country. When that secret comes out, humanity is going to be REALLY mad.
    What can humanity do about it? The mutants have an entire planet and a seat on the galactic council.

Most of humanity will neither know nor care.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 12-13-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    What can humanity do about it? The mutants have an entire planet and a seat on the galactic council.

Most of humanity will neither know nor care.
    I think it's obvious they can do much. There have been hints about humans who are working against this. There's the guy who wanted to be the first human on Mars, until Mutants stole his dream and now it's scheaming againt them; and possibly plotting to restore Mars to its original form, a lifeless planet. And Henry Gyrich has been revealed to be wroking with other aliens to destroy Mutants' resources from other alien species.

Humanity has never tried to coexist with mutants in the x-books. you get some but most don't it's usually the mutants who do so it's time for the humans to realize it's a lose lose situation and it's time to eat some crow and makes some friends. beyond that i don't get why so many want the status quo back when those are usually the main ones complaining about how bad humans are made to look in their mutant hate. go figure.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.