Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Doug put in a lot of work. He's underappreciated by Xavier and Magneto.

So the Krakoa nation idea was going to be super successful and the mutants finally won. But hte machines are now travelling through time to try to tip the balance back in their favor.

I'm glad this issue also clarified that there wasn;'t a plot twist with Moira and that she was still trying to help mutants win. But that's gonna have big consequences now that she was doing what Mystique/Destiny wanted and they are back to torturing her.

But with Doug (the secret Xanathos of Krakoa) having eyes everywhere I guess it'll be up to him as to whether she gets rescued or if not rescued he informs the council what Mystique/Destiny did to Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And what was even the point of Colossus being the cliffhanger last issue? I thought he was finally gonna do something and bam he's out of story already.
    I don't think there will be anymore of Colossus in Inferno. We'll pick up on him (and his brother in Russia) either in XLoW / XDoW or more likely, in the relaunched X-Force next year.
    The real purpose of the Colossus appointment in the last issue was to show how desperate Professor X and Magneto have become and how that has lead them to make disastrous half-baked moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The timeline is so weird to me. Like everything that has happened - X of Swords, the Gala, etc. - has been within the span of a couple of months? Or maybe I read that wrong.
    Behold the invisible hand of Jordan D. White, who's obsessed with the idea that characters don't age.
    I had the exact same reaction reading the 'two months ago' caption in this issue as to when I read 'Arakko arrived two weeks ago' in Planet-Size X-Men, which I feel was also enforced by editorial.
    Was it Ambaryerno who used to say that in five years time, the X-Office will claim that everything in the Dawn of X era happened in a couple of weeks? Well, their prediction seems to be coming true.
    Does anyone actually believe that the Krakoa we are reading about in the books published today is literally just a two-month old nation?

A Phoenix blade was mentioned. What we saw looked like a spear, but I'm wondering if it's connected to the Blade of the Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

I'm confused. So Moira is not secretly evil, right? If so, I wonder what the Mystique/Destiny beef is aside from Moira's No Precogs rule.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I'm confused. So Moira is not secretly evil, right? If so, I wonder what the Mystique/Destiny beef is aside from Moira's No Precogs rule.
    That hasn't been ruled out yet. But it seems the real point of conflict is a lack of honest communication from all involved.

Fantastic Member

I’m probably the only one who thinks this, but I can’t help but think Hickman is taking the time to bounce because he’s figured out his story isn’t holding together all that well. There are some interesting concepts here but the execution is a complete mess.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

The Omega Sentinel storyline was superb. Days of Future Past machine version.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Inferno left me cold. Nanny delivered more heat in two panels of Hellions today.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Moira is not secretly evil with the information we got.

Re-reading it I think we're meant to believe that Mystique/Destiny did the arm thing. But its more likely Orchis did that and those two, in fact, did rescue her. And Mystique/Destiny are wanting to sit down and have a chat with her in a place they can't be disturbed to get to the bottom of what is going out without hearing it through the mouths of second-hand people with agendas.

One thing has me curious. Was Moira was lying all along and mutants always win? Or did OS merely come from the one timeline where mutants won? The fact that Dominions aren't bound by space-time like we are means they might know about Moira's whole spiel.

EDIT: Magneto confirms it, "mutants always win." But that makes the "we always lose" stuff between Moira and Charles at the end of HoX/PoX more confusing. I'll have to double-check that and see how it all lines up.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Moira is not secretly evil with the information we got.

Re-reading it I think we're meant to believe that Mystique/Destiny did the arm thing. But its more likely Orchis did that and those two, in fact, did rescue her. And Mystique/Destiny are wanting to sit down and have a chat with her in a place they can't be disturbed to get to the bottom of what is going out without hearing it through the mouths of second-hand people with agendas.
    Who knows? Maybe Moira chose to cut her arm off to try and get the tracer tech out of her system, or to lure Charles and Erik into a trap to pay them back?
    Last edited by Rift; 12-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

A Phoenix blade was mentioned. What we saw looked like a spear, but I'm wondering if it's connected to the Blade of the Phoenix?
    I think it is a nod to it, in the data page of Moira's ten life, there's a segment that says "Taming of the Phoenix. Reforging the Rook'shir blade".

One thing has me curious. Was Moira was lying all along and mutants always win? Or did OS merely come from the one timeline where mutants won? The fact that Dominions aren't bound by space-time like we are means they might know about Moira's whole spiel.
    I understood it as the robots are doing their own time travel seperate of Moira, and I think the main plot for Orchis now will be to be the competing timeline.

I'm enjoying this but it's really all over the place. Hickman usually does well with big ideas, but I think this is just too many big ideas coming together all at once. The Omega Sentinel reveal was interesting, but it felt really rushed and too much telling, not showing. I've mostly enjoyed Hickman's X-work, but I don't think he's been the franchise savior he was propped up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    At last we're finally moving.

Poor Colossus. Issue 2's cliffhanger was him joining the council, and he doesn't exist in issue 3.

The Doug and Omega Sentinel stuff is very interesting, especially Omega being the anti-Moira who is repeating timelines where mutants always win. At the same time, that Omega sentinel reveal should have been much earlier in the story. It should have been in issue 1 at the latest, not the end of issue 3.
    And I really thought that maybe Percy hit us with that surfing issue because the Colossus stuff was reserved for Inferno #3 and he couldn’t write about it. SMH
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-08-2021 at 09:26 AM.