Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    But didn't Jbenito mention that the issue with Death sorted itself out? Also not bringing back the mutants who died during a genocide isn't going to bring back innocent humans who died. That just means more dead people total.
    And what right have the Mutants to decide their kind should be resurrected while the humans stay dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    And what right have the Mutants to decide their kind should be resurrected while the humans stay dead?
    You're really reaching for a point. Lol
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

You seem to be missing the point that the humans are dead regardless... the mutants aren't intentionally keeping them dead or preventing anyone else from resurrecting them. I cannot think of a logical reason as to why they wouldn't resurrect the genocide victims that they can.

Astonishing Member

Okay, real quick, Death herself didn’t care about this afaik, the issue was that the free resurrections by Krakoa and Green Door causes her to go catatonic, and a version of the Living Tribunal to come and pronounce judgment of Death should continue to exist if groups are unlocking the keys to easily bypass it. They decided not to pass judgment after Jane Foster convinced them not to while she was healing Death. The issue with death did not sort itself out but required intervention from the mystic side of marvel to not turn the 616-verse into essentially the cancer verse.

Errr Huh?

Like forreals What? That's like asking what gives rich people the right to live in mansions while most of the human race don't.
    But what gives Mutants the right? Errr probably all the rights that Mutants don't have in the 616. The rights taken from them like by being forced to register by the government, or used as science experiments, getting killed by Huge Robotic Death Machines, or put through the mutate process, or being terrorized by Bastian Sentinels, crucified by the Purifiers, etc. These humanity produced evils prematurely took out countless mutant lives.

But actually What right do humans have to even begin to think they deserve the resurrection protocols. Humanity was collectively, preeeeety eFFin silent and content when Death stalked the mutant community sometimes they even cheered and treated it like a picnic (T-Cloud) but now Mutants got the secret of life they wanna D!CK Ride? Nah
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Errr Huh?

Like forreals What? That's like asking what gives rich people the right to live in mansions while most of the human race don't.
    But what gives Mutants the right? Errr probably all the rights that Mutants don't have in the 616. The rights taken from them like by being forced to register by the government, or used as science experiments, getting killed by Huge Robotic Death Machines, or put through the mutate process, or being terrorized by Bastian Sentinels, crucified by the Purifiers, etc. These humanity produced evils prematurely took out countless mutant lives.

But actually What right do humans have to even begin to think they deserve the resurrection protocols. Humanity was collectively, preeeeety eFFin silent and content when Death stalked the mutant community sometimes they even cheered and treated it like a picnic (T-Cloud) but now Mutants got the secret of life they wanna D!CK Ride? Nah
    Collectively blaming all of humanity for the actions of governments is frigging stupid, and I am really sick of this increasing trend on here and elsewhere that because of how dumb these comics have gotten with this crap, mutants are now approaching "Super special awesome race" territories. Guess what, if the marvel earth was anywhere near realistic about this kind of thing, you'd have a wide variety of reactions from humanity on this, varying and changing, probably more egalitarian over time, but instead because authors have increased the "The only thing between mutants and humans is competition and hate" we have this. Marvel Civillians are the dumbest thing about the marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Collectively blaming all of humanity for the actions of governments is frigging stupid, and I am really sick of this increasing trend on here and elsewhere that because of how dumb these comics have gotten with this crap, mutants are now approaching "Super special awesome race" territories. Guess what, if the marvel earth was anywhere near realistic about this kind of thing, you'd have a wide variety of reactions from humanity on this, varying and changing, probably more egalitarian over time, but instead because authors have increased the "The only thing between mutants and humans is competition and hate" we have this. Marvel Civillians are the dumbest thing about the marvel universe.
    "Super special awesome race"??

As a reader it's easy to observe the above-mentioned shitty situations left Mutant kind covered in poop. I'm not blaming any single government, just able to recognize that the life of a 616mutant is often short, maligned, and ends in violence. I'm not saying that's the whole of humanitys fault, that's just the Mutants lot life. But I don't see how latching to the only viable teat Mutants have right now is not only ridiculous and gauche but it just screams privilege
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    "Super special awesome race"??

As a reader it's easy to observe the above-mentioned shitty situations left Mutant kind covered in poop. I'm not blaming any single government, just able to recognize that the life of a 616mutant is often short, maligned, and ends in violence. I'm not saying that's the whole of humanitys fault, that's just the Mutants lot life. But I don't see how latching to the only viable teat Mutants have right now is not only ridiculous and gauche but it just screams privilege
    I don't think "Access to ways to bring people back from the dead and wanting access to it" screams demanded privilege. If they were demanding the mutant's special krakoan coffe maybe. Admittedly the mutant method is not perfect, it's slow, open to multiple avenues of attack, and I doubt is even still going to be around by 2030. But saying that humanity in general is being ridiculous if they were to want the secret of coming back from the dead in addition to what's implied to be near perfect biological sculpting does not click. Which is a moot point anyway since apparently no one has figured out the resurrections protocols yet on a wide scale outside of Orchis and Ben Urich.

Did you read HoX/PoX? Because it gives the whoooole backstory as to how and why the resurrection protocols came to be.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Did you read HoX/PoX? Because it gives the whoooole backstory as to how and why the resurrection protocols came to be.
    Pretty much. The point is moot because the resurrection protocols use Cerebero backups, which do not contain any human brainscans except for mutants who were later retconned to not be mutants. Now for why it's not currently in use, Mutants are overwhelmed as is trying to bring everyone back, and you also have the risks of the info going public, although Krakoa hasn't been the best at keeping it a secret. The quiet council are idiots for repeatedly sending X-force against the same targets over and over.

I'm mostly opposed to the idea that humanity doesn't "deserve" the protocols, but outside of that, this is not another Wakanda cure for cancer moment.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't say I'm 100% certain ,but seeing how Hickman seems to seed his work with lots of connected bits.Here is one I've picked by going back through HoX-PoX and it's looking very suspicious...In Inferno #3 OS says " The trickster titan.. betrayer and coward of its brother and sister machines downloaded my mind and pushed it through a black hole to infect and overwrite the me who lives in the past but had not yet awakened'

Now look at Powers of X#1 data page..
    "...the fourth generation of Sinister mutants suffered a systemic failure .The entire batch of these Omega based mutants Chimera mutants was produced with a corrupted hive mind that was only discovered to be defective after they had destroyed 40 percent of the remaining mutant population and caused the fall of Krakoa itself .They eventually commited mass suicide ,collapsing Mars, the Sinister pits and themselves into a self singularity....The fall of Krakoa and destruction of the Martian breeding pits was directly preceded by the betrayal of mutants by Mister Sinister.Retrospectively, it is obvious that Mister Sinister was playing a longer game of self-interest that superseded any formal association or alliance..it is now believed that most of the random circumstances that led to the creation of Sinister's program were,in fact orchestrated by him"

To me this suggests Sinister as perhaps a self engineered mutant is the first homo novissima and in life 9 he in all likelihood just had one of his clones defect to the machines, but his real goal for Sinister 'prime' was ascension to become a Titan/Dominion ,hence the orchestrated mass omega chimera suicide.I mean he could have even hidden his DNA spliced into the DNA of every chimaera waiting for his moment to ascend once they all collapse into a black hole .If this is the case I think he is the trickster who sent OS back into life 10. I know the whole brother-sister of the trio is confusing and I don't know if this can reconcile with my theory but damn if this was revealed in book 4 ,it would be hella twisted..Maybe that is why one of the variant covers has him being dragged by Krakoa into the pit as Xavier and Destiny look on?

Thoughts?

I adored this issue! Especially the part about Douglas double crossing the Helm dudes together with Warlock, and Krakoa. Beautiful flashback of him creating Krakoa. Don't have words how much I enjoyed seeing the most boring X-Man of all time getting this level of love.

But WTF!! is Mystique's, Destiny's, and Emma's problem? I cannot really follow their reasoning and find their response towards Moira way too krass. But I suppose Moira is revealed to be a villain and not heroic as we thought before.

Cannot wait for issue 4. But honestly, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ONGOING SERIES OF THE LAST TWO BLOODY YEARS! That's the level of quality comic books should bring monthly.

Mr. Hickman sir, please stay. just 10 issues more. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!! ;-)
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-23-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    This issue just runs circles around all the other X-writers - and all other Marvel comics in general. The pacing, tension, panel timing - Hickman's got the artform down to a science - and its all distinctly his own style. Nothing even remotely close in comics today.
    Inferno #4 will be the last Xmen issue I buy. They f'ed up bigtime forcing Hickman out the door.
    Enjoy mediocre X-crap for years to come...
    100 percent my sentiment after Inferno 3. Super super sad, that we won't get more of this in the following years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, real quick, Death herself didn’t care about this afaik, the issue was that the free resurrections by Krakoa and Green Door causes her to go catatonic, and a version of the Living Tribunal to come and pronounce judgment of Death should continue to exist if groups are unlocking the keys to easily bypass it. They decided not to pass judgment after Jane Foster convinced them not to while she was healing Death. The issue with death did not sort itself out but required intervention from the mystic side of marvel to not turn the 616-verse into essentially the cancer verse.
    Death had a crisis of faith, green door and krakoa were never mentioned. Without dead a universe becomes a cancerverse and nobody wants that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I adored this issue! Especially the part about Douglas double crossing the Helm dudes together with Warlock, and Krakoa. Beautiful flashback of him creating Krakoa. Don't have words how much I enjoyed seeing the most boring X-Man of all time getting this level of love.

But WTF!! is Mystique's, Destiny's, and Emma's problem? I cannot really follow their reasoning and find their response towards Moira way too krass. But I suppose Moira is revealed to be a villain and not heroic as we thought before.

Cannot wait for issue 4. But honestly, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ONGOING SERIES OF THE LAST TWO BLOODY YEARS! That's the level of quality comic books should bring monthly.

Mr. Hickman sir, please stay. just 10 issues more. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!! ;-)
    I thought their issue would be the amount of manipulation that her, Charles and Erik have done to absolutely everyone to make this work without actually telling anyone, but it also seems that they aren’t happy with the idea that everything could just get reset if Moira drinks too much soda and accidentally clogs her own arteries. Or falls down some stairs.