Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

About the "Mutants always win", it is not that Moira lied. Karima came from the future of life 10 of Moira, her current life. Aparently, they did everything right with Krakoa and mutants finally won, instead of lose as previous lives.

But the machines sent Karima back in time, creating a new timeline in Moira's 10th life, the things we're seeing now! So around the time Krakoa was being built, Karima was creating Orchis to counteract the Mutants and prevent her reality, when humans and machines lost.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't place the bulk of the blame at Hickman's feet personally. Plans have changed from their inception and I highly doubt Hickman wanted to wrap up his X-Men Epic with a 5 issue mini event. A lot of what's been going on in this event and especially with this issue was probably meant to be peppered throughout Dawn of X and Reign of X Devo's backstory, OS's backstory, the Children of the Vault plotline, Doug's BTS in HoX, and the Phoenix and Dominion plotline all seem like things Hickman would have handled in his Xmen title(s) in some way shape or form..
    Yes, definitely. I probably worded that a little too harshly because I know it's not all on him, nor is any of it actually bad by any means. He's doing great work, and we know there's been a lot of editorial interference. He has a lot to do in so few issues. They should have done this full circle with two intertwining 6 issue minis like HoX/PoX.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Okay yeah i stand by my original assessment. The mutants eventually always win. This is the life from Powers of X and House of X and that would be the Karima that was sucked into the black hole so this would make this life 11 for moira. I think moira still is salty her cure choice was taken away from her and since this is life 11 and she isn't done yet she wants to do things right and that means keeping Destiny off the board inher mind.
    I think 'always' is the wrong word, 'ultimately' is more correct.If 'always' is meant to be true it implies two inconceivably absurd assumptions 1.Moira lived in 10 lives where mutants lose, implying outside of those 10 lives they win in the multiverse 2.Moira in each of her lives dies before she witnesses mutant victory ,this is possible in lives 3,4,5,7,8 but unlikely in life 9 and all but impossible in life 6.

The other option is to say Moira is a liar, but with this issue it looks doubtful.I do like to think mutants win in life 10 as per this issue. If true then the implication for the reader is Krakoa is here for the long haul and since we know Wolverine saga continues ,reality will probably hold.My only problem now is how are Mystique and Irene still against Moira after she gave mutants victory?The animus (if it's legit)is strange .Looks like Moira is the victim here in the long run, but the book ain't over yet.. and fate is already changing with CoV now at level 4 evolution who knows if they'll lose the war with this butterfly effect..interesting to say the least.I just wish it was a six issue arc.

BANNED

I am not sure I like where this is going. To say that Mystique ever really deserved moral high ground due to her past sins and Emma saying to the person who actually killed her before to make her reborn about how Moria is the one annihilating is just hypocrisy. Moira's vengeance is kinda pointless to be honest
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-08-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Incredible Member

He has energy powers now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think 'always' is the wrong word, 'ultimately' is more correct.If 'always' is meant to be true it implies two inconceivably absurd assumptions 1.Moira lived in 10 lives where mutants lose, implying outside of those 10 lives they win in the multiverse 2.Moira in each of her lives dies before she witnesses mutant victory ,this is possible in lives 3,4,5,7,8 but unlikely in life 9 and all but impossible in life 6.

The other option is to say Moira is a liar, but with this issue it looks doubtful.I do like to think mutants win in life 10 as per this issue. If true then the implication for the reader is Krakoa is here for the long haul and since we know Wolverine saga continues ,reality will probably hold.My only problem now is how are Mystique and Irene still against Moira after she gave mutants victory. The animus (if it's legit is strange) .Looks like Moira is the victim here in the long run, but the book ain't over yet.. and fate is already changing with CoV now at level 4 evolution who knows if they'll lose the war with this butterfly effect..interesting to say the least.I just wish it was a six issue arc.
    Well techincally it would be always because when humanity gave themselves to the phalanx it was made very clear it would happen across all time, space, and realities, including moira dying which is what seemingly made the mission so important. We now find out that the upload went through but phoenix empowered mutants destroyed the actual data erasing humanity essentially giving mutants the win always.

Though another easy way out is to say Moira had no idea as she and wolverine were trapped and they had no idea a few remaining mutants wrestled control of the phoenix right before wolverine killed her or that could be something that just happened in this timelines future because of the choices made. So it could really go either way.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-08-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I’m probably the only one who thinks this, but I can’t help but think Hickman is taking the time to bounce because he’s figured out his story isn’t holding together all that well. There are some interesting concepts here but the execution is a complete mess.
    There's problems with the execution because he obviously didn't intended to tell this story in 4 issues, less than 3 years after he arrived.

Mighty Member

I can't help but feel some of this blame does sit at Hickman's feet. He could have done a lot more than he did and his own X-men round was the most meandering book of the ENTIRE launch. Which is saying something with X-force doing whatever the hell it does month to month.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still reeling from all the revelations. Doug is a force, love that kid.
    Omega Sentinel's history was very interesting and Emma working with Raven and Irene is oof, huge stuff.
    Excellent issue. I'm still gathering myself.
    Same here.
    I have so many thoughts...it will take a few readings well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Well techincally it would be always because when humanity gave themselves to the phalanx it was made very clear it would happen across all time, space, and realities, including moira dying which is what seemingly made the mission so important. We now find out that the upload went through but phoenix empowered mutants destroyed the actual data erasing humanity essentially giving mutants the win always.
    That is 'always' in perpetuity because Moira won't die to reset reality and Dominions cease to be a problem but it still goes back to ultimately , it doesn't erase previous loses. Basically are you saying is after Dominions are destroyed..reality keeps resetting? I don't know if that makes sense really but anyway for me ultimately not 'always' makes sense with the set up.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    That hasn't been ruled out yet. But it seems the real point of conflict is a lack of honest communication from all involved.
    Isn't that basically the point of all the conflicts with X-Men and in general Marvel comics, lack of honest communication? I know that was the cause of Inhuman vs X-Men for sure.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I can't help but feel some of this blame does sit at Hickman's feet. He could have done a lot more than he did and his own X-men round was the most meandering book of the ENTIRE launch. Which is saying something with X-force doing whatever the hell it does month to month.
    i don't see how, he had direct plans for act 1, 2, 3, and the other writers liked the setup act so much and wanted to go horizontally and worldbuild and he had to start spinning his tires

this issue was just classic hickman, payoffs, stakes being elevated, deep callbacks. there isn't a single x-writer that can match this in the upcoming era, so disappointing we're not going to get the full story from him

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    i don't see how, he had direct plans for act 1, 2, 3, and the other writers liked the setup act so much and wanted to go horizontally and worldbuild and he had to start spinning his tires

this issue was just classic hickman, payoffs, stakes being elevated, deep callbacks. there isn't a single x-writer that can match this in the upcoming era, so disappointing we're not going to get the full story from him

People say that, but a lot of this set up wouldn't suddenly screw with other books? Who the hell else was using the Horde Culture? Or Children of the Vault? or Vulcan? The Brood?

Unless Hickman's ideas required members of those other books to end up vaporized and unavailable, he had a billion plot lines and a BUNCH of free mutants he coulda taken some and done... ANYTHING with

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm still reeling from all the revelations. Doug is a force, love that kid.
    Omega Sentinel's history was very interesting and Emma working with Raven and Irene is oof, huge stuff.
    Excellent issue. I'm still gathering myself.
    Is Emma really working with Raven and Irene? She clearly stated she is NOT with them or Charles and Magnus. She clearly states that she's in it no for herself and her children, and Irene even blatantly told Raven that Emma is somewhat instigating it all.

Mighty Member

Duggan and Ewing did more with Orchis in two issues EACH than Hickman did in 20+ leading up to Inferno...

were they the guys hamstringing that shit?