Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hellions 18 Review/Spoiler Thread - "This has the potential to get messy"

The QC are discussing what to do with Orphan maker following last issue. Earlier, the x-men are seen welcoming the Hellions back on Krakoa. Kwannon wants to ensure that OM isnt sent to the pits. Cyclops says he cant and that prompts Greycrow to attack and te two teams fight. Its revealed that Empath was responsible for the attaack

Sinister turns on the Hellions and feels they should be punished. Kwannon ends up punching him. The QC gets back to business and Magneto reveals that OM committed a high crime. Kurt interrupts him adn says the Hellions are needed as they represent that they dont dispose of mutants. Xavier doesnt agree and thinks OM should be punished bc he's had the mind of a man since XOS

Nanny interrupts and tries to speak for him. She says that he wont go to the pits alone and threatens to kill as many humans as possible to join him. She then asks Kate about her mother. Nanny and OM are then both sent to the pits

A few days later Empath is wit the Hellions and Greycrow tries to snipe him but Kwannon stops him. Next, Alex is with Scott. Scott tells him that bringing back Maddie comes with complications, like the one he is married to. Alex tells him to go away bbut Scott tells him to follow him. Madelyne is there. Alex is overjoyed and the two agree to meet up later to catch up. Maddy then looks in a mirror and sees her Goblyn Queen appearance

Magneto and Emma talk about the work she's done and then move on to Sinister. They agree he is a cancer and dont like that he is allowed to walk. Last seen is of Kwannon and Greycrow on a beach together
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-08-2021 at 08:41 AM.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

This is really the swan song for our favorite band of outcasts/Krakoa's favorite scapegoats huh? I'm getting a little emotional. Hellions was really one of the best issues of the whole Hickman run, and its brilliance really came as a surprise (to me, at least). I wonder what's gonna happen to Kyle, though.

I'm excited to see where the Kwannon/Greycrow relationship goes. That beach scene was gorgeously drawn.

And what to do with Sinister and his chimeras?

Justice for the Hellions! The Council put a bunch of sick and hurting mutants under the care of Sinister and then do them like this?!?

I’m really gonna miss this title.

That was great. A great finale for best title of the Krakoa era (by far).

I don't envy whoever sits in Mystique's chair should they ever take her place on the Council.

I liked how Alex and Lorna just casually say hi to each other during the proceedings. This book was great at balancing seriousness and levity.

Empath's got me wondering. Did he calm the Hellions down after they lost control, or did he instigate things in the first place? They lacked pink thingies around their heads when the fighting first started, so it's probably the former. I was kind of expecting him to have some sort of role in the resolution, maybe take the blame for OM or influencing the Council. But living a hollow existence is pretty poignant.

Nanny's final moment with OM was sweet. She was so unfair with him, but I'm glad she was still in his corner in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Booooo! This is the first QC meeting that Mystique has kept her legs closed

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Booooo! This is the first QC meeting that Mystique has kept her legs closed
    She isn't trying to bargain for anything this time. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

This was a very bitter sweet read. More bitter than anything.

Lorna and Alex's interaction was my favorite thing in the book.

I really want to see how Jean was convinced to relent on the Maddie issue by Emma of all people, haha. That conversation was probably hilarious.

I hope we get to see all of them in some form in the new books.

BANNED

Greycrow and Psylocke are by FAR. I mean by far the best couple in this era.

Good last issue.

Empath was there,eh? And now he is looking guilty/remorseful. Loved seeing the OG Hellions confronting him.

Nanny in the pit? Good riddance, just wish we could have seen what she really looks like.

Orphan Maker was probably controlled by Empath. Will we ever know?

I like John and Kwannon together. Wonder how Arclight feels about that.

Never cared for Maddie and especially not Alex with her. Eww.

WildChild... I had hoped he would have had his mental issues resolved by this issue and reverted back to being the handsome Wild Heart.

Hoping that we will get some sort of follow up to these characters, but sadly the titles of the new books don't seem to have anything Hellions related.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Beautiful drawn. Brilliantly written. Concise in it's own canon. High emotional stakes and promised pay off even when you don't want those who have to pay the price to suffer. This is definitely a book i'm sad to see go. Nothing else to add really, this was just great from issue 1 and never lost a beat. I could easily read 100 more issues with this same team, both on the page and off.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good last issue.

Empath was there,eh? And now he is looking guilty/remorseful. Loved seeing the OG Hellions confronting him.

Nanny in the pit? Good riddance, just wish we could have seen what she really looks like.

Orphan Maker was probably controlled by Empath. Will we ever know?

I like John and Kwannon together. Wonder how Arclight feels about that.

Never cared for Maddie and especially not Alex with her. Eww.

WildChild... I had hoped he would have had his mental issues resolved by this issue and reverted back to being the handsome Wild Heart.

Hoping that we will get some sort of follow up to these characters, but sadly the titles of the new books don't seem to have anything Hellions related.
    Ah! I'm happy to see that someone else remembers te Kyle that could be!
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As endings go, this was an absolute PERFECTION! 100/10 and a Universe of stars.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The last two issues made me emotional and this one shattered my heart into a million pieces.

I'm sad for Nanny and Peter. I hope however Creed gets out, they somehow bust out too. I also felt bad for Empath.

The X-Men looked great in that first panel of them. The whole issue was beautifully drawn.

Greycrow and Kwannon - love them together.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

This is how you write a team book.Every character is given an arc and no one is overshadowed, it ties in w/ the bigger story and yet can be read as a standalone.It has humor and heart and so much of both.And all this while having a cast with minimum star power.

Here's to hellions, the best X-book