Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Alex being killed and resurrected more than once during Hellions didn't seem to help, since his saved copy still had the same issues as before. I don't know that this latest death will be any different.
    I didn't figure it would, but was hoping maybe death by brain-eating would have a special effect

Ultimate Member

Sadly I don't think that Marvel actually cares enough about Alex to fix that bad storyline of his...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sadly I don't think that Marvel actually cares enough about Alex to fix that bad storyline of his...
    Sadly, you’re right. For the most part Alex had not been given his own unique job that would take him out of his brother’s shadow as leader of the X-Men and a War Captain.

Like after Jean came back, Hope was out into Limbo until they gave her a job as one of the 5. Which fit her as the mutant messiah.

Alex needs something interesting to do make people think of him as more than Scott’s brother.

The writers forgot he is a scientist.

BANNED

Take Jean and Madelyne.

Jean is co leader of the XMen. Magik got overextended being not just queen of Limbo, but War Captain of Krakoa, teaching at Strange’s Academy, leader of New Mutants, and teaching on Krakoa.

So she decided to give up being queen of Limbo to Madelyne. The Goblin Queen has a very different job and character than Jean Grey.

So they both work.

Alex’s cosmic blasts are powerful enough. But all he can do is blast. Maybe he should be able to use his powers to make himself superstrong, durable, or fly. Or for some other interesting affects. Maybe the right modification of his leads could make him good for space missions.

Ultimate Member

Well the Lorna fans here blame Alex for everything that they don't like about her history, and even things now somewhat, right now he needs something that yeah gets him out of Scott's shadow and does away with the whole inversion mess, and last I checked Alex is actually stronger than Scott, powers wise...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 05-25-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well the Lorna fans here blame Alex for everything that they don't like about her history, and even things now somewhat, right now he needs something that yeah gets him out of Scott's shadow and does away with the whole inversion mess, and last I checked Alex is actually stronger than Scott, powers wise...
    More or better powers probably won't help. As you note, Alex technically has better powers than Scott anyway (since he's got the same big ass gun, without the whole flaw of not being able to turn it off and having to wear goggles), while various other characters, like their older brother Gabriel, have *even better powers*, and are not as popular as Scott, the least powerful Summers.

Unfortunately, Alex is written as a bit of a schmoe, fairly consistently, and that makes it hard to root for the guy.

Ultimate Member

Lately Alex has been used as the writers mouthpiece character and so been jerked all over the place characterwise and done things that those that already hated him siezed upon to further bash him...