Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Sign me up!
    Nonono, Sibling. I won't have it. The only Retreats we need are the Red and Green Lagoons.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nonono, Sibling. I won't have it. The only Retreats we need are the Red and Green Lagoons.
    I wonder if they could rename that bar they bought in the Old Town of Madripor the Black Lagoon?

Mighty Member

Okay, The overall series seem to be focusing Kwannon/Pyslocke as a main protagonist since she is the driving plot in almost of the entire arcs. From Mr Sinister's loyalty since he has her daughter x-genes to the one who stop Mastermind’s plan at the Arcade’s Murderworld. She is pretty much the central story for the next arc dealing with the Locus Vile while the other are just the team players.

From Greycrow being a murderous killer to end up getting a woman like Kwannon.

Empath and Wildchild have grown some emotions ever since they join the team. Pity, they really need more sympathy and love.

Nanny and Orphan Maker are now reconcile even thought with so many trouble they make.

And lastly, Havok was only there in this team for being used as a plot device. So, nothing much for Havok.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    And lastly, Havok was only there in this team for being used as a plot device. So, nothing much for Havok.
    Yeah, after the first arc he was just, kinda there... The Gala made it clear he wants to get the **** away from the team, but yeah, he was there just to whine about Madelyne lol.

I haven't read the original Inferno yet, was Havok always like this about Madelyne? Or did he get flanderized?

Ultimate Member

Some of the original was Maddy's doing, and just remember that whole affair with Annie was "helped" by her son, who used his powers as a little kid to "help" Alex and Annie get together in their dreams and such though nobody brought it up or seemed bothered by it...

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I am going to miss this book very, very much.

To me it's been the best book of the Krakoa era, with daylight second.

Sending mutants to the Pit of Exiles seems so imprudent. I understand that someone could need to be put their if they were unrepentantly causing mayhem, death, and destruction-- like Nature Girl. But theres no way you can tell me Krakoa cant find a use for Orphan Maker/Nany and Sabretooth, out of the way of humanity. You cant set up something on Arakko? Send them to Dryador with Famine and Pestilence? SWORD cant use them to guard against the Orchis Forge?

Krakoa needs a version of the Nights Watch from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    Krakoa needs a version of the Nights Watch from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones.
    I mean Krakoa island is pretty much the Games of Thrones version of X-Men already.

Astonishing Member

This ending is frustrating, because the book is exactly where I figured it would get to, but this is the part that I was waiting for. Even brain damaged Alex, struggles to resurrect Maddy, Maddy resurrected heal Alex, the outcast teams at odds with the ptb of Krakoa, the rich Maddy/Sinister dynamic (she despising him but he seeing her as his "daughter/greatest accomplishment"), Greycrow's continued development. Now the best written X-book is finished while books I didn't care for or being repurposed, while Hellions is just over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her next story is her plotting to take over Limbo. When they resurrect people, they dress them.

I think they brought her back with her full memories, including when she was Nate’s creation, and the Red Queen. It’s why she was angry at being brought back as Alex’s consulation prize, instead of being invited to Krakoa as an individual in her own right. Boy, did they handle that poorly.
    I have no doubt Maddy's first scenes post resurrection would have played out differently if Zeb was still on the title and the title was continuing. No need for a into the Goblin Queen reveal. She probably wouldn't have been so cold with Alex either. Despite her psychopathic portrayal in here initial Hellions appearance there was a warmth between her and Alex. Zeb was building towards something deeper. However now he is off to Spiderman, the other X-scribes want Maddy as a generic villain to boost sales on their X-books so why complicate that? Now Maddy is plotting to take over a dimension she has never been in, unless they merged this Maddy with Teen Maddy memories too.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    This ending is frustrating, because the book is exactly where I figured it would get to, but this is the part that I was waiting for. Even brain damaged Alex, struggles to resurrect Maddy, Maddy resurrected heal Alex, the outcast teams at odds with the ptb of Krakoa, the rich Maddy/Sinister dynamic (she despising him but he seeing her as his "daughter/greatest accomplishment"), Greycrow's continued development. Now the best written X-book is finished while books I didn't care for or being repurposed, while Hellions is just over.
    Will this story ever continue?? So many open storylines left.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Will this story ever continue?? So many open storylines left.

Will Havok having his brain eaten by the helmet of death in the current issue of X-Force finally solve his inversion?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Will Havok having his brain eaten by the helmet of death in the current issue of X-Force finally solve his inversion?
    what happened? I am not up to date on X-Force but tbh none of the current X-books move me except for the mothership, and a slight interest in New Mutants because of Maddy. Hellions was the only must read X-book for me since the Hickman reboot and now it is gone

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by plasmaintights View Post
    Alex being killed and resurrected more than once during Hellions didn't seem to help, since his saved copy still had the same issues as before. I don't know that this latest death will be any different.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    what happened? I am not up to date on X-Force but tbh none of the current X-books move me except for the mothership, and a slight interest in New Mutants because of Maddy. Hellions was the only must read X-book for me since the Hickman reboot and now it is gone
    wolverine time-travelling somehow caused a cerebro helmet to become sentient and evil, and it's going around Krakoa eating mutant brains and taking their powers in the pages of x-force