Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I also must say that Kurt shined nicely here. His speech was great.
    And I appreciate Storm suggesting Kwannon could have one more kick.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

so did nanny getting a resurrection after dying on earth get rid of the amenth influence from her last one? she seemed more like how she was before x of swords when she appeared at the trial

A good ending to a good book. All characters had some kind of conclusion to their respective arc. I got emotional about the scene of Nanny and Orphan-Maker going to the pit. He broke the law and he should be penalized, but it is very hard to watch this. Like Storm felt. I wish the council had different ways to judge people, not only throw them away in all cases. I'm with Nightcrawler in this.

The only thing I'd complain, as in most issues, is that I feel the book is a little decompressed. I wish the chacacters had more to say, more dialogue, for us to understand what they are really feeling. I think Wells leaves to much of the emotions to be conveyed by the art. Theses artists are very capable, mostly the amazing Segovia, but I also like to read stuff, lol. I'd like to know more about Empath's feelings, how Havok feels about the Maddie situation, what Greycrow wants for his life, what Nanny thinks of the actions of Orphan-maker that made her change her actions... All of these subjects were addressed, don't get me wrong, but I'd like more depth to really love it completely.
    Last edited by Weather; 12-08-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Krakoa's sake!

Can Jumbo please get the OG ADULT Hellions out of those school uniforms and into some individual costumes??

Pass the uniforms onto some of the rebellious mutant children!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

This is some Bull how many of these people have gotten away with murder & mutilation since that stupid rule has been in effect they pick & choose when to show favortism!

Astonishing Member

The best book after HoX-PoX, so sad to see it end, loved the story arcs for everyone.Just can't stand Emma's talk of 'speedy resolutions', she sat on her hands when she should and could have outed Sinister when he murdered the team after exiting Amenth/Avalon. Anyway this appeasement of Sinister is going to bite Krakoa in the ass.Guy is probably already cooking a Scott-Jean-Logan-Kurt-Storm chimaera.

This was a great finale, but I really wanted too see Orphan Maker's real form.
    Mutant and Proud!

All-New Member

i'm gonna miss this team. Nanny was a surprise MVP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is some Bull how many of these people have gotten away with murder & mutilation since that stupid rule has been in effect they pick & choose when to show favortism!
    Krakoa is a super-condensed version of how justice is applied in all societies. There are a different set of rules for those with power, money, class, the "right" genes; versus who they feel perfectly comfortable punishing and making examples of.

Great issue. Overall, a very sad ending for all, but a realistic one. You want to see justice served, people get what's coming to them. But there were no winners. Just a small spark of hope for John and Kwannon.

Go ahead. Chuck Sinister in the Pit. Next thing you know, the OG Marauders are gonna have a little reunion down there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    A good ending to a good book. All characters had some kind of conclusion to their respective arc. I got emotional about the scene of Nanny and Orphan-Maker going to the pit. He broke the law and he should be penalized, but it is very hard to watch this. Like Storm felt. I wish the council had different ways to judge people, not only throw them away in all cases. I'm with Nightcrawler in this.

The only thing I'd complain, as in most issues, is that I feel the book is a little decompressed. I wish the chacacters had more to say, more dialogue, for us to understand what they are really feeling. I think Wells leaves to much of the emotions to be conveyed by the art. Theses artists are very capable, mostly the amazing Segovia, but I also like to read stuff, lol. I'd like to know more about Empath's feelings, how Havok feels about the Maddie situation, what Greycrow wants for his life, what Nanny thinks of the actions of Orphan-maker that made her change her actions... All of these subjects were addressed, don't get me wrong, but I'd like more depth to really love it completely.
    I agree, while this is by far my favourite X-book of this era, I always felt like it just needed commit to what it always seemed to be teasing about the characters, like it always felt like what development it was trying to convey was fragile, and I don't think we would have gotten as much 'commitment' to those beats if this was not the final issue.

Mighty Member

So the outcome of this series are several new couples?

1. Alex and Madelyne
    2. Kwannon and Greycrow

3. Nanny and Peter imprisoned
    4. Empath is back with the original Hellions

Wildchild doesn't seem have any important role in the whole series.... I think

I would die for John Greycrow.

Astonishing Member

Nanny bringing up Kitty's mother opened a can of worms for me.

Like is she still in contact with her regulary? What's her mother thinking of Krakoa? Has she informed her of her temporary death status? How is she going to explain to her that they are bringing back the dead mutants of Genosha, but obviously won't bring back the hundred thousands of normal humans who died on it which includes her father?

"Hello muter. I just wanted to call, because i was dead for a while, but i'm fine now. They cloned me 18 times until they finaly figured out how to keep my body alive long enough to transfer a copy of my memory from the creepy helmet Professor Xavier currently wears all the time, you may have seen it on the news, into said clone body.
    Because we mutants do that now.
    Mister Sinister, that creepy white skinned and black lipped crazed scientist we fought and defeated several times at risk of our own lifes to save innocent people from being brutaly experimented on like some concentration camp or Unit 731 prisoners is now supervising samples of all our DNA, we don't bother doing that ourself, so we can make clone bodies via 5 mutants combining their powers and Professor Xavier has secretly made a copy of all our memories on his creepy helmet. So when we die now, we just clone ourselfs back to life and download those memories. No biggy. It's a mutant culture thing, you know?
    But i'm still the same, apparently my immortal soul gets sucked into the new clone bodies once the memories are transfered. Though i had my knuckles tattooed twice now. Because apparently i'm in some rebellious teenage mindset, despite being over mid 20 now. So no part of my soul is currently in heaven i think. Don't worry. Though that also means i can't say hi from dad. By the way. We are currently cloning all dead mutants of Genosha back to live. Not the humans like dad though. You hummies have to deal with being outdated and we mutants are the future. Anyway. Just don't be suprised if some policeman might ring to inform you that i'm dead, that's just one of the clone bodies that might wash up on some shore and since it has my DNA they might figure out it's me. Just laugh it off.
    Anyway i'm off happily riding a horse next to Emma Frost, the woman who tried to recruit me to her team of villanous teenagers she trained for her nevarious deeds, but she is cool now.
    Love you bye bye."

A great final issue! It really was a great team book, and a lot of it had to do with how unrestrained their story was within the entire X-Men lineup. Their story never really had to fit in perfectly with the rest of the titles, and when it did it was kind of on the periphery.

I liked that each character was entertaining in their own unique, fresh, funny, and still poignant way. It was everything that Williams' X-Factor was not (everyone just talking and acting like outdated Buffy characters).

I only have a few tiny complaints. As with a lot of writing this era, they never reference the X-Men's (rich) history. You have Storm in the same room as Nanny and Storm doesn't get to at least get a teeny bit of anger out?? The other complaint is just making Alex such a lovelorn character. They could have still fit in Madelyne's resurrection without making it like Alex's only goal in life.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Krakoa's sake!

Can Jumbo please get the OG ADULT Hellions out of those school uniforms and into some individual costumes??

Pass the uniforms onto some of the rebellious mutant children!
    lol I like to think they and the New Mutants are stuck in a standoff with each team refusing to let the other rep their school colors without representing their own.