Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    A great final issue! It really was a great team book, and a lot of it had to do with how unrestrained their story was within the entire X-Men lineup. Their story never really had to fit in perfectly with the rest of the titles, and when it did it was kind of on the periphery.

I liked that each character was entertaining in their own unique, fresh, funny, and still poignant way. It was everything that Williams' X-Factor was not (everyone just talking and acting like outdated Buffy characters).

I only have a few tiny complaints. As with a lot of writing this era, they never reference the X-Men's (rich) history. You have Storm in the same room as Nanny and Storm doesn't get to at least get a teeny bit of anger out?? The other complaint is just making Alex such a lovelorn character. They could have still fit in Madelyne's resurrection without making it like Alex's only goal in life.

I will miss this series a lot, and I generally like the way this issue put a wrap on things -- the Greycrow/Havok moment near the end was a mellow cool micro-moment for me -- but I agree about the lovelorn Alex thing -- his head is still screwed up -- that was not resolved at all -- and there's just something too calculatedly creepy about lining him up with the reincarnated Maddy (who I have to admit I can't stand as a character) as part of some future retrograde demi-inferno shlock. That said, there is something about Wild Child taking the pills and chilling out after everything that makes some sense.....

Incredible Member

This book is great, but with all of X-Force and X-Men Green human murders all of this reads very shallow.

Amazing Member

Beginning to end, the best series of the Krakoa Era. One of the things I've noticed is how J.D. White never talks about this series when hyping up the line and Zeb has been out of every promotion of the X-Line, didn't even do something for last issue. I wonder if the departure wasn't amicable?

Buy anyways, I loved Zeb got 3 volumes to tell his story and ended it perfectly.

Peter coming back to save mutantkind with his dormant power (the reason he has to use that armor, **** even Charles was shooked of it) in who knows when, is going to be glorious.

This was my favorite story in the line I mean they made me care about Empath like WTF EMPATH

Good wrap up/Sad to see it go.

If Marvel has even a lick of common sense?

They hand this writer very big things.

Sad to see it go but this book was awesome!
    Thank you Wells and Segovia!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    She isn't trying to bargain for anything this time. ��
    Could be talking about Alex here. God, he's so pathetic.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Great ending to a great series. Not gonna lie, I laughed at Nightcrawler's insanely tone deaf speech and Cyclops showing up just so he'd take a literal hit for the people responsible for the Orphan-Maker, fiasco. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So the outcome of this series are several new couples?

1. Alex and Madelyne
    2. Kwannon and Greycrow

3. Nanny and Peter imprisoned
    4. Empath is back with the original Hellions

Wildchild doesn't seem have any important role in the whole series.... I think
    I don't think Madelyne is feeling it at all. I mean they basically used her as a consolation prize for Alex and she knows it.

Can I have some sort of deluxe hc or complete tpb? I am throwing money at my monitor and nothing happens(

I would kill to get continuation of this book. This is just peak writing, this is Suicide Squad done right (unlike a lot of Suicide Squad books I've read). I care about characters, jokes are landing, missions are interesting. Everything in here works. I won't say it's 10/10 but it's sure damn close. Good finale and more satisfying than a lot of others final issues I've read in my life.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Good wrap up/Sad to see it go.

If Marvel has even a lick of common sense?

They hand this writer very big things.
    He is the head writer of the team for Spider-Man Beyond, if that counts for anything.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Tears aside, I'm excited to see Alex in his Goblin Prince outfit again.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He is the head writer of the team for Spider-Man Beyond, if that counts for anything.
    While it does?

There have been a bunch of times of the course of this run where I have tried to figure out how Marvel has not either put this writer on it's "Heavy Hitter..." IP or let said writer run with some of the more "Oddball..." IP.

Just seems like a complete diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Tears aside, I'm excited to see Alex in his Goblin Prince outfit again.
    Silver lining.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I would rather Zeb do the writing for one of the X-titles , his writing is better and more consistent than several current writers like Duggan. I won't mention the rest as there might be a backlash from the writers' fans.