Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

As much as a world class schmuck as Empath is...I do believe people withe mental and emotional health issues should get help. They need to put a power inhibitor on him and teach him deal with his and other people's emotions in a healthy, non-manipulative manner.

Sad to see this book end as well but it did it in great style. It was a perfect written book. Loved the tone, the character development, the art, the cast. Flawless.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As much as a world class schmuck as Empath is...I do believe people withe mental and emotional health issues should get help. They need to put a power inhibitor on him and teach him deal with his and other people's emotions in a healthy, non-manipulative manner.
    Based on the story the only real way to do that would be to start over with emplate and let him be raised as a child before his mutation kicked in as it was made pretty clear it's his powers that even from an extremely young age shaped his mentality because people always did what he wanted and loved him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Not to mention she's clearly planning to do something, if the next writers remember, she'll start some **** lol.

Also one thing I find interesting is how Empath looks so sad at the end, I think it's because for the first time, he knows what it's like to have people around who aren't being forced to kiss his ass, now using his powers to control anyone to kiss his ass feels fake, that's cool.

Oh well, sucks this comic's ending, but hey, it was fun while it lasted, hopefully its events aren't ignored lol.
    I don't think Maddie is actively planning anything. Based on her outfit it seems MAdelyne would have been resurrected right before her death (circa inferno) when she surrendered to the goblin queen persona but it is still present in the recesses of her mind so they are more going for a dual personality for maddie where real maddie has to fight back the influence of goblin queen taking over.

Kind of like MAgick and Darkchylde.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-09-2021 at 11:56 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think Maddie is actively planning anything. Based on her outfit it seems MAdelyne would have been resurrected right before her death (circa inferno) when she surrendered to the goblin queen persona but it is still present in the recesses of her mind so they are more going for a dual personality for maddie where real maddie has to fight back the influence of goblin queen taking over.

Her next story is her plotting to take over Limbo. When they resurrect people, they dress them.

I think they brought her back with her full memories, including when she was Nate’s creation, and the Red Queen. It’s why she was angry at being brought back as Alex’s consulation prize, instead of being invited to Krakoa as an individual in her own right. Boy, did they handle that poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Her next story is her plotting to take over Limbo. When they resurrect people, they dress them.

I think they brought her back with her full memories, including when she was Nate’s creation, and the Red Queen. It’s why she was angry at being brought back as Alex’s consulation prize, instead of being invited to Krakoa as an individual in her own right. Boy, did they handle that poorly.
    It could be the goblin queen in her trying to get out as it should be a part of her soul now same as magick with darkchylde. i just don't see them bringing her back to keep her cut and dry evil.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Maddie as the Goblin Queen was a Demonic Psychic entity... they may create a brand new fresh clone without all the bad memories, but her spirit probably lingers as a magical ghost able to possess the body...

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Maddie as the Goblin Queen was a Demonic Psychic entity... they may create a brand new fresh clone without all the bad memories, but her spirit probably lingers as a magical ghost able to possess the body...
    That's pretty much the way it read to me. It's she is and isn't the goblin queen but this is the first time maddie, maddie has been at the surface in a long time, the maddies that was actually friends with the xmen and worried about them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well, proper therapy needs to start with him wanting it.

Based on the story the only real way to do that would be to start over with emplate and let him be raised as a child before his mutation kicked in as it was made pretty clear it's his powers that even from an extremely young age shaped his mentality because people always did what he wanted and loved him.
    He looks pretty sad in #16 when the team is dissolved and looks sad again in #18 while mind controlling other people, while his powers have shaped his personality, it doesn't seem hopeless for him to actually start to care about other people besides himself.

Although even if that's remembered, don't think they should go so far he becomes a good guy, can be pretty annoying when characters "develop" in a way they lose more recognizable traits...

I dunno about that, it seemed pretty clear she was just playing along to manipulate Alex, since she looked pissed at being resurrected because it's what Alex wanted instead of what she wanted, and the next page has her looking all evil and ****, don't think there's a split personality or anything like that.

Extraordinary Member

Not really...I am not saying it would be an overnight fix...but put an inhibitor on him and put him thru years of intensive therapy and you might probably get a responsible, functional person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, proper therapy needs to start with him wanting it.
    There is that one little thing.

There is that one little thing.
    Well, I said "proper" therapy, Emma basically forced Cyke into one back in Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, and it worked, so maybe she or someone else with hilariously dubious morality could do something like that with Empath .

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I thought The Five in One did a pretty good job with Wilhelmina Kensington recently, in Marauders.

There should be a Psych-retreat as part of the Healing Gardens where those who wish can seek help and attention.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I thought The Five in One did a pretty good job with Wilhelmina Kensington recently, in Marauders.

There should be a Psych-retreat as part of the Healing Gardens where those who wish can seek help and attention.
    Sign me up!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

I almost wonder if there's like two parts to this Maddy, the old Maddy that is human and doesn't want to hurt anyone and then there's the dark Goblin Queen part that wants to burn everything, if that were the case if only the two could be split and Maddy allowed to live a normal life, away from the whole X-world...

Not much else to add other than whatever everyone else has already said. I can't believe we are losing the only writer of this era that knows how to actually write a team book.

The only things that sorta fell flat was the farce of consequences doled out to Orphan Maker. Quiet Council members have gotten away with so much **** in other titles that it was hard to take any of it seriously when they were having a dialogue about what to do with him. It was muted. That isn't Wells fault though. I blame the other writers.

The other thing was Empath. I just don't feel, and excuse the pun, any empathy for this guy. He is an all out unrepentant scumbag so that last scene with him also fell flat for me.

Is the last scene with Sinister supposed to hint at something? He was looking at images specifically of Storm,Jean,Wolverine,Nightcrawler, and Cyclops. Is that supposed to be followed up on in Immortal Xmen?