Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    From Jean's thread:

This is my theory if anybody is interested (I was wrong about Al Ewing working on the book).

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    Yeah. Though I think it would be fitting if they reveal that Hope channels a fragment of the Phoenix’s power in the resurrection protocols. Since both the mythological Phoenix and the Phoenix Force are about rebirth.
    Allow me to explain:

Al Ewing is working on Immortal X-Men, which will likely focus on Hope and the Five, who had previously worked on Valkyrie: Jane Foster. We all know that the premise of the resurrection protocols is basically cloning a dead mutant and then implanting the clone with saved memories, essentially replacing the deceased mutant. However, #7 of Valkyrie: Jane Foster suggested that the resurrection protocols was more than just cloning. As they were literally weakening incarnation of death itself.

Perhaps Hope is (unknowingly) imbuing the clones with the life force of the deceased original with a fragment of the Phoenix Force that is still within her. As the Phoenix Force is suppose to be life incarnate, the opposite of death incarnate.
    When Hope enhances/combines the Five’s abilities she emanates an orange light. As shown in House of X #5.

Also notice how Magneto says that without Hope, creating life wouldn’t be possible. So I think the resurrection protocols caused the cosmic order to become unbalanced because they involve the cosmic manipulation of life itself to unnaturally create new life. So its opposite (death) has no meaning.

Astonishing Member

People keep catching little details...
    Anyone made a list of them yet? I don't want to notice something, proclaim it as great find only to learn that everyone and their grandmother allready noticed, but also not to notice something and then dismis it as allready found.

For example the centipede under the table keeps reminding me to Sekiro, where giant centipedes were used as method to create fake immortality (as opposed to immortality granted by dragon blood), inspired by how in japan they are a symbol of decay and evil (also praying on dragons)
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-08-2021 at 05:59 PM.

I only just now noticed that the Gateway shows Mars, and something coming towards it. Maybe the QC will be prepping for the Phoenix's arrival and will fight over how to se its power?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I simply cannot with you!
    You must, my friend. Until Marvel finally gives the people what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This looks good.

Mostly interested in it for more Mystique/Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I only just now noticed that the Gateway shows Mars, and something coming towards it. Maybe the QC will be prepping for the Phoenix's arrival and will fight over how to se its power?

You must, my friend. Until Marvel finally gives the people what they want.
    Yeah that streak of light is interesting. I'm hoping that Mars being in the gateway, and a few of the Great Ring Arakki mutants present, means we may see a lot of dealings between both councils.
    Long live Hellion.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah that streak of light is interesting. I'm hoping that Mars being in the gateway, and a few of the Great Ring Arakki mutants present, means we may see a lot of dealings between both councils.
    Long live Hellion.
    Yeah I hope we get to see the great ring and the QC work more closely together, this would be the perfect book for that tbh. Im in need of seeing the interactions between them, especially the Arrakis thoughts on seeing that non omega mutants have authoritative power in Krakoa.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The Phoenix on the chair omg

spoilers:
    looks like the QC is going to start to try and tame the phoenix once again
    end of spoilers
    But Jason Aaron had a tournament and Phoenix is Thor's mother and........

will they retcon that in this series or ignore it like the way Aaron handling of the Eternals was?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Near the blood in the bottom left corner are those Maggot's.. erm... maggots? They don't look quite right but I'm not sure.

The return of Kindred!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

From Jean's thread:

So... I don't claim to be religious but I was raised that way and I did some research and dug into this more than a little bit.

About halfway through writing this it was brought to my attention that Mark Brooks liked one of Mercury's tweets pointing out the potential symbolism of the Marvel Girl mask being on the ground being part of the same cover as the Phoenix Chair, which leads to me thinking that Jean may be the intended Phoenix/Messiah.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

Jean and Cyke's masks are on the floor which i believe exists as a juxtaposition to Magneto's helmet on the table. Possibly that they all represent separation from the council, but separation for different reasons. Cyke and Jean's being held in low regard, while Magneto's held in high esteem

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    This looks good.

Mostly interested in it for more Mystique/Destiny.
    Yes. Destique is EVERYTHING!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Finally! I've always thought we needed more of a QC focus (should've been a story arc in 2019 but can't really complain). Hickman's worldbuilding and the idea of founding a nation has been this line's strongest suit.

Very very very excited.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Well this is going to be good, hopefully Gillen BEFORE AvX good, and not the mess they saddled him with. Should be interesting to see his vision for the X-men get to flourish this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    So... I don't claim to be religious but I was raised that way and I did some research and dug into this more than a little bit.

About halfway through writing this it was brought to my attention that Mark Brooks liked one of Mercury's tweets pointing out the potential symbolism of the Marvel Girl mask being on the ground being part of the same cover as the Phoenix Chair, which leads to me thinking that Jean may be the intended Phoenix/Messiah.
    I think Hope will be Phoenix/Messiah like before. Because the Destiny of X teaser shows Hope with orange energy around her fist like when she was channeling the Phoenix Force in AvX and her “Choose Your Destiny” suggests that she could potentially take over as leader of mutantkind. Not to mention this is written by the same writer who wrote Generation Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    So... I don't claim to be religious but I was raised that way and I did some research and dug into this more than a little bit
    Thanks for posting, this was very interesting. Great dig.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!