Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Immortal X-Men (Gillen, Werneck) Official Announcement

Secrets From Mutant History Are Unleashed and Vicious Betrayals Threaten Krakoa's Future in 'Immortal X-Men'

New X-Men series from writer Kieron Gillen and artist Lucas Werneck arrives in March!

Earlier this week, Marvel Comics announced the next era of X-Men storytelling: DESTINY OF X. This Second Age of Krakoa will see new titles emerge and existing ones undergo exciting status quo changes as the endless possibilities that await mutantkind are explored! And today, fans can learn more about one of March 2022’s launches—Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck’s IMMORTAL X-MEN!

IMMORTAL X-MEN will focus on the current leaders of mutantkind known as The Quiet Council in an X-Men series ripe with backstabbing, shady alliances, and chilling revelations that will put everything you thought you knew about Krakoa’s future into question! Already proven to be a master of the mutant mythos on books like UNCANNY X-MEN and GENERATION HOPE, Gillen makes his grand return to the franchise with an ambitious series unlike anything that’s come before in X-Men history. And fresh off his work on TRIAL OF MAGNETO, Lucas Werneck is ready to use his acclaimed talents to bring all the high-stakes action, heated clashes, and intense DRAMA to life in this first-of-its-kind X-Men title.

The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better... or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE, they strive to hold together—no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Take a seat in the room where it happens. “It” being “the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet.” Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others…

Here’s what Gillen had to say about the new series...
    “So, the match is lit, and IMMORTAL X-MEN is a book about the burning. To speak in a Hickmanian idiom, this is the NEW AVENGERS to Gerry [Duggan]'s AVENGERS. This is the book about Krakoa, and the Quiet council, with all its muffled screams. It's about a group of people, some of whom are convinced they're in the West Wing, some who have designs to be in House of Cards and at least one who knows they're in Veep. It's big ideas, politics, fights and fashion, lies, creation and destruction, all told across the widest possible canvas, in time and space. It's some characters I've written before, with the volume turned up. It's me falling in love with some characters I've never touched. It's me somehow talking Marvel into paying me for having this much fun.

“Returning to the Inferno nod, Lucas Werneck is basically fire on the page. He's someone who absolutely nails the tone of the book. When we do quiet and real, the characters have so much charisma it feels like stars are on the page. When we do big and impossible, he makes it real, and takes your breath away. Mark Brooks on covers is another treat. His gifts in creating form and charisma are obvious, but he's throwing ideas at the page with a huge velocity. People are going to be poring over his first cover like it's a piece of art at the heart of a conspiracy, as if every line means something. Which is lucky, because it does.”

Professor X. Emma Frost. Destiny. Mystique. Storm. Nightcrawler. Kate Pryde. Colossus. Sebastian Shaw. Exodus. Mister Sinister. Each of them has their own vision for Krakoa and they’re willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it.
    Will mutantkind survive the experience? Find out when IMMORTAL X-MEN #1 hits stands on March 30!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=143517790

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Sign me up! I love Gillen, and I loved his earlier X-Men. On the Quiet Council with this cast? His Hickman New Avengers?? YES!!! My only gripe is that he didn't get to use Namor. This would have been PERFECTION for me had that been the case. Can't wait to see the fun.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Kieron Gillen writing an X-Book with Krakoa's most powerful figures? Yes, please!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

A Quiet Council book by Kieron Gillen¡!!!!!!!!! Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’ve been waiting for this book since the first day the council was announced!

The Phoenix on the chair omg

spoilers:
    looks like the QC is going to start to try and tame the phoenix once again
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’ve been waiting for this book since the first day the council was announced!
    That too with Gillen how awesome is that......

BANNED

Also it confirms that Magneto has left the Quiet Council. Is he joining Duggan's X line?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

1 down...

Okies, X-Office...you've grabbed my attention by the gizzard, with this one. I'm in.
    Erik is conspicuously absent, though.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I still don't understand why Colossus of all people is on the council. He's to weak for the Game of Thrones

Thinking back to Eriks Destiny of X teaser image with him throwing his helmet to the side, wondering if hes leaving Krakoa for the time being.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Mags is strangely absent.

Three things where’s is Erik?
    And are those two Maggots on the left hand side
    And who is the hooded figure on the left as well?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Love Brooks' Last Supper homage.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yes!!!!! Goddamn, I AM SO HYPED FOR THIS!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.