Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Default X Lives of Wolverine #4 review (fast)

Continuing from last issue, the Team X Logan in Colombia is possessed by Omega Red but he gets intercepted by Victor Creed.

The Logan in the Weapon X lab is getting electrocuted by possessed Dr. Cornelius until Logan transforms into a Knull-form. (Seriously, WTF?)

The Logan in World War II is shooting down the possessed Japanese pilots in his stolen Canadian plane.

The book then interchanges between these 3 scenarios.

Eventually, Logan stops the planes and mentions Lady Deathstrike's father being one of the kamikaze pilots, Creed beats Logan and Red ran away from Knull Logan but Cornelius avoids getting killed by getting to a safe room and Logan regaining control.

Back in the present in the mind chamber or w/e, Jean tells Charles that the connection to Logan has dropped. When Charles approaches Logan's body, he's stabbed by Logan who's actually possessed by Mikhail Rasputin.

TBC.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't know why but the Mikhail Rasputin thing has me laughing. So the new jumping on point for X-force will be wondering if the colossus story wrapped up only to find out it was tranported to a book touted as the wrap up of hickman's story and not x-force and wolverine. I mean if they just did that, just know what nevermind.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone have a sense of where this is going? I could make up all sorts of possibilities, but is there an obvious conclusion to this Lives plot?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Does anyone have a sense of where this is going? I could make up all sorts of possibilities, but is there an obvious conclusion to this Lives plot?
    There was the Benjamin button theme where Chuck told Jean if this happen or this happen maybe this wouldn’t happened. Because even the slightest thing they do will have consequences going forward. I think some things in this series will cause some type of situation. Chuck also told Jean to mindwipe and make people forget. I love to see how that goes.

I stopped reading at the Knull crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I liked it minus the Venom bit. It was a tie to Web Of V’Nam or whatever that mini was called but honestly it didn’t add anything to this story or Logan/Venom’s lore. I’m excited to see how this wraps up because it’s been anything but predictable.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I was just COMPLETEY confused.

I put this book down after I saw Symbiote Wolverine. And then told myself, just try to keep going....I did.

I don't like this book.

I hope by the next book we can FINALLY deal with Mikhail Rasputin.

Is Logan's brain a timeshare now?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I liked it minus the Venom bit. It was a tie to Web Of V’Nam or whatever that mini was called but honestly it didn’t add anything to this story or Logan/Venom’s lore. I’m excited to see how this wraps up because it’s been anything but predictable.
    I read Web of Ve'Nam so thought it was kind of cool actually. Probably confusing as hell for new readers, though. Agree that this has not been predictable at all. I've found it to be a fun ride. Will probably buy the hardcover of this plus X Deaths.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    There was the Benjamin button theme where Chuck told Jean if this happen or this happen maybe this wouldn’t happened. Because even the slightest thing they do will have consequences going forward. I think some things in this series will cause some type of situation. Chuck also told Jean to mindwipe and make people forget. I love to see how that goes.
    Except that has never been how time travel works in Marvel. these shenanigans should create alternative universes, not change the 616.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Except that has never been how time travel works in Marvel. these shenanigans should create alternative universes, not change the 616.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/11/01/x-...ite-inferno-2/

Somewhere near the end of that interview, the X-Men group editor confirms those rules have pretty much been ignored. Time travel can now affect the travelers timeline otherwise the story has no meaningful conclusion.

Lives has become such a confusing jumbled mess to follow that it actually comes right back around to being the perfect metaphor for Logan’s life.

Is this worse than X-Men Green yet?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/11/01/x-...ite-inferno-2/

Somewhere near the end of that interview, the X-Men group editor confirms those rules have pretty much been ignored. Time travel can now affect the travelers timeline otherwise the story has no meaningful conclusion.
    Someday the ghost of Mark Gruenwald or the equivalent will write a story to retcon these new time travel rules and make Jordan White mistaken. Maybe Kurt Busiek will make sense of this.
    White and Percy clearly got confused when they deviated from simply doing a Terminator pastiche.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I read Web of Ve'Nam so thought it was kind of cool actually. Probably confusing as hell for new readers, though. Agree that this has not been predictable at all. I've found it to be a fun ride. Will probably buy the hardcover of this plus X Deaths.
    Considering that the symbiotes were retroactively made part of Weapon Plus, according to the Weapon Plus one-shot with Wolverine and Captain America back in 2019, pre-HOXPOX, and Weapon X was an aspect of Weapon Plus that became its own thing, it made some sense (to me, at least) that those two threads would eventually intertwine down the line.
    The spider is always on the hunt.