Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It annoys tf out of me! But wanda can become all powerful!?
    Naaah y'all wanda's power comes from somewhere and that source is not even all powerful himself. So definitely not.

Fantastic Member

I have to say, Gillen as a personality is really not my cup of tea. The cringy banter is at a 10, and his Young Avengers was ughhhhh.

But the guy can definitely write a good X-Men comic. His Colossus was easily the most interesting the character has ever been, his Magik was fantastic and his Cyclops in AvX Consequences was how the character should always be written. All 3 of them were 10/10's.

I'm excited for his takes on Exodus, Mystique and Destiny.

Plus he basically recreated Sinister as a character.

Mighty Member

So this is just Hickman's X-Men secret council team renamed to just Immortal X-Men.

The only member missing is Magneto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    For now. It wouldn't surprise me if it were to come home again.
    Not while Aaron’s Phoenix-heavy Avengers run pulls in consistent numbers, and almost certainly not this side of Echo’s show

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    So this is just Hickman's X-Men secret council team renamed to just Immortal X-Men.

Or it's a book about the Quiet Council that is called Immortal X-Men ;-)

If Gillen adds Danger to the cast I'll check it out. I really don't care for the council, though.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

just noticed this but not only is magneto helmet their but also jeans mask and cyclops visor. does something happen to those 3??
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

A crossover with the Eternals, especially the new management, sounds fun.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    just noticed this but not only is magneto helmet their but also jeans mask and cyclops visor. does something happen to those 3??
    Not only Scott's visor, but if you look above that, at the edge of the table in front of Destiny, there appears to be Scott's ruby glasses. And if you look in Mystique's hands... those look like eyeballs with red pupils. Yuck, and hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Actually it's pretty much Gillen council from Utopia days minus a few characters with a few added in.

On another note i hope gillen also has an issue that explores the arrako council as well since storm sits on both though i'm sure most of that focus will happen in ewing book if it comes to fruition which ii hope it does. As has been alluded before it just makes sense for Xmen red to be about the red plant Arrako.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wtf is an echo
    The current Phoenix host.
    My flag is bacon.

I'm so excited about this book. I love the Council. For me, it is the best thing that came out of Krakoa so far, besides the cute little flower portals.

...But I'm still mad that Jean is not part of the Council anymore. You can't have anything in life. Although I so deserve it. :-/
    Last edited by Exodus; 12-09-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    I dunno. I love the idea of the mutant religion being a “Phoenix Cult” that worships the Phoenix Force as their god.

Mutants have been an allegory for Jews since the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby run. They are discriminated against and faced holocaust-like scenarios. After all of that mutants form an ethno-state on Krakoa as a safe-haven, just like the jews did with Israel after the Holocaust.

When mutantkind was on the verge of extinction, it was the Phoenix Force that gave them a messiah with the power to save them. Just like how Yahweh send the messiah Moses to save the Jews from enslavement in Egypt. Now the mutant messiah is resurrecting mutants with her power like the Jewish messiah Jesus/Yeshua. Mutants are basically the chosen people of the Phoenix Force, which is basically a god.

It all fits thematically.
    The Phoenix is with the Avengers now, and it has been revealed Thor, an actual god, is the Phoenix's son...

I doubt the X-men would create a religion that would have two Avengers as their gods...so forget about the Church of Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Phoenix is with the Avengers now, and it has been revealed Thor, an actual god, is the Phoenix's son...

I doubt the X-men would create a religion that would have two Avengers as their gods...so forget about the Church of Phoenix.
    just reading this, I want to vomit. lol I really think Aaron should be punished for destroying the Phoenix Force so completely...He has destroyed my childhood!

Maybe someone will retcon away all of Aaron's ideas the second he leaves the Avengers book. It's not like we haven't had writers retcon things out of pure spite before. Thor's lineage is already a mess, what's one more retcon atop of a retcon?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.