Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    BANNED

Hope joining the QC does not mean Selene doesn’t join. Remember they made it so characters can rotate in and out of the QC.

I think Selene will replace Magneto. Maybe Hope replaces someone like Kate, who is really busy with the Marauders. Or I could see Storm leaving the QC as it takes away from her duties on Arrako. Emma Frost gave up being White Queen to focus on the council while Jean Grey walked away from the council to lead a new team of XMen.

I think Hope being on the cover is so we don’t directly know the results of Selene’s bid. But the XMen are moving into a new direction. Magik is overextended bring a war captain, teaching Strange’s students and now teaching Krakoans, so she is giving up sorceress supreme of Limbo to the Goblin Queen.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I can barely contain my excitement over having Kieron back on an X-book, I adored his previous run, X-Men/Avengers: Consequences, The Wicked and the Divine, Young Avengers - the guy is amazing and I can't wait to see what he does with this book and this cast. I also hope this is a very long run as I feel Gillen excels at long-form storytelling.

Also very excited for Lucas Werneck's art - I have a feeling Immortal is going to be what HOX has been for Pepe Larraz and catapult him into comics artists stardom.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Also very excited for Lucas Werneck's art - I have a feeling Immortal is going to be what HOX has been for Pepe Larraz and catapult him into comics artists stardom.
    I hope he brings his A-game, Trial of Magneto was ROUGH. He does incredible character studies, but his full sequential pages are uneven. He's not ready to come for Pepe...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I hope he brings his A-game, Trial of Magneto was ROUGH. He does incredible character studies, but his full sequential pages are uneven. He's not ready to come for Pepe...
    I think Werneck is a great illustrator and needs to work on his storytelling and also keep up the pace and the quality under the strain of an ongoing book. Hopefully Immortal will give him that chance, I very much see him as a diamond in the rough, ready to shine.

I also think the coloring hindered his art a bit in Trial of Magneto, the preview pages we have seen of Immortal have been stellar some im optimistic to what else Lukas brings
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That would make sense, since she had a Destiny of X teaser. Her being in a prominent role in this book, along with Storm and Sinister and Destiny who also got teasers, would make sense. The others were obviously Wolverine, who will still have his solo and probably X-Force (and has his own event in XLoW/XDoW) and Magneto, and it hasn’t yet been revealed what the latter will be doing or where he’ll show up. With him sporting his old red costume I’m thinking it could be in X-men Red (which I fully expect Storm to appear in as well, doing double duty between this book and that one) or possibly X-Force. That could be an interesting place for Mags honestly.
    Lol nice to see predictions coming to fruition.

Yeah, not too shabby.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I also think the coloring hindered his art a bit in Trial of Magneto, the preview pages we have seen of Immortal have been stellar some im optimistic to what else Lukas brings
    I find his best rendering is in normal ,even peaceful or thoughtful moments, the moment he gets to draw angry characters (going by ToM) the art is off. I hope he works on that