Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

The hooded figure is Lactuca the Knower of Arrako, member of the Great Ring of Areako
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The Phoenix on the chair omg

spoilers:
    looks like the QC is going to start to try and tame the phoenix once again
    end of spoilers
    I noticed that Magneto's helmet is placed before that chair. Jean's mask and Scott's helmet are on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Three things where’s is Erik?
    And are those two Maggots on the left hand side
    And who is the hooded figure on the left as well?
    Possibly an Arakki? I'm more interested in Sinister's companion.
    My flag is bacon.

Phoenix echo flying to Arrakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Is that eternity or one of those cosmic beings upper left? Might hit the end of the road with resurrection…
    That's Lactuca from Arakko, an omega level mutant whose power is know where everything is. Sobunar and Xilo are also from Arakko. All three sit on Arakko's great ring.

Incredible Member

maybe magnetos absence will be explained by trial of magnetos ending

Also Exodus should walk around with a halo all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

Secrets From Mutant History Are Unleashed and Vicious Betrayals Threaten Krakoa's Future in 'Immortal X-Men'

New X-Men series from writer Kieron Gillen and artist Lucas Werneck arrives in March!

Earlier this week, Marvel Comics announced the next era of X-Men storytelling: DESTINY OF X. This Second Age of Krakoa will see new titles emerge and existing ones undergo exciting status quo changes as the endless possibilities that await mutantkind are explored! And today, fans can learn more about one of March 2022’s launches—Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck’s IMMORTAL X-MEN!

IMMORTAL X-MEN will focus on the current leaders of mutantkind known as The Quiet Council in an X-Men series ripe with backstabbing, shady alliances, and chilling revelations that will put everything you thought you knew about Krakoa’s future into question! Already proven to be a master of the mutant mythos on books like UNCANNY X-MEN and GENERATION HOPE, Gillen makes his grand return to the franchise with an ambitious series unlike anything that’s come before in X-Men history. And fresh off his work on TRIAL OF MAGNETO, Lucas Werneck is ready to use his acclaimed talents to bring all the high-stakes action, heated clashes, and intense DRAMA to life in this first-of-its-kind X-Men title.

The Quiet Council rules the Krakoan age, for better... or worse. Now, shaken by INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE, they strive to hold together—no matter how much they want to tear each other apart. Take a seat in the room where it happens. “It” being “the most powerful people on Earth deciding the fate of the whole planet.” Prepare for sinister secrets to be revealed and learn that some secrets are more sinister than others…

Here’s what Gillen had to say about the new series...
    “So, the match is lit, and IMMORTAL X-MEN is a book about the burning. To speak in a Hickmanian idiom, this is the NEW AVENGERS to Gerry [Duggan]'s AVENGERS. This is the book about Krakoa, and the Quiet council, with all its muffled screams. It's about a group of people, some of whom are convinced they're in the West Wing, some who have designs to be in House of Cards and at least one who knows they're in Veep. It's big ideas, politics, fights and fashion, lies, creation and destruction, all told across the widest possible canvas, in time and space. It's some characters I've written before, with the volume turned up. It's me falling in love with some characters I've never touched. It's me somehow talking Marvel into paying me for having this much fun.

“Returning to the Inferno nod, Lucas Werneck is basically fire on the page. He's someone who absolutely nails the tone of the book. When we do quiet and real, the characters have so much charisma it feels like stars are on the page. When we do big and impossible, he makes it real, and takes your breath away. Mark Brooks on covers is another treat. His gifts in creating form and charisma are obvious, but he's throwing ideas at the page with a huge velocity. People are going to be poring over his first cover like it's a piece of art at the heart of a conspiracy, as if every line means something. Which is lucky, because it does.”

Professor X. Emma Frost. Destiny. Mystique. Storm. Nightcrawler. Kate Pryde. Colossus. Sebastian Shaw. Exodus. Mister Sinister. Each of them has their own vision for Krakoa and they’re willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it.
    Will mutantkind survive the experience? Find out when IMMORTAL X-MEN #1 hits stands on March 30!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=143517790
    Well im definitely in for at least this one. That is pretty much Gillen Extermination team and his original council for the most part.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still don't understand why Colossus of all people is on the council. He's to weak for the Game of Thrones
    From a story perspective, that's easy... Xavier (and Magneto) want a guaranteed (well, assumed guaranteed) "yes" vote on the Council to counteract Destiny, filling Jean's spot. It's pretty much stated outright in Inferno #1.
    It will be interesting to watch if he ends up being as much of a puppet as Xavier is expecting.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The Phoenix on the chair omg

spoilers:
    looks like the QC is going to start to try and tame the phoenix once again
    end of spoilers
    Surprised no one has mentioned the Hope Summers teaser. She could be representing the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    It will be interesting to watch if he ends up being as much of a puppet as Xavier is expecting.
    Especially considering that Piotr hasn't really been himself of late.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I'm down for picking it up.

Finally Gillen is back!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm down for picking it up.
    I'm up for putting down some cash for it too.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    From a story perspective, that's easy... Xavier (and Magneto) want a guaranteed (well, assumed guaranteed) "yes" vote on the Council to counteract Destiny, filling Jean's spot. It's pretty much stated outright in Inferno #1.
    He is a secret sleeper agent, this will be interesting for sure

The Quiet Council scenes were my favorite part of this relaunch. I always said that I wanted to see more of it so I am thrilled this book is being made to give that more focus.