Default Marvel Voices: Comunidades Review/Spoilers

Might as well mention this, since I'm reading this book anyway.

Shark-Girl gets a story, one page long. She goes to the beach in shark form, looking to get some Brazilian food because she can't cook. This freaks people out, but luckily they make her a good meal. She's glad to have visited home.

The next story is about Risque, who is on a mission to help terraform a moon. But it turns out that it's not uninhabited, and the fish people catch Risque. But then she escapes easily and tells Brand that they can't claim this moon since it's inhabited, and they can't just colonize these people. Brand says that they'll search other planets and not be colonizers, Krakoa will find a better way forward. Which is pretty rich considering... everything.

Sunspot visits home - somewhere where he can be Roberto da Costa instead of Sunspot all the time, because he needs balance. He recounts his backstory, including how Reavers killed his gf. When he visits her home, the same Reavers who killed her all those years ago are coincidentally invading it. Her brother or whatever turns out to be a mutant. Sunspot beats the **** out of the Reavers and gives the kid a gateway flower.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

Really enjoyed these stories. The Sunspot one was very good.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Really enjoyed these stories. The Sunspot one was very good.
    Same. I liked his character after reading him in Al Ewing's New/U.S. Avengers, but having this story come back full circle to his past, his origin story, as it were . . . that was something else.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I thought the Sunspot story was the best, but it was pretty contrived how he visited Brazil and Julianna's house at the same time the very same people from his past just so happened to be there. It would have been better if Sunspot came to Brazil to meet the mutant kid and try to get/offer some closure. A single line of explanation could have tied everything up together, instead of the story just being a string of random events lining up perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

It seemed like the bullet didn’t penetrate his skin reflecting off aura?

The Shark Girl one was too cute, I loved it <3 I also hope they include Sofía if they are going to do this again next year, there are so few south americans

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I thought the Sunspot story was the best, but it was pretty contrived how he visited Brazil and Julianna's house at the same time the very same people from his past just so happened to be there. It would have been better if Sunspot came to Brazil to meet the mutant kid and try to get/offer some closure. A single line of explanation could have tied everything up together, instead of the story just being a string of random events lining up perfectly.
    Sometimes, that's how things happen to work out, I figure.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    It seemed like the bullet didn’t penetrate his skin reflecting off aura?
    It still hurt, but it didn't penetrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    The Shark Girl one was too cute, I loved it <3 I also hope they include Sofía if they are going to do this again next year, there are so few south americans
    As in Wind Dancer? Yeah, she'd have been cool to see here, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As in Wind Dancer? Yeah, she'd have been cool to see here, too.
    Yep, Wind Dancer