Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The strongest character she ever flash froze was herself. But I mean just from your post it doesn't sound like Luffy has any feats for resisting something that can instantly freeze an entire lake. The only instance of dealing with it you brought up was one where he got frozen. Her ice is also permanent, and she can even make independently functioning constructs out of it (she needs to focus to make them act very intelligently, but they can still follow basic commands), not that that's useful here since it takes her some time.

The difference between breaking those other things and being crushed under an ice meteor would be a matter of leverage. If she does it in a timestop, he's getting crushed without being able to do anything about it, so if he can provably survive getting hit with that much weight, then he needs to be able to lift the entire thing while crushed underneath.

Edit: Looking at the size of her meteor again, we may actually be talking closer to hundreds of thousands of tons. That's basically a small mountain.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-10-2021 at 03:49 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Flash-freezing Luffy would be her best option since that kind of attack has worked in the past and he has yet to shown any real resistance to it. Even a "weaker" character like Monet used cold pretty effectively against Luffy, it was putting him to sleep.

I imagine that he could just fly around the meteor, or punch his way through it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    To give some scale for her ice meteors, the monster being crushed here is big enough that a human is smaller than its eye.

Hmm... was doing some calculations on it this big ice ball for fun. Found the clip here for greater insight:

the human guy in the forehead is actually a bit taller than the big monsters eye, looks to be about as tall as the entire orbit. Assuming he's about six feet tall and, kind of assuming that monster has essentially human proportions If you were to scale it to human proportions and assume the monster is proportionately 6 feet tall. This would the monster about 65 metres tall.

Assuming the second monster who is featured in the above screenshot is the same height, which is a reasonable assumption, the ice ball looks to be about twice as tall him. (I will note at this point that Esdeath, who is in the top left of the screenshot, really makes the perspective a bit weird and kind of suggests that he's smaller than the first one)

Huh...

Actually, wait a minute. In the clip, Esdeath shoots a spike from the top of the ice tower they are on, we see a wideshot and the tower is is about twice as tall as the first guy. The second guy looks to be quite a bit shorter than that based on the shot we see when he grabs it. Like maybe a 2/3rds the height of the first guy.

Okay, so based on that, big guy two would be around 43 metres tall. Ice ball looks to be about twice his size so we'll assume a radius of 43 metres which would give a volume of 333,038 m3 on a perfect sphere. The sphere is not actually perfect so it would have less volume in actuality.

Density of ice is 917 kg/m3 so that would be 336,641 tons of ice.

I will also add that the follow up shot of Esdeath standing on the ball suggests it might be smaller than that. So it's heavy but it's not that massive.

the issue remains the timestop, while I have very little doubt that Luffy could destroy a rock of that scale, if he can't move to defend himself then he's going to be hit with it. Now, will it keep him down? If Shadows Asgard Moria hitting him and splitting Thriller Bark in half didn't knock him out, this won't do it either.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-10-2021 at 04:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I'll admit I don't actually know how mahapadma is pronounced, but I'm 100% certain it isn't whatever just came out of her mouth there.
    Well, assuming that she is referring to the freezing purgatory/hell of Hinduism, it should be pronounced "Mah-hah-pah-the(though cut it short a bit)-mah."

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I will also add that the follow up shot of Esdeath standing on the ball suggests it might be smaller than that. So it's heavy but it's not that massive.
    I'm kind of inclined to go with basing its measurement off the height of the monster just because there's been more than one of them, so their height is pretty well established, and it does absolutely crush the guy. The shot with her standing on top of it is a pretty close shot looking up like directly below Tatsumi IIRC, so the perspective is a bit weirder than having it directly compared to the monster.

But if hundreds of thousands of tons isn't going to be enough to stop or pin Luffy anyway (granted, hundreds of thousands of tons falling on him is an even bigger impact), then that's probably the biggest impact she can do. She is perfectly capable of making huge spikes and stuff with her ice though, so while she's never done something spiked that big, I wouldn't doubt that she COULD put something sharp on it, given how articulated she can make things. She's basically like a Green Lantern for ice by the end of the series.

Well, assuming that she is referring to the freezing purgatory/hell of Hinduism, it should be pronounced "Mah-hah-pah-the(though cut it short a bit)-mah."
    Yes that. Thank you.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands