Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Luffy vs Esdeath

Fight to the death. Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Can't Esdeath freeze time? I never saw Akame ga Kill.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    She does and if she can pull it off in time she should win this. If Luffy can manage to tag her before then he should be able to take her down as he's significantly stronger than pretty much anything in her verse.

But she is a speedy little monster herself and I don't really know how well their speed feats match up against each other.

So edge to Esdeath I guess since she only has to activate her time freeze while Luffy actively cross the distance between them and punch her face in before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    So edge to Esdeath I guess since she only has to activate her time freeze while Luffy actively cross the distance between them and punch her face in before that.
    to be fair, Luffy doesn't actually have to cross the distance either.

my boy got long arms ^_^

I don't know Akame well enough to comment any further.

Yeah, but a quick search shows she can only do it once a day as it draws too much of her energy to do. So I doubt she's going to use it at the start of the fight. And I don't know if she can take a flurry of blows from a class 90+ speedster, as I'm not seeing anything regarding superhuman speed in her Wikia profile.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

The titular heroine of Akame Ga Kill does stuff like dodging automatic gun fire at the start of the series, create after images through speed and at one points dodges an actual lightning strike. When Akame fights Esdeath, Esdeath is usually the one with the advantage. Esdeath also dodged the same lightning bolt while she was fighting Akame. The final battle of the series has a whole army run interference against Esdeath so that Akame can jump in a land a killing blow. Generally I would put her at the upper bullet timer area pretty easily.

Her time stop can be activated with a thought, but doesn't last very long. So any blow she deals Luffy would have to be a pretty major one.

Extraordinary Member

Luffy was able to react to Enel's lightning, which worked closely enough to actual Lightning that Nami was able to deflect it using her knowledge of how Lightning works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Luffy was able to react to Enel's lightning, which worked closely enough to actual Lightning that Nami was able to deflect it using her knowledge of how Lightning works.
    This line of argument is beneath you.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-10-2021 at 01:43 AM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Notably, the timestop doesn't last very "long," so she still needs to be able to kill or incapacitate him fairly quickly in stopped time. As for that, in addition to having basically the best physical stats in the series aside FYIAD Tatsumi (who knocked over a bio-mech that was big enough to probably pick up an Eva one handed), she's able to do things like trivially manifest absolutely enormous ice meteors (like 100+ feet) just out of nowhere, instantly freeze nebulously strong randos, flashfreeze a lake, bisect someone by creating a wall of ice through them, fly, and make basically anything she wants out of ice, including fully articulated replacement limbs and fingers, and an entire ice mecha. She's skilled enough to do things like protect herself by creating ice in the last instant before a blade hits part of her body. She can do the "lightly tap the back of your neck with her hand and make you pass out" trick at least effectively enough to trivially KO mid-series Tatsumi, though I can't imagine that ever working on Luffy. Honestly, best bet is probably just to go for flashfreezing him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'll admit I don't actually know how mahapadma is pronounced, but I'm 100% certain it isn't whatever just came out of her mouth there.

Haven't been following Akame Ga Kill except for the first parts, but any indication that she deals out enough damage to take out Luffy before the timestop runs out? Ice attacks or not, dude is hella durable and has damage soak in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Haven't been following Akame Ga Kill except for the first parts, but any indication that she deals out enough damage to take out Luffy before the timestop runs out? Ice attacks or not, dude is hella durable and has damage soak in spades.
    I gave a bit of her abilities above. Like I said, I think she's better off just trying to flashfreeze him, as she can do that to a lake in about the the same time she needs to stop time anyway. Failing that, is he strong enough to lift (or survive being hit by) thousands of tons of ice? 'Cause she's definitely fast enough to pull out the giant ice meteor in a timestop, and he will presumably suffocate *eventually*.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-10-2021 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I gave a bit of her abilities above. Like I said, I think she's better off just trying to flashfreeze him, as she can do that to a lake in about the the same time she needs to stop time anyway. Failing that, is he strong enough to lift (or survive being hit by) thousands of tons of ice? 'Cause she's definitely fast enough to pull out the giant ice meteor in a timestop, and he will presumably suffocate *eventually*.
    I guess this is hard to explain, but I guess the question is how strong her flash freezing is (given the variable levels of it in fiction). Admittedly Aokiji flash froze Luffy pre-timeskip, but Luffy was already in the class 60-ish range then, that was many, many powerups ago, and Aokiji's ice powers are strong enough that they permanently change the landscape. I suppose my question would be, what is the most durable/max damage soak character that has taken said flash freezing, and what were the long-term consequences of it?

Re. thousands of tons of ice, I don't see how that's any different from Luffy breaking through thousands of tons of bedrock, smashing cities apart, tanking punches that split island-sized ships in half, etc.

To give some scale for her ice meteors, the monster being crushed here is big enough that a human is smaller than its eye.

And here's the lake she froze:

She can also just passively make it cold enough around herself that people have trouble fighting and Akame being able to move normally was something she remarked on as significant.