Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Agreed, this was a treat to read. Other than whatever rule there is that prohibits Bobby from ever being iced-down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Agreed, this was a treat to read. Other than whatever rule there is that prohibits Bobby from ever being iced-down.
    I WAS LITERALLY JUST COMING TO POST THIS, LMAO.

Like they do this all the time, and its just lazy. Yeah Bobby's fairly generic and indistinct in his human form and they want him to stand out or be easily recognizable or whatever but c'mon. He's in a HOT TUB.....in his ICE FORM.

What about that makes ANY sense????

Its not even that like, its impossible or whatever, lol, I mean he's an omega mutant, he can keep the heat from melting his ice form or his ice from cooling the rest of the tub easily if he wants to, its just LMFAO WHY WOULD HE BOTHER? What is even the point of getting in a hot tub with your boyfriend or whatever.....all iced up? Its so dumb and it literally just pulls me out of the story, which is really unfortunate, because its such an unnecessary detail. Its like a few issues ago in Marauders when they were all on the spaceship eating dinner....and Bobby was in his ice form, where he's ice through and through....while eating dinner. WHAT??

I'm just laughing so hard rn but in a 'why are they like this' kinda way about the editors, because srsly, who actually argues FOR having him in his ice form in random scenarios like this where it makes literally no sense? It seriously is such a minor thing to get worked up about and I'm mad at myself for even caring, lololol but its just so supremely dumb, every time they do something like this I just want to go omggggg put FIVE seconds of thought into what Bobby's doing in this scene and the in story logic of it, that's all we're asking, just five whole seconds of thought to think through the fact that its absolutely bizarre from a character standpoint to imagine he would be iced up in the context of a given scene.

And now I will go eat a snickers and calm down and come back later with thoughts on the rest of the issue because I did like it, that was literally one of the only things that bugged and honestly its a longstanding issue that just happened to make an appearance here, rather than like....being indicative of this story or issue to any real degree.

I can't believe they brought in Stitch! So cool! Is Bouncer supposed to be that Morlock?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Honestly very smart of Orlando to get all the team building and mission statement stuff done in this one oversized issue. Now his volume gets to hit the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Honestly very smart of Orlando to get all the team building and mission statement stuff done in this one oversized issue. Now his volume gets to hit the ground running.
    Agreed. It did feel a little rushed, but I think Orlando mostly pulled off "assembling" his team pretty well here.

I liked the issue kinda directly or indirectly addressed a lot of the complaints we've seen crop up about Krakoa. I felt like some the dialogue could've been pulled from a CBR thread lol.