Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Im not going to make such a big fuss out of this and say that this makes the book the book bad, because, honestly we have no in story context about what leads Cassandra to join the marauders.

All i have to say is that we have a mutant who was afflicted by the genoshan attack on the QC and I'm sure we have even more mutants who were killed by the attack as well on Krakoa, so I would hope that the mutants affected aren't just laying down and accepting what’s happening with Cassie. I would hope their feelings are actually expressed in the book too…
    Considering how Gambit's concerns about Apocalypse were treated in Excalibur, I'm not having high hopes, but who knows, maybe they will surprise us.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Well, I don't give a rats ass about "fairness to Wanda" It looks like we may have to be a teeny bit more understanding of Greycrow and the OG Marauders...
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Considering how Gambit's concerns about Apocalypse were treated in Excalibur, I'm not having high hopes, but who knows, maybe they will surprise us.
    Or how Cable was told to be grateful for Apocalypse creating Stryfe

baumblume

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Well, I don't give a rats ass about "fairness to Wanda" It looks like we may have to be a teeny bit more understanding of Greycrow and the OG Marauders...
    you do not have to
    it is canon that Moira and Charles/Eric have been instigating or letting bad MDAY happen to mutants in order to get the idea of krakoa going. It's been canon since house of X issue 6.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Is this Cassie news breaking the X-internetz?

I don't know why but...this has certainly piqued my interest in Marauders even more than it already was.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

I don't know why but...this has certainly piqued my interest in Marauders even more than it already was.
    Imagine Cassie was the Red Skull. That is my point of view. Although that might actually be unfair. To the Skull, since even though he is a genocidal nazi who desires to commit genocide, I don’t think he’s actually succeeded in creating one the size of almost three Holocaust’s, and he at least acknowledges other people do exist.

Astonishing Member

Im not going to make such a big fuss out of this and say that this makes the book the book bad, because, honestly we have no in story context about what leads Cassandra to join the marauders.

All i have to say is that we have a mutant who was afflicted by the genoshan attack on the QC and I'm sure we have even more mutants who were killed by the attack as well on Krakoa, so I would hope that the mutants affected aren't just laying down and accepting what’s happening with Cassie. I would hope their feelings are actually expressed in the book too…
    Considering Sinister sits on the council via having someone else's X-Gene hijacked in his current body (seemingly also preventing his revival) and nobody of the hundreds of Mutant Massacre victim's was ever shown being concerned or outraged about it, i wouldn't bet on many other than Kitty ever being shown angry about it for more than one appearance.

There is also the possibility that it could be played out how none of the victims or survivors know about it being Nova's doing in first place. Instead it could conviniently remain blamed on the "Humans" because the weapon was a Sentinel (in Kyle and Yost's X-force the deaths have added to Boliviar Trask's number victims). Likewise outside the X-Men many might not know it was Nova or who she is in first place.

So it's easy to see them quickly shoving it under the rug after Kitty get's "over it".

For me it decreased it. If they have to go with something like this to create interest i'm getting doubtfull about the title having enough energy from it's premise and established characters alone to gain enough tracktion.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-17-2021 at 12:58 PM.

baumblume

Hickman Spoliers it for us.

Agreed. I really enjoyed X-Men Red and was curious if anyone would ever pick up the thread of Jean repairing the empathetic sector of Nova's brain. I'm interested in seeing if she goes to the extreme with her newfound ability to care. I think she will.

Some posters on here seem genuinely annoyed with her addition to the team, while others are just happy to have found another reason to hate-wank on the Krakoan era.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Kitty's dad spinning in his grave.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Wonder what ancestors we’re talking about here tbh and how would cassie help them find out this info too
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

The worst thing about Cassie Nova is you can't even say she looked good doing it......

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The worst thing about Cassie Nova is you can't even say she looked good doing it......
    Shes been looking busted and raggedy since her first appearance its such a shame tbh.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering Sinister sits on the council via having someone else's X-Gene hijacked in his current body (seemingly also preventing his revival) and nobody of the hundreds of Mutant Massacre victim's was ever shown being concerned or outraged about it, i wouldn't bet on many other than Kitty ever being shown angry about it for more than one appearance.

There is also the possibility that it could be played out how none of the victims or survivors know about it being Nova's doing in first place. Instead it could conviniently remain blamed on the "Humans" because the weapon was a Sentinel (in Kyle and Yost's X-force the deaths have added to Boliviar Trask's number victims). Likewise outside the X-Men many might not know it was Nova or who she is in first place.

So it's easy to see them quickly shoving it under the rug after Kitty get's "over it".
    I could understand it if this were (as Hickman probably intended) a story about how Xavier and Magneto go too far beyond any moral limit before the universe is rebooted and everything goes back to normality, but I am afraid this will be portrayed as being all good and right...

Wonder what ancestors we’re talking about here tbh and how would cassie help them find out this info too
    Very interesting and I'm completely thrown off by the ancestor thing.
    So perhaps she's not fully joining the team, just helping on this mission.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!