Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

If we talking continuity then Doom did it & Wanda's absolved completely under superhero law 101 "all crimes committed under possession are not yours" Here's the receipts.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I love Cassandra Nova as a character but this is such a bad idea.

Astonishing Member

I think there’s a good chance that Orlando could handle it well, but this is the era that is trying to push everything that characters like Apocalypse, Mastermind, and Selene did under the rug. There’s a non-zero chance this ends up like X-corp in that regard. Sabretooth wasn’t wrong about what he was yelling when he got shoved into the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I think there’s a good chance that Orlando could handle it well, but this is the era that is trying to push everything that characters like Apocalypse, Mastermind, and Selene did under the rug. There’s a non-zero chance this ends up like X-corp in that regard. Sabretooth wasn’t wrong about what he was yelling when he got shoved into the pit.
    No one is sweeping anything under the rug they just understand that the bigger threat is humans and they have a better chance together than a part. Like who are these mythical people who are saying that any of the mutants you named are good people? It's in your own head

Astonishing Member

Has Rictor stopped his Apocalypse fanboying yet? Did X-corps not portray Selene as traumatizing someone as a girl boss moment?

Honestly putting forward that these people all buried their grudges with each other considering just the crap they did to each other might be the most unbelievable part of Krakoa.
    Last edited by Saithor; 12-18-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Has Rictor stopped his Apocalypse fanboying yet? Did X-corps not portray Selene as traumatizing someone as a girl boss moment?
    character liking villain =/= villain a good person

It's Selene would you prefer her to ask the person nicely to give up their assets

Astonishing Member

You do know there is a difference between how characters perceive another character and how a writer portrays a character, right?

Lol! Wow... If this thread establishes anything it's that Cassandra was an hell of a villain.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    She can rewrite her DNA at will, as we see happen later this issue and when she 'attacks' the school.
    It was actually said in canon that she had added Trask DNA (much like Sinister and mutant dna) to he genome already. Thats why the sentinels didnt attack.

You do know there is a difference between how characters perceive another character and how a writer portrays a character, right?
    In how you perceive them.

Most people understand that these characters are villains but understand that in Krakoa mutants are working together for their benefit in a way they really haven't before. There are plenty of nations that have worked with bad people and even accepted them into their boarders for their nations benefit.

Yet for someone reason when mutants do it theirs a problem.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    In how you perceive them.

Most people understand that these characters are villains but understand that in Krakoa mutants are working together for their benefit in a way they really haven't before. There are plenty of nations that have worked with bad people and even accepted them into their boarders for their nations benefit.

Yet for someone reason when mutants do it theirs a problem.
    You’re assuming I approve of this when it happens in real life. I in fact do not, and it’s also a terrible comparision because I’m pretty sure no modern country has the person who cause the Bronze Age Collapse in their government.

Incredible Member

Honestly putting forward that these people all buried their grudges with each other considering just the crap they did to each other might be the most unbelievable part of Krakoa.
    to be fair that's mostly on tini howards writing. just compare how she wrote mastermind in x corp vs how zeb wells wrote him in hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Lol! Wow... If this thread establishes anything it's that Cassandra was an hell of a villain.
    Right? Nova is out here ruffling feathers.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Stealing someone else’s heritage to benefit oneself is also increasingly being frowned upon in the “real world” too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    1) Like others have said, we have seen plenty of other universes with absolutely no signs of M-Day being a thing in them, so I'm not sure that can even still be considered canon.

2) If we're talking "body count" as the people who got killed rather than just depowered, M-Day would still be below Genosha even as part of the multiverse, as only a dozen people or so from 616 for example died due to very specific circumstances.

3) Hickman's data page in HOX lists Cassandra's genocide as the top 1 crime against mutants above Wanda's NMM coming second.

I could say the same about Wanda haters who are constantly deciding to ignore what was established in Children's Crusade.
    Some mutants died when they're X-Gene was suddenly removed. Now times that number by infinity and tell me who has the higher body count.

And yes Wanda depowering mutants across reality is still very much Canon unless explicitly stated not to be.