Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I’m excited for this! I love Tempo, Kwannon, Daken and Bishop so this feels very promising for me.

Hope they announce all the other casts and teams for the books in the upcoming days. This and Immortal got me really excited for the relaunches!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    New writer thank goodness. I'll be on board for the first ish but if it's just more of the same that we got from Duggan, then I'll make a hard pass. Tired of a team book that mostly features two characters. Give everyone something to do besides fill background space.
    I love that you could describe Excalibur the same way. Man, I'm hoping Tini isn't writing knights of x.

I really wish they kept the same numbering. Anyways, I will keep up with this title. The team looks interesting and I loved SO's Midnighter.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

You’re all wrong. The secret 2 million year old final member is Wolverine. He’s the only one old enough to play the part.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    Captain Kate Pryde Assembles a New Crew as Steve Orlando’s 'Marauders' Sails Into Destiny of X
    New team, new villains, and new mysteries as writer Steve Orlando and artist Eleonora Carlini take over 'Marauders' in March!

DESTINY OF X, The Second Age of Krakoa, is on the horizon! Emerging from the aftermath of INFERNO and X LIVES OF WOLVERINE/X DEATHS OF WOLVERINE comes exciting new X-Men titles such as a Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck’s IMMORTAL X-MEN and exciting creative team changes for continuing hit titles such as MARAUDERS!

Launching with a brand-new #1, writer Steve Orlando will take over the mutant seafaring series MARAUDERS alongside rising star artist Eleonora Carlini this March. Together they’ll chart a new course for this thrilling title that has left a unique mark on the mutant mythos with its high seas action and cutthroat storytelling! Before March’s MARAUDERS #1, fans can come aboard for the first adventure of Orlando’s run in next month’s MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 where he’ll be joined by artist Crees Lee.

Captain Pryde and the Marauders are rededicating themselves to rescuing mutants, wherever they may be, and no matter how dangerous the odds against them are. Joining Kate and Bishop will be Psylocke, Daken, Aurora, Tempo, and Somnus, the new mutant hero who debuted earlier this year in MARVEL’S VOICES: PRIDE #1! But Captain Pryde’s crew is not yet complete! Against her better judgment, Pryde comes face-to-face with the final Marauder, someone no fan will see coming but may be the Marauders’ only chance to unravel a mystery stretching two billion years into the past!

“Taking the helm of MARAUDERS is easily the most exciting moment of my career, especially when it's my first-ever ongoing not just on Krakoa, but at Marvel in general,” Orlando said. “Exploding out of the team's already-amazing adventures as part of Hellfire Trading, Captain Pryde's new crew of Marauders will stop at nothing to bring endangered mutants to safety—to always go where they're needed, not where they're wanted. To mutant rescue, wherever it calls them!”

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the shocking reveal of the final Marauder! Set sail for the next chapter of Marauders when MARAUDERS #1 hits stands on March 30, and be there for the very beginning when MARAUDERS ANNUAL #1 hits stands on January 12!

MARAUDERS #1
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO
    Art by ELEONORA CARLINI
    Cover by KAEL NGU
    On Sale 3/30
    Am I the only one tired on seeing Bishop CONSTANTLY holding guns

Uuurrgghh!!!

It would be nice to just see him use his normally powers like other Xmen instead of making him look like a glorified ghetto thug gang member reject stereotype.

Mighty Member

Anyways, let's all hope and pray Bishop gets to do a lot more than being a glorified butler or talking head

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post

Uuurrgghh!!!

It would be nice to just see him use his normally powers like other Xmen instead of making him look like a glorified ghetto thug gang member reject stereotype.
    "Ghetto thug gang member"... what? Because he's a black guy with a gun? I don't hear you saying this about Cable. Big yikes

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    "Ghetto thug gang member"... what? Because he's a black guy with a gun? I don't hear you saying this about Cable. Big yikes
    it's crazy some of the stuff people come up with. did kid cable look like a stereotypical school shooter because he was a white teen with a gun?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I really wish they kept the same numbering. Anyways, I will keep up with this title. The team looks interesting and I loved SO's Midnighter.
    Especially cause they‘re gonna have New Mutants lookin crazy now as the only book with 25+ issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    it's crazy some of the stuff people come up with. did kid cable look like a stereotypical school shooter because he was a white teen with a gun?
    To me personally, yes he did. It is time, espically with the problem guns are in America with shootings daily almost, to move past the gun stage. Although I will say calling Bishop a thug is racist in this context. But yeah, I am over ALL guns in the comic world. It was great ten or twenty years but now a days we dont need them in comics.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Guns in comic books is not the problem.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    To me personally, yes he did. It is time, espically with the problem guns are in America with shootings daily almost, to move past the gun stage. Although I will say calling Bishop a thug is racist in this context. But yeah, I am over ALL guns in the comic world. It was great ten or twenty years but now a days we dont need them in comics.
    Eh while the glorification of violence in Western media it's certainly a topic of conversation comic books are pretty much a drop in the bucket compared to things like movies/TV shows/music/video games. And outside of Cable and Bishop the XMen aren't really known for their gun weilding and even then Cable and Bishop are usually relegated to using energy weapons.

If anything Frank Castle is a better example of a character that needs to stop his gun totting shtick especially considering white supremacist have co-opted his symbol as their own.

Fantastic Member

Agree. When was even the last time Bishop actually used his powers in any memorable way? It is weird how some of the characters overly rely on weapons rather than utilize their own powers. It is understandable for someone like Gambit, who use cards and weapons as a medium for his power, or Domino and Longshot, as they are at least have an excuse of using their luck power to affect the aiming and lethality of the weapons. But characters like Cable, Bishop, Shatterstar, Psylocke, etc.? They have cool powers, but barely use them, instead always relying on guns or swords. I can't even remember Shatterstar's actual powerset.

Anyway, back to the book announcement. I hope new writer would spend more time on other characters and less on Kate, and also wouldn't turn the book into Somnus's secret solo. Let all the characters have their role in the book. And introduce interesting enemies, instead of a bunch of underage crazy kids. It would be good if team's new enemies would be someone other that a yet another anti-mutant group.

Anyone have the 411 on Tempo flying/floating/aloft? CAN Tempo fly or is this a quirky and kind of ridiculous time manipulation thing where she leaps into the air and slows the time of her descent?

I've always found it a little funny how characters will have a very specific skill set thanks to their powers, and sometimes get the bonus of FLIGHT.

Uuurrgghh!!!

You do know that Bishop's powers need him to be hit by something first