Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default How would you feel with X-MEN 97, if we get Spider-man 98 Cartoon

X-MEN 97 being a continuation from where the last episodes left off, if enough feedback, Disney decide to revived Spider-man 97, a continuation of the 90s cartoon, with Christopher Daniel Barnes coming back and most of the living voice actors. They can continue with Peter search for MJ across dimensions and finally do that planned episode in 19th century England with Jack Ripper Carnage. that would be awesome, I know someone did a fan comic of that. With less censorship rules, Spidey can actually punch someone unlike the show, although they might have to stick to Morbius(last we seen, he's traveling with Felicia and Blade) palm suckers since that already been established.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    X-MEN 97 being a continuation from where the last episodes left off, if enough feedback, Disney decide to revived Spider-man 97, a continuation of the 90s cartoon, with Christopher Daniel Barnes coming back and most of the living voice actors. They can continue with Peter search for MJ across dimensions and finally do that planned episode in 19th century England with Jack Ripper Carnage. that would be awesome, I know someone did a fan comic of that. With less censorship rules, Spidey can actually punch someone unlike the show, although they might have to stick to Morbius(last we seen, he's traveling with Felicia and Blade) palm suckers since that already been established.
    Been wanting this since… forever, lol.

I wouldn't mind it can actually have the real conclusion. Wonder how they will explain to MJ that Peter married a water clone of her. Like what happened if MJ due to being sucked moved on for example?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'd prefer that to an MCU Spider-Man cartoon.

I'd be really cool with that. It's my favorite of all the Spider-man cartoons.

Extraordinary Member

I'll be honest, while I do think the animation, plots, and characterization were all pretty on point, the character designs and especially a lot of the dialogue left a lot to be desired. I'd rather they just bring back Spectacular, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'd prefer a Spectacular revival, but I would be fine with this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'll be honest, while I do think the animation, plots, and characterization were all pretty on point, the character designs and especially a lot of the dialogue left a lot to be desired. I'd rather they just bring back Spectacular, personally.
    With that higer Disney budget and more Punching with more mature themes like Uncle Ben death(not allowed to say Die, Kill, Death back then) would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'd prefer a Spectacular revival, but I would be fine with this.
    Same.

One thing they'd definitely have to improve is the pacing, the way the episodes are so fast paced was silly, it's like a half assed speedrun lol.

Astonishing Member

I would definitely be happy overloaded if they continue Spider-Man's animated series from the 90s. I really want to see Peter finding Mary Jane and returning home. Sadly, some voices should be replaced, as Joan Lee can't doubt Madame Web anymore.

However, I have to say the whole thing around MJ being in the 19th century England and Carnage being Jack the Ripper is a lame idea nowadays. Several of the original ideas should be adapted to nowadays, if you ask me. For example:

+ Instead of th 19th Century London, Spider-Man and Madame Web could have a chase of Mary Jane through different dimensions; where the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) will become the enemy. I'm thinking like something similar to the first Spider-Verse's arc in "Ultimate Spider-Man", with Spidey going after the Green Goblin.

+ Hopping through dimensions, we could see the worlds of other Spider-Characters: Miles Morales, Miguel O'Hara (2099), Spider-Noir... Even Spider-Ham is you want it. (I would personally bet of Spidey's future daughter, May "Mayday" Parker). There's also the chance that MAYBE Spider-Man could visit dimensions based on other Spider-Man's series that came after his own, so they could solve some cliffhangers from them.
    - "Spider-Man Unlimited", with Spider-Man helping his counterpart to return to Earth.
    - "The Spectacular Spider-Man", with Peter dealing with Norman Osborn.
    - "Ultimate Spider-Man", as I would like to see more of Mary Jane as Spider-Woman.
    - "Marvel's Spider-Man", to see how Peter and MJ's relationship developed after the end of the series.

+ After returning home, we should have Beyonder of Madame Web granting Peter and Mary Jane's happiness somehow; as we can't forget Peter married MJ's clone. There must be a way to make it official.

+ In the last scene from the "main reality", we saw clues of Miles Warren preparing to clone Spider-Man. Considering his experiments with Hydro-Man, maybe he could create Spidercide, as he has similar abilities to Hydro-Man. We could have Miles' debut as the Jackal too.

+ We could have an episode where Spider-Man frees Captain America once more and helps to found the Avengers on his reality.

What do you think?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I would definitely be happy overloaded if they continue Spider-Man's animated series from the 90s. I really want to see Peter finding Mary Jane and returning home. Sadly, some voices should be replaced, as Joan Lee can't doubt Madame Web anymore.

However, I have to say the whole thing around MJ being in the 19th century England and Carnage being Jack the Ripper is a lame idea nowadays. Several of the original ideas should be adapted to nowadays, if you ask me. For example:

+ Instead of th 19th Century London, Spider-Man and Madame Web could have a chase of Mary Jane through different dimensions; where the Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) will become the enemy. I'm thinking like something similar to the first Spider-Verse's arc in "Ultimate Spider-Man", with Spidey going after the Green Goblin.

+ Hopping through dimensions, we could see the worlds of other Spider-Characters: Miles Morales, Miguel O'Hara (2099), Spider-Noir... Even Spider-Ham is you want it. (I would personally bet of Spidey's future daughter, May "Mayday" Parker). There's also the chance that MAYBE Spider-Man could visit dimensions based on other Spider-Man's series that came after his own, so they could solve some cliffhangers from them.
    - "Spider-Man Unlimited", with Spider-Man helping his counterpart to return to Earth.
    - "Ultimate Spider-Man", as I would like to see more of Mary Jane as Spider-Woman.
    - "Marvel's Spider-Man", to see how Peter and MJ's relationship developed after the end of the series.

+ After returning home, we should have Beyonder of Madame Web granting Peter and Mary Jane's happiness somehow; as we can't forget Peter married MJ's clone. There must be a way to make it official.

+ In the last scene from the "main reality", we saw clues of Miles Warren preparing to clone Spider-Man. Considering his experiments with Hydro-Man, maybe he could create Spidercide, as he has similar abilities to Hydro-Man. We could have Miles' debut as the Jackal too.

+ We could have an episode where Spider-Man frees Captain America once more and helps to found the Avengers on his reality.

What do you think?
    That sounded pretty good, would it be awesome if they hire John Semper for this.

Astonishing Member

I would prefer a continuation of The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I would be okay with this. At the very least we won't have to worry about censorship and a lack of budget anymore.

The problem is that, the series ended with what's basically the original Spider-Verse, and while a possible next season happened to long afterwards, continuing the story with another would look lazy, specially considering we're Spidey Home 3 and Spider-Verse 2 will be dealing with multiverse, it'd be repeathing this **** too much.

This would rely on the viewer knowing those series, and for entire plots to be solved in an episode or two, it just wouldn't work without looking awkward, specially Spectacular's.

Any crossover with Spectacular is out of the question 'cause of how messy the rights with it are anyways, it can't even get a comic sequel...

Yeah unless MJ magically gets the clone's memories, this can't be solved easily without looking awkward (And MJ getting the clone's memories would be awkward anyways), a lot of the development Spidey had with MJ was with the clone, MJ can't just replace her because the things Peter went through with "MJ", was with the clone, and MJ herself didn't go through them...

Thinking of it, this is a lot like the "Jean isn't Phoenix" retcon, most of his development with Jean was actually done with the Phoenix clone... Though Jean did get Phoenix Clone's memories so I guess that helped, but, still, awkward lol.

That could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I would prefer a continuation of The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I would be okay with this. At the very least we won't have to worry about censorship and a lack of budget anymore.
    What, you don't wanna see Spidey dodging Otto's tentacles the exact same way, everytime, even when he's depowered (With the half assed excuse that he kept some of his speed)? .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I don't know. Some good things came from the censorship if you ask me.
    - The use of energy weapons instead of real guns was a good thing, as far as I see.
    - Carnage draining life force instead of killing on scene was another good thing.
    - The story of Felicia Hardy/Black Cat was quite interesting compared to comics.
    - The death of the "water clones" was more suitable than how the clone degeneration is seen in the comics.

I don't know. Some good things came from the censorship if you ask me.
    - The use of energy weapons instead of real guns was a good thing, as far as I see.
    - Carnage draining life force instead of killing on scene was another good thing.
    - The story of Felicia Hardy/Black Cat was quite interesting compared to comics.
    - The death of the "water clones" was more suitable than how the clone degeneration is seen in the comics.
    I'll agree with you on most of that, but even as a kid I knew Carnage draining people's lives was just a silly way to get past the censors.

On the flip side of that thought, we got Morbius and that suckers in his hands, which was far more disturbing than if he had gone around biting people.