Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

I'll pick it up if it's set in 616 WW2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    I can see the logic with this, and to a degree I can see why this is a little awkward. Most of it is due to timing and calendar awkwardness. Because of how everything has been compressed, fans have had little time to sit with and explore Sam as Captain America. Very shortly after it happened, the marketing machine kept turning and the focus was very quickly on What if? and a new person taking a Captain mantle, and Captain Carter was very much a central part of the focus. I think we’ve almost gotten the same amount of screen time with both of them as Captains. Now she’s getting her own mini, whereas Sam suiting up as Cap again was very much ensemble-focused.

Putting all of that together, I can see why someone sensitive to the issues. There’s always been a lot of discourse about centering the needs and thoughts of white women over black men, and it’s a very complicated and occasionally dark history. I imagine the discourse might be worse if we see Hayley Atwell suit up as Captain Carter in a film before Sam as Captain America gets any screentime in Cap 4 or elsewhere.
    Yeah, I agree it's bad timing.Although this isn't new, legacy characters foreshadowing other legacy happens because of sheer numbers for legacy characters for one character.Spider-characters like Mattie Franklin, Julia Carpenter and even Ben and Miguel were overshadowed by the push for the next batch of Miles, Cindy, Gwen and Anya, etc.

Also Hayley herself isn't a good person from a lot of what's coming up now.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I don't see how that could work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wait, Jamie McKelvie is the WRITER? That's.... different. Is that the first time he's writing a comic or was I just super out of the loop and didn't know he wrote too?
    He wrote and drew a creator owned book, Suburban Glamour, a decade plus ago. Wouldn't be surprised if he's done random writing work here and there.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume Steve will get something when this mini with Iron Man ends. Hopefully.
    I hope you'll be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also Hayley herself isn't a good person from a lot of what's coming up now.
    Did I miss something? Why isn't she a good person?
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Is this the design they're going with? I don't think it works as well as the What If design. Like where's the full Union Jack as her chest logo?

I think McKelvie went a little too functional.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Solicit says she wakes up from the ice in modern times. Sorry!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

New dr strange 2 poster confirms captain carter is in the movie! No wonder she is getting a comic.

https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...arter-zombies/