Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but My Hero Academia.

These various schools for training kids with powers.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

As old schooler...
    Bio booster armor guyver...
    Apart that is so very much spiderman-esque already...(dorky teenagers get bug like powers, most of his enemies have animal powers with few getting weird elemental powers, his most ruthless enemy is a business man with the most interesting hairdo ever, one of his sworn enemy with shape-shifting power and similar bug power as his, become a friend later. And at some point he is depicted as public menace.)
    CHRONOS Corp would fit nicely in MU.

For new stuff
    MY HERO ACADEMIA...as possible future of MU. Would be interesting, Cap being the old sempai of Almight and the one who inspired him with the American motif, all for one and his other psisbly related to one power couple of xmen...(hmm did you notice that we never saw the eyes of all for one and his brother's? For what we know they could have black sclera and red irises. Funny.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but My Hero Academia.

These various schools for training kids with powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    As old schooler...
    Bio booster armor guyver...
    Apart that is so very much spiderman-esque already...(dorky teenagers get bug like powers, most of his enemies have animal powers with few getting weird elemental powers, his most ruthless enemy is a business man with the most interesting hairdo ever, one of his sworn enemy with shape-shifting power and similar bug power as his, become a friend later. And at some point he is depicted as public menace.)
    CHRONOS Corp would fit nicely in MU.

For new stuff
    MY HERO ACADEMIA...as possible future of MU. Would be interesting, Cap being the old sempai of Almight and the one who inspired him with the American motif, all for one and his other psisbly related to one power couple of xmen...(hmm did you notice that we never saw the eyes of all for one and his brother's? For what we know they could have black sclera and red irises. Funny.
    My Hero Academia fascinates me because it's the reverse of the X-Men's historical status quo; instead of superpowered people being a hated and feared minority, they're in the majority, being a superhero is an actual profession and career, and lacking superpowers is treated as a disability. That said, just because superpowered people are a majority and superheroes have been professionalized, it's far from a perfect setting, as prejudice --- not only against those without powers, but also against those whose powers don't lend themselves to a "traditionally heroic" image --- is still a major factor in that society. Furthermore, as the series has continued, it's become increasingly evident that "Hero Society's" failure to adequately account for its more vulnerable and marginalized citizens has led to the rise of a number of supervillains, as well as public faith in professional heroes taking a serious nosedive once certain dark secrets come to light.

I do like the Guyver idea as well, given that the Guyver Units operate symbiotically, almost like Klyntar if they'd been engineered as alien bioweapons as opposed to being spawned from the primordial void before creation itself. I could see CHRONOS and Alchemax as rivals, insofar as CHRONOS initially making or having the Guyver Units and Alchemax having previously experimented with the Klyntar symbiotes. Oh, and with regard to the Spider-Man/Guyver comparison, Guyver III is basically a more Machiavellian Venom, being a black-suited version of the hero who can appear as both enemy and ally to said hero depending on his own desires and agenda.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Blood Blockade Battlefront. I vaguely recall that Marvel already has a magic oriented city that they don't explore, so it would be easy to add the idea of monsters and demons living there in harmony with everyone else, and you can just add the BBB characters with the ones who already keep the peace there.

Marvel has shogun warriors in it's universe also.

For me would love a detective conan/ case closed mystery story with some of marvels detectives or a big O crossover with red ronin!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The characters from 'Until Death Do Us Part', 'Jesus Sajin Kouro' and 'Yami No Aegis' would be the easiest to slide into the MU, imo. Since they're all already a shared universe of superhero characters.

In fact, those are the manga's that Netflix should be trying to adapt. They would make a great replacement for the Netflix Marvel shows.
    Mamoru and Jesus knowing logan is def an easy fit
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Since we got murants on krakoa
    Something index’s academy city would be a wild thing to see incorporated

Level 5 Espers, omega level mutants etc
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Since we got murants on krakoa
    Something index’s academy city would be a wild thing to see incorporated

Level 5 Espers, omega level mutants etc
    That could work. They still need an education, and telepathic info-dump doesn't necessarily compensate for actual learning and experience.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jujutsu Kaisen. Yuji would probably team up with Doctor Strange and the Agents of Atlas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    My Hero Academia fascinates me because it's the reverse of the X-Men's historical status quo; instead of superpowered people being a hated and feared minority, they're in the majority, being a superhero is an actual profession and career, and lacking superpowers is treated as a disability. That said, just because superpowered people are a majority and superheroes have been professionalized, it's far from a perfect setting, as prejudice --- not only against those without powers, but also against those whose powers don't lend themselves to a "traditionally heroic" image --- is still a major factor in that society. Furthermore, as the series has continued, it's become increasingly evident that "Hero Society's" failure to adequately account for its more vulnerable and marginalized citizens has led to the rise of a number of supervillains, as well as public faith in professional heroes taking a serious nosedive once certain dark secrets come to light.
    Inhumans, the BNHA society is a lot like old Attilan where young Inhumans hope for their powers to put them in the Royal guard, or to become a Scientist as they feel they give more back then artist, and builders.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Jujutsu Kaisen. Yuji would probably team up with Doctor Strange and the Agents of Atlas.
    I mean there is Strange Academy, could have a contest between the 2 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The characters from 'Until Death Do Us Part', 'Jesus Sajin Kouro' and 'Yami No Aegis' would be the easiest to slide into the MU, imo. Since they're all already a shared universe of superhero characters.

In fact, those are the manga's that Netflix should be trying to adapt. They would make a great replacement for the Netflix Marvel shows.
    That would be nice, indeed.
    The Trumps would work very well as a mercenary team in the MU. And Zashid Turus could be a Black Panther foe.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    I mean there is Strange Academy, could have a contest between the 2 schools.
    Oh yeah I forgot

Full Metal Alchemist. I feel like alchemy would translate so well to a world with superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Full Metal Alchemist. I feel like alchemy would translate so well to a world with superpowers.
    That would work better as an Alternative Earth. Maybe the Avengers are given alternative versions that are native to Amestris?

https://screenrant.com/one-piece-avengers-fan-art/

https://www.deviantart.com/andimoo/g...piece-avengers

I'd do the same with One Piece and make the Strawhat Avengers canon.