Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Don't remind me of the dark ages.Please don't
    But that's all I do around here, that and post scans .

Man how did Dan Slott get ASM no less for a decades and now FF.Has to be blackmail because there's no talent
    Probably availability, and he was popular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    New era? Is it a permanent job? Marriage? Kid? What else is on the checklist?
    It might be arrogant of me to say this, but, he's never having kids in 616 lol.

Even marriage is unlikely at this point.

He could get a proper job now though, think the only job he got in Spencer's run was when he worked for Norah as Spider-Man, and that last like, 5 issues?

I'll take Spencer's first half of the run before Kindred became prominent over anything BND and after.
    Well, the first half was generally the best part lol.

While Last Remains was going on, and I was getting annoyed with Spencer's writing, I wondered if it was always like that, but the first half was pretty fun still, so the quality dropped at some point, probably around Hunted, though Hunted itself had alright moments.

Heck even Beyond's first 2 issues were amazing writing wise
    Wouldn't go that far lol.

Anything at that level for Peter should be a good minimum for his 60th
    Nah man, the 60th is perfect to introduce Alpha's sidekick, Omega .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, the first half was generally the best part lol.

While Last Remains was going on, and I was getting annoyed with Spencer's writing, I wondered if it was always like that, but the first half was pretty fun still, so the quality dropped at some point, probably around Hunted, though Hunted itself had alright moments.
    Yeah, while I get why he did what he did if he just focused on writing Spider-man stories he would have had an amazing run

Wouldn't go that far lol.
    Fair enough

Nah man, the 60th is perfect to introduce Alpha's sidekick, Omega .
    I know you're joking but a Marvel writer will see this and do it please don't

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It might be arrogant of me to say this, but, he's never having kids in 616 lol.

Even marriage is unlikely at this point.
    Wouldn't say that. The landscape of current 616 is basically the MC2 at this point. Despite originally being a champion of character growth and logical character progression Peter is, funnily enough, the last holdout trying not to evolve. It's generally holding the universe back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    Wouldn't say that. The landscape of current 616 is basically the MC2 at this point. Despite originally being a champion of character growth and logical character progression Peter is, funnily enough, the last holdout trying not to evolve. It's generally holding the universe back.
    Is it, though? I mean, most of the mainstays are still around. The most MC2 thing I can think of is Cassie Lang as Stinger, but she might be Stature again eventually.

Yeah, while I get why he did what he did if he just focused on writing Spider-man stories he would have had an amazing run
    Yeah, Kindred brought some of the dumbest things about his run, and as much as some bad moments can be blamed on editorial, there are no excuses for stuff like how horribly Spencer uses magic.

Like seriously? Spidey using a recording of a spell to activate it? Sin Eater being able to steal anyone's powers? So much bullshit lol.

I know you're joking but a Marvel writer will see this and do it please don't
    Hey if they do it, I want a part of the cut, at least I'll feel less horrible for causing Alpha's return .

Quote Originally Posted by Dron View Post
    I don't see how lol.

If Marvel was planning to have more MC2 stuff, they could go on without Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it, though? I mean, most of the mainstays are still around. The most MC2 thing I can think of is Cassie Lang as Stinger, but she might be Stature again eventually.
    Is Frankin still a lil' bitch? 'Cause that kinda gets in the way of him being like his MC2 version lol.

Then again, his powers being nerfed does make Psi-Lord more believable...

BANNED

The synopsis made me laugh. "so far he's taken down Morbius, the U-Foes, and Kraven! Sure he's taken some licks along the way".

Way to try and course correct. I can imagine we are in for more of the same here. For all the excitement from the first 2 issues I am basically over Beyond as a story. If it were about Ben, sure. But it's about all these wise characters I don't care about. I wouldn't read a daughters of the dragon book, a miles book, a Beyond Corp book. I would read a Ben book, so it's extra frustrating that Doc Ock's stupid joke relationship with May has gotten more panel time than Ben and Janine.

I am not buying these Miles issues til I see with my own eyes that Ben doesn't job to Miles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beyond originally going to star Peter when it was first pitched?

Then Ben was suggested -- by editorial, maybe?

I wonder if that fact might explain some things regarding Ben's status as a protagonist who's been a little out of the picture.

-Pav, who is just spitballing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Beyond originally going to star Peter when it was first pitched?
    Huh? Where’d you hear that? I always assumed Beyond was a stop-gap measure they came up with when Spencer left earlier than expected and they didn’t want to do anything drastic with Peter’s status quo before they could find a new permanent writer (thus they put him on ice in a coma, while Ben stood in).

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Huh? Where’d you hear that? I always assumed Beyond was a stop-gap measure they came up with when Spencer left earlier than expected and they didn’t want to do anything drastic with Peter’s status quo before they could find a new permanent writer (thus they put him on ice in a coma, while Ben stood in).
    I believe he's referring to a interview with Zeb Wells where this was said. Iirc, Wells pitched Beyond originally and Nick Lowe suggested that he use Ben Reilly for the story, and then we got to where we are now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    I believe he's referring to a interview with Zeb Wells where this was said. Iirc, Wells pitched Beyond originally and Nick Lowe suggested that he use Ben Reilly for the story, and then we got to where we are now.
    Well… happy they decided to use Benson (even though they haven’t made the best use of him…). I’ll stick with Beyond. As underwhelming and occasionally boring as it’s been, I’d still take these stories over PAD’s Deadpool-Lite version of him any day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

Then Ben was suggested -- by editorial, maybe?

I wonder if that fact might explain some things regarding Ben's status as a protagonist who's been a little out of the picture.

-Pav, who is just spitballing...
    IIRC zeb wells said so in an interview.I think it was in the earliest stages though, he said people told him to use Ben for the run so maybe he framed Beyond around that?

Astonishing Member

IIRC zeb wells said so in an interview.I think it was in the earliest stages though, he said people told him to use Ben for the run so maybe he framed Beyond around that?
    Does anyone have a link to that interview?
    Last edited by Sr. Bungle; 12-13-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Does anyone have a link for that interview?
    Ask and ye shall receive! (just found it too lol)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000529804782

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! (just found it too lol)

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000529804782
    That was fast!! Thaks a lot!!

Been out of touch since Peter coma.Did I miss anything important?