Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    For comparison in Flash, Green Lanterns, and Batman's case.

spoilers:
    Flash dies without any last words as Boomerang was about to piss on his corpse (only stopped because the squad made fun of his small dick), Deadshot executes GL with a bullet to the face while mocking him, and Batman is also executed by Harley with a bullet to the face while she mocks him about being the one out of all her rogues to finally do in the Bat.
    end of spoilers
    Wow, they really went full comedic edgelord here.

How are they going to asspull her back to life if/when they do? She wasn’t possessed by Brainiac so he shouldn’t be able to resurrect her. Maybe it’s a mercy and she actually is permadead, at least RS wouldn’t be able to hurt her anymore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How are they going to asspull her back to life if/when they do? She wasn’t possessed by Brainiac so he shouldn’t be able to resurrect her. Maybe it’s a mercy and she actually is permadead, at least RS wouldn’t be able to hurt her anymore.
    Doesn't really matter. This game is gonna be a big flop so next DC game will be a huge reboot regardless

Maybe if WW is successful they'll build a new universe from it?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Putting "Feminism/woke agenda" above "not being faithful to the source material" made me chuckle.
    Funny thing is that a Wonder Woman story without female empowerment/feminism/"wokeness" is NOT being faithful to the source material. And by source material I mean Marston's radical feminism, which was indeed an integral aspect of his iconic creation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Tbh it's because this is supposed to be Arkham Batman, a very popular incarnation of the character. If it was some Elseworld Batman they dumped on, I don't think the outcry would be as bad. It's probably one of the most loved versions of the character up there with DCAU and Bale's version. Don't know what they were thinking

Luckily, Diana's solo game looks like a single player and knowing the dev, gameplay will be solid at worst. I'm more worried about how the story will be written
    The Arkham version of Batman was popular when the games were initially released but over the years the depiction has been viewed through a less positive lens, especially after Arkham Knight was released.

And frankly, any adaptation is pretty much an elseworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    For comparison in Flash, Green Lanterns, and Batman's case.

spoilers:
    Flash dies without any last words as Boomerang was about to piss on his corpse (only stopped because the squad made fun of his small dick), Deadshot executes GL with a bullet to the face while mocking him, and Batman is also executed by Harley with a bullet to the face while she mocks him about being the one out of all her rogues to finally do in the Bat.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Diana weirdly comes out lucky compared to them. At least her death is treated like a tragedy.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Didnt expect anything else from WB. WB always delivers is in making Diana Pathetic.

Fantastic Member

I don't know if it's true, but I saw someone say that the game actually states that the members under Brainiacs control is actually genetically modified. That explains the power difference and the strong resistance to kryptonite from Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I don't know if it's true, but I saw someone say that the game actually states that the members under Brainiacs control is actually genetically modified. That explains the power difference and the strong resistance to kryptonite from Superman.
    spoilers:
    makes sense since they shoot up superman with gold kryptonite and he still doesn’t go down.
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    makes sense since they shoot up superman with gold kryptonite and he still doesn’t go down.
    end of spoilers
    Didn't know that part. But yeah seems like it probably is the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Arkham version of Batman was popular when the games were initially released but over the years the depiction has been viewed through a less positive lens, especially after Arkham Knight was released.

And frankly, any adaptation is pretty much an elseworld.
    Maybe by hardcore Batman fans but casuals love Arkham Batman as much as some of Batman's most popular incarnations. The dislike I've seen is just internet noise. You'd think Nolan's Batman had a flop reputation if you went by what they said. Just a bubble that doesn't reflect the general public

Arkham Batman is to Gen Z what BTAS was to millennials
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

At least they went with the clay origin.
    No they didn't.... but like also haha.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    No they didn't.... but like also haha.
    spoilers:
    If she's not made of clay then why did she turn into dust when she died?
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~