Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

I wish Themysicira looked like this:

To me their architecture should show us a different path our evolution could've taken if we wore more like Antoni Gaudi and Biopunk

WW Earth One had similar vibes:

I wouldn’t mind the team drawing on the book for inspiration for their design of Paradise Island.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think there's almost zero chance of the Island looking futuristic. The movie version is gonna be the most likely inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I think there's almost zero chance of the Island looking futuristic. The movie version is gonna be the most likely inspiration.
    Most likely. Not really a loss since the only "futuristic" version of Themyscira I cared for visually was Jimenez.

Would be cool if he was a consultant, I think some of the Batman and Spider-Man games got actual comic people to help out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Most likely. Not really a loss since the only "futuristic" version of Themyscira I cared for visually was Jimenez.

Would be cool if he was a consultant, I think some of the Batman and Spider-Man games got actual comic people to help out on it.
    Yeah, Paul Dini was involved in the first two Arkham games. Once he left the good writing left with him

I'd be much more excited for the game if it had Jimenez or Rucka or any other good WW writer involved.

Mighty Member

Really hope this game does well need some other dc heroes get their time to shine

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I'll say this much, if Monolith's Open World is anything like AC: Odyssey or even their own Shadow of War game, it's not going to go over well with gamers, especially after ELDEN RING. If you want to mimic anything, mimic that.
    Agree with most of what you said but personally I'd rather they not do something like Elden Ring. I'm super casual - I just wanna follow the story, get to know the characters, and explore the world. Combat is fun but tbh I'm the type of girl who just wants to swing my little sword or shoot my little gun and beat up bad guys with no intense thinking required. I get why people who really dig challenging gameplay loved Elden Ring, but that's not me and not being able to turn the difficulty down was rough.

My guess is that WW will have plenty of options for more casual players given the IP, but from what little I played of the Middle Earth games, it didn't seem like either of them were generic follow the quest log/map marker situations and the Nemesis system prohibits that style anyway. I doubt it'll be totally derivative.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Really hope this game does well need some other dc heroes get their time to shine
    Personally I'd love to see Batman get a game, that would be so cool. Maybe they could even include Harley Quinn so a wider audience can get to know her.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Agree with most of what you said but personally I'd rather they not do something like Elden Ring. I'm super casual - I just wanna follow the story, get to know the characters, and explore the world. Combat is fun but tbh I'm the type of girl who just wants to swing my little sword or shoot my little gun and beat up bad guys with no intense thinking required. I get why people who really dig challenging gameplay loved Elden Ring, but that's not me and not being able to turn the difficulty down was rough.

My guess is that WW will have plenty of options for more casual players given the IP, but from what little I played of the Middle Earth games, it didn't seem like either of them were generic follow the quest log/map marker situations and the Nemesis system prohibits that style anyway. I doubt it'll be totally derivative.
    I mean primarily with the open world. i.e. No towers that you arbitrarily climb to scan the area for items that you have to acquire to 100% the game. I hate AC: Odyssey's open world format. what fun, climbing the hundredth tower just to get a thousand collectibles and icons pop out that people's monkey brains immediately go collecting. It was so unnecessarily large, and the 'treasures', collectibles, and icons only were there to fill space. Valhalla was worse.

In Elden Ring you'd have markers for important locations and otherwise be left to explore on your own. You'd get a map fragment to complete the map but otherwise everything was based on exploration. Despite its size it didn't feel bloated either. It let you, as the player, freely explore the lands between to find all its mysteries.

But I disagree about Elden Ring being too difficult. It's really only an illusion of difficulty. I know it's not for everyone, But I'd love for Diana to have insanely good memorable boss fights like in Elden Ring or Sekiro or Dark Souls. Those games are action pact, filled with heart racing excitement and moments of sheer awe. There is a reason they stand the test of time for many people. I'm sure that WW won't be exactly the same as the from soft games but, they shouldn't be afraid to mimic the world design and bosses.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The biggest ask I have for this game is to keep it contained within the character mythos. I'm a filthy casual as far as Wonder Woman goes. It should be like the Arkham games where the greater DCU was largely kept out.
    Didnt the arkham games incorperate the dcu like metropolis and recently the suicide squad which also has the justice league?

I am kind of curious what kind of landscape/geography they come up with for Themyscira since we usually don't see that with consistency even in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I mean primarily with the open world. i.e. No towers that you arbitrarily climb to scan the area for items that you have to acquire to 100% the game. I hate AC: Odyssey's open world format. what fun, climbing the hundredth tower just to get a thousand collectibles and icons pop out that people's monkey brains immediately go collecting. It was so unnecessarily large, and the 'treasures', collectibles, and icons only were there to fill space. Valhalla was worse.

In Elden Ring you'd have markers for important locations and otherwise be left to explore on your own. You'd get a map fragment to complete the map but otherwise everything was based on exploration. Despite its size it didn't feel bloated either. It let you, as the player, freely explore the lands between to find all its mysteries.

But I disagree about Elden Ring being too difficult. It's really only an illusion of difficulty. I know it's not for everyone, But I'd love for Diana to have insanely good memorable boss fights like in Elden Ring or Sekiro or Dark Souls. Those games are action pact, filled with heart racing excitement and moments of sheer awe. There is a reason they stand the test of time for many people. I'm sure that WW won't be exactly the same as the from soft games but, they shouldn't be afraid to mimic the world design and bosses.
    Make Giganta like the giants/Titans from GoW where she's both the boss and the environment.

I imagine liberties will be taken with Themysicira design-wise. I imagine a more fantasy-like area if they want to go for a really vibrant open-world dynamic. Or, take the look at the movies and base it off of that, although I find that boring. I think they should lean into the whole mystical aspect and create something visually appealing.

But, I also feel like Themysircia might not be the biggest priority if we get some glimpse at Man's World, probably Gateway City. I could see us having to visit different locations for missions, and Themysicira as the base.

Honestly, its all speculation I hope we get an update before the year is over.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

https://twitter.com/MissFire4/status...13623144620033

Been on the Wonder Woman game for a week now and already impressed with the teams dedication to accessibility. The game industry feels different than just a few years ago, in a Wonderful way!
    Nice to get a look behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    https://twitter.com/MissFire4/status...13623144620033

Nice to get a look behind the scenes.
    Reminds me of a video I saw of the behind the scenes for the new God of War game.