Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

DOA and a teaser trailer isn't even out yet wow.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

DC is creating a gaming economy in which no one can play anything because everything requires constant playtime meaning people aren't going to play GK because they need to play SS:KTJL and they aren't going to play that because they need to earn battle pass points on WW and on it on the wheel spins. I'm sure there will be some money but not reallly enough, and its only ever going to tarnish an already bad reputation. We are not getting a good WW game guys, not gonna happen, sorry about it but its expected at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    DC is creating a gaming economy in which no one can play anything because everything requires constant playtime meaning people aren't going to play GK because they need to play SS:KTJL and they aren't going to play that because they need to earn battle pass points on WW and on it on the wheel spins. I'm sure there will be some money but not reallly enough, and its only ever going to tarnish an already bad reputation. We are not getting a good WW game guys, not gonna happen, sorry about it but its expected at this point.
    Edit: Kind of curious where all the 'we don't want a God of War clone' people are rn?

Edit to the Edit: didn't mean to reply to my own post, oops.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    We are not getting a good WW game guys, not gonna happen, sorry about it but its expected at this point.
    I think the game art we have seen with Wonder Woman along with an Amazon and a human soldier makes me think it will be some kind of shooter where you play a lot of the game as generic soldiers and then Wonder Woman is some temporary powerup that you unlock after using in-game currency or something.

I also have zero hopes from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I think the game art we have seen with Wonder Woman along with an Amazon and a human soldier makes me think it will be some kind of shooter where you play a lot of the game as generic soldiers and then Wonder Woman is some temporary powerup that you unlock after using in-game currency or something.

They're just probably going to be allies you fight with like in Monolith's other games.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Why are we putting down a game we haven't seen yet?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why are we putting down a game we haven't seen yet?
    Because that's life in the WW boards, apparently

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay that is a ridiculous assumption not rooted in any sort of evidence or logic.

Calm the pessimism. Cynicism is basically a mental cancer.

Yeah, I get being cynical about WB/DC’s handling of WW but can we wait until we actually know it’s part of the game or not?

To be fair to those who are woe begotten by this, that "Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League" game showed such horrible implementation and the Gotham Knights game had so many issues....
    That even the suggestion that they intend to continue such business practices when making other games in the hopes that at least one of them is a financial success would lead one to an understandable worry.

And with no reveals aside from a possibly real piece of concept art and no other word regarding the announced Wonder Woman game aside from its initial tease from two years ago, theres not much to work off of aside from these general mission statements of intentions for their future games.

The Wonder Woman game could still turn out to be good, its impossible to say. But with no news regarding the game itself after all of this time, we can't even be entirely sure its even in production.

Though I confess if the game winds up having one of those 'always online to play' features, I wouldn't be able to play it. I don't have that kind of internet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay that is a ridiculous assumption not rooted in any sort of evidence or logic.

Calm the pessimism. Cynicism is basically a mental cancer.
    DC has made it clear they are not interested in single player games and prefer the GAAS model. Their last two games were made by developers with good track record with DC properties and still one ended in disaster and other is on that course. Monolith has given no updates about this game in 2 years.

At this point, the best case scenario is that the game has been quietly cancelled.

DC has made it clear they are not interested in single player games and prefer the GAAS model. Their last two games were made by developers with good track record with DC properties and still one ended in disaster and other is on that course. Monolith has given no updates about this game in 2 years.

At this point, the best case scenario is that the game has been quietly cancelled.
    Yes quiet cancellation is a possibility.

Not that nonsensical idea you came up with that is too ludicrous to take seriously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yes quiet cancellation is a possibility.

Not that nonsensical idea you came up with that is too ludicrous to take seriously.
    I doubt it was quietly cancelled when they're still posting for jobs though.

However, it's possible they announced it without really knowing what they wanted to do with it, or they decided to/they've been asked to heavily rework it after development started.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The fact that some want a WW game canceled before it even debuts over a theory is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The fact that some want a WW game canceled before it even debuts over a theory is laughable.
    To note I don't want the game cancelled, far from it.

Its just people's cynicism takes them to some face-palming places.