Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

More than happy to sacrifice Clown Lady and the Hot Topic Squad on the alter of live service.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    More than happy to sacrifice Clown Lady and the Hot Topic Squad on the alter of live service.
    Now me rooting for that to flop isn’t just me being petty
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Live service wouldn't have gelled with this anyway. Whatever you need to do for Diana's story can be done in one game and a sequel if you want to expand. Even DLC (which I hate but is a staple atp in the industry).

Unless, of course, Gaas becomes developed enough to remove the necessity for sequels. However, Avengers not coming through killed that possibility for the foreseeable future.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Rumors:

Shpeshal Nick has heard new info on Monolith’s Wonder Woman game

https://x.com/idlesloth84_/status/17...hG63y-OGKQahLg

Currently runs at 30 FPS, but they want a 60FPS performance mode

It's visuals are similar to Gotham Knights but probably better

You defeat mobs, bosses, mini-bosses, and stuff. There are chests and loot drops like boots, braces, and torso gear with stats (similar to God of War)

The invisible jet is used for fast travel.

Jumping, leaping, and fast dashing feel really cool like a good version of Crackdown ��

The Lariat (The Lasso of Truth) feels good to use and feels similar to Spiderman's webs, you can wrap it around people to slam and even combo them.

Nick is wondering if they will have the truth mechanic... ��
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaks...s/s/Z5oHyvFAMp
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Currently runs at 30 FPS, but they want a 60FPS performance mode

It's visuals are similar to Gotham Knights but probably better

You defeat mobs, bosses, mini-bosses, and stuff. There are chests and loot drops like boots, braces, and torso gear with stats (similar to God of War)

The invisible jet is used for fast travel.

Jumping, leaping, and fast dashing feel really cool like a good version of Crackdown ��

The Lariat (The Lasso of Truth) feels good to use and feels similar to Spiderman's webs, you can wrap it around people to slam and even combo them.

Nick is wondering if they will have the truth mechanic... ��
    Assuming this is all accurate...the power scalers are not going to be happy about this game, I can tell that much.

Truth is though it was probably inevitable. Modern games are built around constantly increasing stats, getting new gear, and unlocking abilities as the game progresses. Even Spider-Man has all this tech stuff in his games. I believe that's the stated reason why developers insist a Superman game would be hard to make; can't begin with the protag maxed out with all their stuff. We were never going to get a game that's just Diana with all her gear and powers as they are in the comics. Not unless it was a throwback to older games.

I mean with Superman you could just do something something the suns turned red or whatever.

That said, I wouldn't say any of this information is bad news. I just wish for info on what the nemesis mechanic is supposed to be like, and if we get actual Wondy villains in this. Im really hoping we dont have bland generic minions as bosses

The fast travel bit is what interests me the most. Does this mean the game will have other locations besides Themyscira? Or Themyscira will be huge, possibly a group of islands?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The fast travel bit is what interests me the most. Does this mean the game will have other locations besides Themyscira? Or Themyscira will be huge, possibly a group of islands?
    Island being huge is my hope. No need for the rest of DC to come uninvited into WW's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Island being huge is my hope. No need for the rest of DC to come uninvited into WW's game.
    Yeah, but they can also use other places associated with WW, like Washington and Bana-Mighdall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This sounds pretty believable and in-line with Monoliths' past games. I think the only issue is people would complain about her not being able to fly.

I figured the Lasso would lend itself to the enemy conversion power from their LoTR games.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Oh that could be neat! Isle of Healing, Reformation Island, Forbidden Island which has only actually shown up once despite being on a number of maps....

That said, im also expecting the island itself to be large. if the concept art was legit, we can expect mountains. And theres eighty years of inconsistent island designs which could give them a pretty nice sized map if they wanted to bother.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All this sounds really promising. Still unclear if she can fly or not, most probably she can't for gameplay reasons.

Hope we don't just have mythological creatures and gods as enemies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I mean with Superman you could just do something something the suns turned red or whatever.

That said, I wouldn't say any of this information is bad news. I just wish for info on what the nemesis mechanic is supposed to be like, and if we get actual Wondy villains in this. Im really hoping we dont have bland generic minions as bosses
    My hope is that since we are getting this kind of info (which is pretty basic stuff), that means an official announcement like a trailer is in the window.

The game awards next month would be perfect time to unveil a trailer.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 11-27-2023 at 02:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    My hope is that since we are getting this kind of info (which is pretty basic stuff), that means an official announcement like a trailer is in the window.

The game awards next month would be perfect time to unveil a trailer.
    I don't think we'll see anything until the end of 2024

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I don't think we'll see anything until the end of 2024
    I don't know, Suicide Squad is almost out soon (and if it wasn't for the last delay it would have been out already), so its probably time to build up hype for the next game.