Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its probable that it was announced way too early.

Which gets funny compared to Suicide Squad apparently being in development for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its probable that it was announced way too early.

Which gets funny compared to Suicide Squad apparently being in development for 7 years.
    The announcement likely also served as a recruitment ad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Videogames now take time. Next gen hits on 2028, so I supose the Wonder Woman game would release before that (as Monolith is a triple A studio that won't want to miss the current gen)

The correct mindset is: it doesn't matter how long it does take, just do it at a confortable pace for devs to avoid a buggy and messy launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Videogames now take time. Next gen hits on 2028, so I supose the Wonder Woman game would release before that (as Monolith is a triple A studio that won't want to miss the current gen)

The correct mindset is: it doesn't matter how long it does take, just do it at a confortable pace for devs to avoid a buggy and messy launch.
    That's a good perspective to have .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Something to look forward too, checking out how much their Middle-Earth gameplay transfers to WW

Honestly, I just think game studios are better off waiting to announce games considering how long the process takes now. Unfortunately, delays are also very common.

And, while I want a good product I feel like major announcements years before a game will be ready suits no one, especially the devs. But, I guess public announcements is also a recruiting tactic.

But, we 100% are not getting this game for another few years and that's fine, I just want it to be good.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Spiderman took 4 years to develop, they were just smart to not announce it until the 2 year mark. WW seems to have been announced at the very beginning of its life so 2025is the most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Spiderman took 4 years to develop, they were just smart to not announce it until the 2 year mark. WW seems to have been announced at the very beginning of its life so 2025is the most likely
    Yup. And, the turnover for two other games in five years makes everything surrounding the franchise feel smooth.

Games being in development for over five years is ridiculous. I saw an article earlier this year that if an AAA game went into development this year, it would have to be on the next-gen. There's just a deeper problem going on, especially with all the games that have been delayed or released somewhat unfinished. Not saying time shouldn't be put into it, but there's an industry problem if it's taking THAT long.

Hoping around this time next year we have some smaller details on the game at least. But, I'll be patient, I really want Diana to have a good game, it's long overdue. I can't believe this is her first solo game (I can but still).
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

spoilers:
    Looks like the leak about Wondy getting murdered by Supes in SSKTJL is true. ****.
    end of spoilers

Everything is riding on this game now, please don’t screw this up. Future of DC gaming as a whole feels like it’s riding on this, not just Wondy. Rocksteady is probably going to be gutted.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Lol they are three for three in crapping on the Trinity in this
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 01-29-2024 at 11:45 AM.

The SS game really is an interesting time capsule to show much tastes can change in little under a decade.

Probably the most culturally interesting about it, honestly

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol they are threw for three in crapping on the Trinity in this
    Only positive thing I can say is that at least they didn’t exempt Batman from being treated badly ! Irony is that’s probably going to bite them in the ass. Plenty of people going “I’m fine with Brainiac mindcontrolling the rest of the League, but how could they do that to Batman!!!!!!!”

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The SS game really is an interesting time capsule to show much tastes can change in little under a decade.

Probably the most culturally interesting about it, honestly
    I think thr taste hasn't changed. This is just bad. The Boys is still popular as is Invincible. Two properties where "evil superheroes" are intriguing

I mean...the writing was pretty much on the wall for Wonder Woman from the start. I knew that old plot leak from last year where she winds up the only survivor was too good to be true. Did anyone really think, in a game where the Justice League fails and dies, that Diana would be the one to come out roses?
    S**t rolls downhill. If it goes bad for Batman and Superman, you better believe it's going to go bad, if not worse for her.

Luckily though, it sounds like this whole game is going to be a disaster across the board for everyone involved. Yeah, it'll suck to see spoilers:
    evil Superman beat Diana to death
    end of spoilers...but this won't exactly be remembered as the rest of the League's finest hour, will it?

Fantastic Member

I don't like that happening, but I won't mind it to much depending on how it happens. If it is a surprise or brutal one where it is pretty even.