Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

To this day, Justice League Heroes is still the best adaptation of WW in a video game, which is really sad.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    I don't know if it's true, but I saw someone say that the game actually states that the members under Brainiacs control is actually genetically modified. That explains the power difference and the strong resistance to kryptonite from Superman.
    Unfortunately nothing in the game suggested a change in power. Green Kryptonite still heavily affected him and the suggested DNA corruption only prevented him from dying when stabbed in the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    The reactions to Wonder Woman's portrayal on Twitter have been interesting.

The anti-woke crowd hate her because she's the only hero not enslaved by Brainiac and gets a somewhat dignified death (in comparison to the other Leaguers at least). And, of course, she's not sexy enough for them. Even saw one guy crying she's a Mary Sue...which is weird considering she gets her ass kicked by Superman and dies a failure.

Other people are declaring her "peak" and the best adaptation of Wonder Woman in years because......I honestly don't understand why.

Personally, although I'll allow her fate is better than the likes of the rest of the League, I am not cheering this interpretation of Diana. As far as I'm concerned...with the awful Zeus origin/backstory, ugly costume, nerfed powers, and she ultimately fails miserably...if this is the best adaptation of Wonder Woman in years, that's pretty damning indictment of her adaptations.
    Gotta remember her only competition for most people is the warmongering fascist Injustice WW. By that low, low bar she IS great. She’s not evil, she doesn’t want to kill the other Leaguers (thus avoiding her usual kill happy characterization), and she gets a respectful - if still somewhat lame - death. Also she tosses Harley and the rest of the Squad like rag dolls into a shipping container after Harley suggests they team up to kill Flash, which is the only joke in the game I’ve seen that actually lands for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gotta remember her only competition for most people is the warmongering fascist Injustice WW. By that low, low bar she IS great. She’s not evil, she doesn’t want to kill the other Leaguers (thus avoiding her usual kill happy characterization), and she gets a respectful - if still somewhat lame - death. Also she tosses Harley and the rest of the Squad like rag dolls into a shipping container after Harley suggests they team up to kill Flash, which is the only joke in the game I’ve seen that actually lands for me.
    Terrible backstory and death aside, her being 1,000% done with the Suicide Squad 5 seconds after meeting them was pretty funny.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Yeah, the standard for WW in video games is even lower than the standard for WW in animation, so any game where she isn't the worst version of the character in her 80 years of existence is where the bar is.

That she isn't simping for Supes and Bats is already an improvement over the DCAU and Injustice

The anti-woke crowd hate her because she's the only hero not enslaved by Brainiac and gets a somewhat dignified death (in comparison to the other Leaguers at least). And, of course, she's not sexy enough for them. Even saw one guy crying she's a Mary Sue...which is weird considering she gets her ass kicked by Superman and dies a failure.

Other people are declaring her "peak" and the best adaptation of Wonder Woman in years because......I honestly don't understand why.

Personally, although I'll allow her fate is better than the likes of the rest of the League, I am not cheering this interpretation of Diana. As far as I'm concerned...with the awful Zeus origin/backstory, ugly costume, nerfed powers, and she ultimately fails miserably...if this is the best adaptation of Wonder Woman in years, that's pretty damning indictment of her adaptations.
    Also saw a ton of people whining about Lex talking so much about her.

"I'm a warrior for peace. I swore an oath to never strike anyone in anger."

I have to say, her stupid origin aside, the game at least understands her character better than Tom King

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The most interesting thing about the design is how I noticed stuff like people pointing out how she looks more Middle Eastern which makes sense her VA Zehra Fazal is Pakistani.

Which ties into a notable recent shift how Diana is being portrayed as looking less like a European woman in adaptations.

Which not complaining, its something I actually quite enjoy there, its just interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The most interesting thing about the design is how I noticed stuff like people pointing out how she looks more Middle Eastern which makes sense her VA Zehra Fazal is Pakistani.

Which ties into a notable recent shift how Diana is being portrayed as looking less like a European woman in adaptations.

Which not complaining, its something I actually quite enjoy there, its just interesting to see.
    Monolith’s WW uses the “traditional” look going off of the concept art so Arkhamverse Wondy may end up being a one off.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Considering the lack of bosses in this $70 game, they should've made her evil too and acknowledge her demi-goddess powers. Give the support role to a League member you wouldn't expect like Blue Beetle or Vixen.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    To this day, Justice League Heroes is still the best adaptation of WW in a video game, which is really sad.
    Kari Wahlgren as Zatanna for the win .

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Considering the lack of bosses in this $70 game, they should've made her evil too and acknowledge her demi-goddess powers. Give the support role to a League member you wouldn't expect like Blue Beetle or Vixen.
    That would just mean we have an underwhelming Wonder Woman boss fight and have less used League member die in her place.

Watched several youtubers complain about the other leaguer's deaths and said that Diana was the game's favorite because she 'died a hero's death, trying to save everyone', and like sure...? Specifically, batman didn't get anywhere near as dignified a death as her and he's the reason Rocksteady is a popular gaming studio with the Arkham games. And I have to laugh at the multiple angles Wonder fans get screwed over sometimes. The average Joe gamer things we've got the good deal in comparison of the others, were its like for every one bad interpretation of Batman or Superman, there is like 10 solid ones in a different medium.

Most 'fans' even here sometimes, seem to be content with this level of power for Diana though. I know it can get annoying with the power level debates, but here's the fruits of that. She can be powerful sure, but not that much. She can have all this talk of skill, but Clark is just so powerful in comparison it doesn't matter. I mean her character that gets stripped down to the basic warrior woman and she can't even do that because it might upset some man-child and they'd make a video about how "Diana beating Superman is woke feminist SJW propaganda".
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yeah, game's another example of how the ''She's weaker than him, but she's more skilled'' is just lip service that DC will never ever seriously backup since there's always the eye-rolling ''he's not holding back this time'' card they'll pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Watched several youtubers complain about the other leaguer's deaths and said that Diana was the game's favorite because she 'died a hero's death, trying to save everyone', and like sure...? Specifically, batman didn't get anywhere near as dignified a death as her and he's the reason Rocksteady is a popular gaming studio with the Arkham games. And I have to laugh at the multiple angles Wonder fans get screwed over sometimes. The average Joe gamer things we've got the good deal in comparison of the others, were its like for every one bad interpretation of Batman or Superman, there is like 10 solid ones in a different medium.

Most 'fans' even here sometimes, seem to be content with this level of power for Diana though. I know it can get annoying with the power level debates, but here's the fruits of that. She can be powerful sure, but not that much. She can have all this talk of skill, but Clark is just so powerful in comparison it doesn't matter. I mean her character that gets stripped down to the basic warrior woman and she can't even do that because it might upset some man-child and they'd make a video about how "Diana beating Superman is woke feminist SJW propaganda".
    Power levels don't mean much in a game where the entire Justice League gets taken down with guns.