Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

So what villains do people want to see for this as bosses?

Personally im wanting a good 'david and goliath' type of battle with Giganta.
    A Doctor Poison boss fight that abuses minion rush and alot of delightfully annoying poison effects.
    And a Blue Snowman battle that uses a combination of robots, freeze rays, and fog of war.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    So what villains do people want to see for this as bosses?

Personally im wanting a good 'david and goliath' type of battle with Giganta.
    A Doctor Poison boss fight that abuses minion rush and alot of delightfully annoying poison effects.
    And a Blue Snowman battle that uses a combination of robots, freeze rays, and fog of war.
    Yes to all of this. I would love a battle with Doctor Cyber, Rucka version. An untouchable AI that is controlling every piece of machinery in proximity. Part of the battle is figuring out how to hurt the intangible AI, while also fighting off her machinery.

Colonel Paula Von Gunther is in a helicopter surrounded by minion helicopters in the air. This is a platforming boss battle as Wonder Woman must use her jumps, leaps, glides, and lasso riding to deflect the missiles, destroy the helicopters, and stop Gunther.

This one may be unpopular, but I would love a battle with Cheetah similar to 1984. Cheetah is swinging over water with electrical outlets and we are using our lasso to platform and simultaneously fight Cheetah. There are also minions shooting at us from ground level to raise tensions.

I wouldn't mind if Duke of Deception, Dr. Psycho and Ares were also included. I haven't thought about their boss battles.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Yes to all of this. I would love a battle with Doctor Cyber, Rucka version. An untouchable AI that is controlling every piece of machinery in proximity. Part of the battle is figuring out how to hurt the intangible AI, while also fighting off her machinery.

Colonel Paula Von Gunther is in a helicopter surrounded by minion helicopters in the air. This is a platforming boss battle as Wonder Woman must use her jumps, leaps, glides, and lasso riding to deflect the missiles, destroy the helicopters, and stop Gunther.

This one may be unpopular, but I would love a battle with Cheetah similar to 1984. Cheetah is swinging over water with electrical outlets and we are using our lasso to platform and simultaneously fight Cheetah. There are also minions shooting at us from ground level to raise tensions.

I wouldn't mind if Duke of Deception, Dr. Psycho and Ares were also included. I haven't thought about their boss battles.
    Golly, those are pretty good. The way you describe a Baroness boss fight makes me wonder at a Silver Swan battle which makes use of her flight and sonic scream.

With Doctor Psycho I imagine something truly psychadelic where your surroundings change and possibly even button imputs. Like Psycho Mantis meets Scarecrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The fast travel bit is what interests me the most. Does this mean the game will have other locations besides Themyscira? Or Themyscira will be huge, possibly a group of islands?
    I was thinking when this got announced, Themyscira would just be extremely big.

I feel like the Invisible Jet gels better if there are other places you can travel to that aren't Themyscira, like Bana-Mighdall. But, if Diana can't fly in this and the main map is that big, it makes sense to get from point A to B.

AAA games focus on big, immersive maps rather than multiple locations, like in games where they have levels. But are they going to have all enemies invade Themyscira to keep it on one map? It worked in the Arkham series because of the plotlines, or Spider-Man because NYC is just that big. Not that I'm upset since we don't know yet, just curious if they'll keep us in one location or have smaller areas for dedicated missions.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

The part im most curious for with this is will the final result lead to us in the future having a more coherent map of the island? Cause Themyscira/Paradise Island has gone through ALOT of maps and designs over the years.

paradise island map.jpg

themyscira map.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I'd take this with a heap of salt. The guy who posted this is notoriously pretty unreliable and these are all either really standard RPG features or obvious guesses based on the character.

I also don't think frame rate would be determined this early (I'm assuming the release date is still at least a year out) and it seems odd that they wouldn't even mention the Nemesis system when that's the central gameplay mechanic. Like, pretty obvious that the lasso is going to function like Talion's dominate powers in the Middle Earth games.

Would love to see more info at the Game Awards this year but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I was thinking when this got announced, Themyscira would just be extremely big.

I feel like the Invisible Jet gels better if there are other places you can travel to that aren't Themyscira, like Bana-Mighdall. But, if Diana can't fly in this and the main map is that big, it makes sense to get from point A to B.

AAA games focus on big, immersive maps rather than multiple locations, like in games where they have levels. But are they going to have all enemies invade Themyscira to keep it on one map? It worked in the Arkham series because of the plotlines, or Spider-Man because NYC is just that big. Not that I'm upset since we don't know yet, just curious if they'll keep us in one location or have smaller areas for dedicated missions.
    I have a feeling Themyscira's just going to be really big. And I feel like this game will help define her/her world in the public consciousness the same way an animated series would, so maybe the depiction of the island here will influence other media.

Maybe they will use the jet somehow, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't have some kind of player-controlled flight mechanic considering Shadow of War had flying mounts 6 years ago. I'm just not sure if it'll be part of her basic traversal or if you'll unlock flight powers/flying mounts later in the game.

i know odds arn't great, but id love it if they incorporated the other islands

Kanga's for traversing the open world would be cool.

Two years later and another Game Awards has gone by.
    And still nothing new about the Wonder Woman video game.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Two years later and another Game Awards has gone by.
    And still nothing new about the Wonder Woman video game.
    My guess is that WB is waiting for SSKTJL to drop before they start the push for WW. Tbh it surprises me that they're still putting so much into it when it's clearly going to be another Gotham Knights. People have been saying it looks like a dud since the first gameplay reveal last year and impressions from the recent alpha test were overwhelmingly negative.

Really hope they're holding off because they don't want to show anything else until they have gameplay and can announce a late 2024 release date - Shadow of War came out ~6 months after the first gameplay reveal so it's not out of the question. 2025 is looking VERY crowded for AAA games.

Honestly considering they were still hiring writers not that long ago they might not have much to even show yet.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah it seems like this year was the heavy lifting so like I said earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I don't think we'll see anything until the end of 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly considering they were still hiring writers not that long ago they might not have much to even show yet.
    I wouldn't think anything of that, studios are always backfilling.

Also IDK if you've played Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War but a huge next-gen game with the Nemesis System would require an absolutely ridiculous amount of dialog.

Game isn’t coming out until late 2025 or 2026 at the earliest, telling you that now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/