Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Power levels don't mean much in a game where the entire Justice League gets taken down with guns.
    They are relevant because the portrayal of WW being helplessly outclassed by Superman continues in comics, gamers and movies, even with her so called superior skills and gear, that some here claim would help her even the odds and make up the difference in raw power, that according to them should not be a big gap between them. But clearly this is not the case. WW is not portayed as close to sm in anything, her fighting skills and gear never make any difference, and even with kryptonite like in this game or dceased she still can't avoid getting owned like a helpless ant next to him. So in the end, writers are only good with WW when it comes to lipservice talking about how powerful and skilled she is. But when the push comes to shove, they make sure she is helpless next to him. And no amount of skill and gear can save her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, game's another example of how the ''She's weaker than him, but she's more skilled'' is just lip service that DC will never ever seriously backup since there's always the eye-rolling ''he's not holding back this time'' card they'll pull.
    Trade off is that you’re getting a game because she’s “easier” to adapt since her not being able to fly and being weaker has been normalized. Frankly I’d be happy to swap places and let Wondy have a stronger power level if Superman got a video game
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-02-2024 at 01:29 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

All Wonder Woman scenes in Suicide Squad kills the Justice League:

Amazing Member

I like her design except for the pants. Should’ve been a skirt type.

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    Guess they wanted her to look practical or something.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Trade off is that you’re getting a game because she’s “easier” to adapt since her not being able to fly and being weaker has been normalized. Frankly I’d be happy to swap places and let Wondy have a stronger power level if Superman got a video game
    Stuff like that should never be normalized.

Quote Originally Posted by VaLoa View Post
    And remove the tactical military boots and pouches.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I don't care what all those "anti-woke' idiots say: the model they used for Diana is gorgeous; she is giving me Eskimo/Native American/Peruvian vibes, and I LOVE IT! I wish they found an actress who looked just like that for the eventual DCU Wonder Woman.

Just watched Lois Lane's eulogy of Wonder Woman in the Suicide Squad game and, honestly, it just made me angrier.

More than anything, it gave me DCeased and Zack Snyder Justice League flashbacks...among many other stories.
    Yet another reminder from DC that it doesn't matter how strong or capable Wonder Woman is...it doesn't matter if she's the last, best hope for the world...her agency, heroism and victory is dependent solely on Superman A) existing, and B) being a good mood.

EMPOWERMENT!

Based on what I've been hearing, this game isn't just a critical failure, it's looking like a financial disaster, too. And frankly...good riddance. This game deserved to fail.

Even IGN gave this game a 5/10. Woof.

Well maybe WB will start pushing marketing for the upcoming Wonder Woman game since that is their only DC branded game in the works.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Just watched Lois Lane's eulogy of Wonder Woman in the Suicide Squad game and, honestly, it just made me angrier.

More than anything, it gave me DCeased and Zack Snyder Justice League flashbacks...among many other stories.
    Yet another reminder from DC that it doesn't matter how strong or capable Wonder Woman is...it doesn't matter if she's the last, best hope for the world...her agency, heroism and victory is dependent solely on Superman A) existing, and B) being a good mood.

EMPOWERMENT!

Based on what I've been hearing, this game isn't just a critical failure, it's looking like a financial disaster, too. And frankly...good riddance. This game deserved to fail.
    Lol and I’m pissed about the Superman eulogy because Lois shits on him and says he ruined his legacy forever and died a villain, while calling WW the “greatest light Metropolis has ever known!” And the GL fans are angry about his bio and how he gets stripped to his boxers and his corpse mutilated after his death. And the Flash gets pissed on after dying which made his fans furious. And of course the Batman fandom is having a meltdown now that they got an a taste of the Injustice treatment. Amazing how Rocksteady managed to make EVERYONE mad with this game, all to shill the goddamn Suicide Squad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Perrette said WBD's recent gaming output has focused on AAA games for console, and that's great when a game like Hogwarts Legacy sells 22 million copies and becomes the best-selling game of the year, but this kind of success is never guaranteed in what Perrette said was a "volatile" market. He pointed out that one of WBD's latest big games, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, was a disappointment for the company.

So the plan going forward, he said, is to help reduce volatility by focusing on core franchises and bringing at least some of them to the mobile and free-to-play space, as well as continuing to invest in live-service games that people play--and spend money on--over a long period of time. This will help WBD generate more consistent revenue, he said, going on to tease that WBD had some new mobile free-to-play games coming this year. Also worth noting is that just because WBD may push into new places, that doesn't necessarily mean it will stop making big single-player AAA games.

"Rather than just launching a one-and-done console game, how do we develop a game around, for example, a Hogwarts Legacy or Harry Potter, that is a live-service where people can live and work and build and play in that world in an ongoing basis?" he said.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wa...rce=reddit.com

Ugh even if WW does well, WB would just want to find a way to turn a sequel into GAAS slop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wa...rce=reddit.com

Ugh even if WW does well, WB would just want to find a way to turn a sequel into GAAS slop.
    Let me get this straight (I am hopelessly NOT well versed in video games): the SSKTJL game has flopped artistically and commercially, while Hogwarts sells 22 million copies, but WB wants to create more video games that adhere to the format of the SS game??

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Let me get this straight (I am hopelessly NOT well versed in video games): the SSKTJL game has flopped artistically and commercially, while Hogwarts sells 22 million copies, but WB wants to create more video games that adhere to the format of the SS game??
    They seem to be looking for an excuse to get out of the AAA market.

Cause the thing is they aren't just making gaas, they specifically want to focus on mobile games. So they want to focus on making fucking phone games.

Amazing Member

WB Montreals next DC AAA started production already. It’s a new IP so it can’t be Batman. Hope it doesn’t get scrapped.