Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    No one should support a game (Or anything for that matter) just because of a "If you don't buy it we won't get another" mentality, specially if it lacks something the fan likes about the character, blindly buying shit is a bad mentality too.
    Not supporting a game because she cant fly is a lackluster reason. Its like not supporting Superman because they leave out freeze breath or Batman because he doesn't have the uncanny ability to beat Darkseid by himself. These things are not what make the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I doubt it's gonna be Gal. To much money and they usually go with actual VAs which i actually prefer
    Guess a lot has changed since when I gamed regularly. The Iron Man game got RDJ and Terrence Howard, and Superman Returns got Kevin Spacey.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am not a gamer, and I literally know close to nothing about video games. I am gonna buy this historic game regardless (because I want to support my favorite comic book character and I want to encourage the makers to make more WW games in the future), but what is the problem with video games and flying? Is it hard to convey flying characters in video games?
    The problem with flying is that it can undermine the level design. It can give you a convenient out for any obstacle you would encounter. The games that do have flight limit what you can do with it so it doesn't break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I probably wouldn't buy a Spider-man game where he couldn't webswing. It just wouldn't be fun. But I'm not gonna stop myself from buying a Flash game just because he can't run on water. I know very well that it's nothing essential about the appeal if the character, and if that game fails I'm never gonna get another one. If you want Wonder Woman to get a game where she flies than a buy a good game from her and then demand a better one.

The quickest way for you to kill something you love is to ignore it for an insignificant reason.
    Yeah, flying would be cool, but to me that is probably not even in TOP 10 of things that I want from WW game.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Guess a lot has changed since when I gamed regularly. The Iron Man game got RDJ and Terrence Howard, and Superman Returns got Kevin Spacey.
    I never said they never do. I said they usually dont. Iron Man was Downeya big return to the spotlight, im not surprised he voiced it. Disney didn't use him for What If, and likely because he's far more expensive now than he was during IM1.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (and probably X-Men Legends prior) had flight with few issues. Those games are relatively simple (for modern standards) action games, but they demonstrated nearly two decades prior that flying and action aren't impossible to mix.

I didn't video games much from 2014-2020, but from my experience the problem with flying generally comes with 1) being too easy to disengage in action and 2) if you can free roam, there needs to be stuff to do in the far outreaches where you can fly or else the game feels boring.
    The flight options you had in Ultimate Alliance were pretty crap either way, you can't block while flying, MP doesn't regenerate (At least in UA1), and the attacks are sloppier.

You could cheese out some flights by flying for a bit, but generally, flight is such a crap option you're not missing out much by not using it.

I think in UA2, I think your MP does regenerate when you fly, but you still can't block, and the game has block cancel, so doing specials when flying sucks, so while it can sound like you can kill everyone with Jean by using her godly Area of Effect attacks while flying to make sure they don't touch you, in practice it's better to stay on the ground and doing block cancels to kill everyone twice as fast.

So yeah, in UA, you're better off not flying besides using it to reach some areas faster, but in combat? Forget it exists lol.

I probably wouldn't buy a Spider-man game where he couldn't webswing. It just wouldn't be fun. But I'm not gonna stop myself from buying a Flash game just because he can't run on water. I know very well that it's nothing essential about the appeal if the character, and if that game fails I'm never gonna get another one. If you want Wonder Woman to get a game where she flies than a buy a good game from her and then demand a better one.

The quickest way for you to kill something you love is to ignore it for an insignificant reason.
    Well, there are fans who feel about Diana being able to fly the same way you do about Spidey web swinging, so yeah, might not be so "insignificant".

I'll find it very silly if Diana can't fly in this, but, if the combat is actually fun, I'll buy it either way, but I can understand why the lack of flight can be considered a deal breaker for someone else.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-10-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Well, there are fans who feel about Diana being able to fly the same way you do about Spidey web swinging, so yeah, might not be so "insignificant".

I'll find it very silly if Diana can't fly in this, but, if the combat is actually fun, I'll buy it either way, but I can understand why the lack of flight can be considered a deal breaker for someone else.
    The difference is that If I don't buy the new Spider-man game, they will still makes tons of them. If I don't buy the Aquaman game, I probably won't get any other. Flying isn't a good reason for you to not buy a game and complain about it. If you aren't gonna buy it because she doesn't fly, then I hope you don't complain about WB not making more Wonder Woman games

Webslinging is nowhere equal to Diana flying.

Incredible Member

I never said they never do. I said they usually dont. Iron Man was Downeya big return to the spotlight, im not surprised he voiced it. Disney didn't use him for What If, and likely because he's far more expensive now than he was during IM1.
    To add to Primal Slayer, voice acting also requires more of the actor/actress now. They often want motion capture acting now, so they can match your facial expressions, bodily movements, and acting to match the voice of the character. Video games also have promotions and marketing comparable to movies now. So Gal would presumably have to do interviews with gaming press and other outlets, be required to promote on her social media, come to the VGAs, etc. I'm not saying Gal wouldn't want to do those things, but the cost of getting Gal to sign up maybe too exorbitant for a production that is already hundreds of millions.

Plus, with how video games work today, I wouldn't be shocked if we have to pay a premium for a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman skin with Gal's voice acting. WB-owned Netherrealm studios does that all the time with their Mortal Kombat and Injustice games.

It's easy revenue, and since it's a premium skin, there's much less commitment from Gal and presumably Lynda Carter as I could see a Wonder Woman 77 skin doing the same thing.

Webslinging is nowhere equal to Diana flying.
    Yeah, no webslinging would be like no lasso of truth.

I think the Invisible Jet is more likely to show up than Diana actually flying if only for fast travel.

Did they actually get Connie Nielsen back for Hippolyta for this trailer?

Not supporting a game because she cant fly is a lackluster reason. Its like not supporting Superman because they leave out freeze breath or Batman because he doesn't have the uncanny ability to beat Darkseid by himself. These things are not what make the characters.
    The difference is that If I don't buy the new Spider-man game, they will still makes tons of them. If I don't buy the Aquaman game, I probably won't get any other. Flying isn't a good reason for you to not buy a game and complain about it. If you aren't gonna buy it because she doesn't fly, then I hope you don't complain about WB not making more Wonder Woman games
    So what, should people buy games because they don't have a "proper" or "good" reason to not buy 'em? Give me a break lol.

All I'm saying is that if lack of flight is a deal breaker that's fine, no one should be guilt tripped into buying something.

So what, should people buy games because they don't have a "proper" or "good" reason to not buy 'em? Give me a break lol.

All I'm saying is that if lack of flight is a deal breaker that's fine, no one should be guilt tripped into buying something.
    Dont buy it if its bad. Fine and dandy like i said. If you didn't watcg the first WW movie because she doesn't fly and that's all? It'd be laughable.

Here’s something I had forgotten about.

If the game manages to come out in 2023 AND WW3 comes out that same year AND both of them are good? We might be able to actually see Diana become a true equal of Batman and Superman in terms of public standing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hopefully WW event in 2022 works out well and builds a strong foundation for 2023 so that we could aim for a hat-trick.