Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

2009 film was fairly great imo, it is of its time though and the weak link was Ares portrayl but other than that...i love it.

WW84 definitely should serve as plenty of inspiration for how to use the Lasso in the game.

I hope they do a flashback to Diana leaving the Island so they can do gameplay surrounding The Contest to become WW and explore the island before all the chaos.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-10-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She came up with the story for the 2009 movie but it was heavily re-written by another writer. Her WW run was good and shows she gets the character. If Simone doesn't get a say because of 2009 WW then Patty shouldn't get a say because of WW84.
    Touché.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    2009 film was fairly great imo, it is of its time though and the weak link was Ares portrayl but other than that...i love it.

WW84 definitely should serve as plenty of inspiration for how to use the Lasso in the game.
    The portrayal of Steve Trevor is what irks most, but I agree with you that the movie is of its time. Also, with two Wonder Woman films and even Bloodlines as inspiration, I'm certain Trevor will get good representation in this.

I agree with you regarding the lasso, too. The movie redefined what I expect of the lasso, and I hope the developers use it in creative ways.

Lastly, in a video game, what purpose would the bracers and a shield serve? Even if you want a projectile, you can use the bracer blast from the movies or you can use the tiara. There's no reason for a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Thinking of it, didn't parts of her armor give her powers before most of them became naturally part of Diana's own powers? Maybe they could use something like that, so it could be like older games where you get upgrades over time (Like double jump), instead of starting with all of them.

Though that could lead to GoW comparisons, and I'm not sure if that'd work too well with Diana at this point...
    The upgrades don't even necessarily have to be physical too. It could be you go to a shrine of Hestia and you get a blessing allowing you to survive in hot temperatures. It is a lot easier to justify a system like this with Wonder Woman than like Superman.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I hope they do a flashback to Diana leaving the Island so they can do gameplay surrounding The Contest to become WW and explore the island before all the chaos.
    I think the the Contest could work as a decent tutorial setting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She came up with the story for the 2009 movie but it was heavily re-written by another writer. Her WW run was good and shows she gets the character. If Simone doesn't get a say because of 2009 WW then Patty shouldn't get a say because of WW84.
    At the very least I’d take her over Dini or any of the DCAU guys in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    It's a video game and they are defined by their powers. If the cut scenes tell a great story, fine, but it is ultimately the powers and gameplay and what she can do that will make the game great.

And no, not being able to fly is a pretty poor excuse for games in this day and age. They probably have another 2-3 years before this thing even comes out on a system.

Why do many of us just settle for the crumbs that they give us and Wondy? If Superman had a game that came out and all he could do was jump, then that would be pretty lame.
    Not for me! I’d love a Superman game that borrows from Morrison’s early Action Comics years and gives him the Golden Age powerset.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Lastly, in a video game, what purpose would the bracers and a shield serve? Even if you want a projectile, you can use the bracer blast from the movies or you can use the tiara. There's no reason for a shield.
    If you want to be straight forward, it could be used to block bullets instead of dodging them, which can be done automatically when blocking bullets, but if they decide to go for more, it could have a parry mechanic.

Usually in games it's better to dodge than block, sure, but blocking has its time and place, and a parry can be a pretty good option too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The upgrades don't even necessarily have to be physical too. It could be you go to a shrine of Hestia and you get a blessing allowing you to survive in hot temperatures.
    That's very Metroid-like, would she get high jump boots too? .

But yeah, maybe her getting other buffs from gods could work, but should do more than just "You can now survive in X area", exploration to find power ups are better when they give you new tools.

It is a lot easier to justify a system like this with Wonder Woman than like Superman.
    For sure, Supes can only get this kind of mechanic if he has to find his powers in other locations, like Superman 64 did, and that game has really awkward plot excuses in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not for me! I’d love a Superman game that borrows from Morrison’s early Action Comics years and gives him the Golden Age powerset.
    With an avatar like that one, I'm shocked you'd have such a preference .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If you want to be straight forward, it could be used to block bullets instead of dodging them, which can be done automatically when blocking bullets, but if they decide to go for more, it could have a parry mechanic.

Usually in games it's better to dodge than block, sure, but blocking has its time and place, and a parry can be a pretty good option too.
    The bracers can be used as a parry. That's how it works in Injustice 2. The bracers can deflect the bullets, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm hoping they ask Rucka, Jimenez and Simone for input
    Rucka has written for video games before, so maybe.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Rucka has written for video games before, so maybe.
    I’m sure he’d take time out of his Hollywood scriptwriting to consult on this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wasn't a fan of the 'not all men' Steve and portrayal of Ares. A combination of the 2009 movie and 2017 movie with elements from Gods & Mortals + Rebirth would be ideal, imo.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The contest can easily be the game's tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy
    She'll need defense against melee attacks.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yes if it finally got us a good modern Superman game and also brings back the "champion of the oppressed" stuff, I'd be overjoyed with a flightless Superman game modeled after Morrison's run

Awesome! I'm genuinely surprised this is actually happening. I saw some speculation this will take place on paradise island. If true i hope they make the place feel bigger than any version we usually see. Make it like skyrim where there are multiple towns, mountains, caves, dungeons you want to explore. Just with like greek monsters you have to fight like cyclops and minotaurs instead of orcs and dragons. Even without flying, i imagine it will be a lot easier and faster to get around. I haven't played the recent god of war games but those might be a better comparison. Also curious if this connects in anyway to the suicide squad or gotham knight world.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The contest can easily be the game's tutorial.
    That would actually be pretty smart.

I have high hopes for this game. It just gives me the feeling that it's gonna be good.