Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Why would a solo superhero game art feature two generic characters so front and center if they are not going to be playable?

The cover art of Arkham Asylum was just Batman. Not Batman with one Arkham inmate and one security guard.
    That's because of the nemesis system.There is gonna be a lot of focus in the interaction and management of NPCs.Remember the teaser:"Unite old enemies,forge new bonds"

Plus if this game is using the Nemesis system which was advertised since the game was announced, it by nature MUST have more than just Wonder Woman in the game.

This is the cover for Shadow of War. Despite this cover having nine characters on it, only the one front and center is actually playable.

I keep thinking there’s actual news about the game, but there’s nothing I see. Lol

If Gail is working on the game then that would drastically increase my interest in it.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'm a little torn on Gail working on the game personally. On one hand, I do appreciate that she understands that compassion and empathy are at the forefront of Diana's themes. On the other hand, Gail doesn't seem to really care too deeply about WW's rogues gallery which could lead to them using some real oddball and unrelated villains for bosses 'n such. In order to propel WW's mythos I think one of the top priorities of the game is showcasing her existing enemies and not create new ones or shoehorn villains in from other corners of the DC Universe.

I think that she'd advocate for Giganta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm a little torn on Gail working on the game personally. On one hand, I do appreciate that she understands that compassion and empathy are at the forefront of Diana's themes. On the other hand, Gail doesn't seem to really care too deeply about WW's rogues gallery which could lead to them using some real oddball and unrelated villains for bosses 'n such. In order to propel WW's mythos I think one of the top priorities of the game is showcasing her existing enemies and not create new ones or shoehorn villains in from other corners of the DC Universe.
    I wouldn't say she doesn't care about them. She's one of the few writers who treated her villains with respect outside of their appearances in the WW book. And Astarte was a pretty deep cut.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think that she'd advocate for Giganta.
    Probably, but she's also in the Giganta-Isn't-That-Evil camp. Don't forget, she's the one who hooked her up with Ryan Choi. I did like Giganta in her Secret Six stories though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wouldn't say she doesn't care about them. She's one of the few writers who treated her villains with respect outside of their appearances in the WW book. And Astarte was a pretty deep cut.
    Astarte was a deep cut, sure, but Gail's revamp of the character was basically Astarte in name only.

One great thing about Gail potentially being involved with the game is that she's definitely pro-clay origin.

I thought she did fine with Giganta, Cheetah, and Psycho.

Wonder if the Circle might show up.

Regardless of how she views the origin or specific WW characters it is good that actual WW writer is involved in the project and not whoever wrote WW's story in Suicide Squad game.

Rocksteady used Dini until they thought they were too good for him (they weren’t, City’s story is stupid but entertaining while Knight’s story is both stupid and boring). Don’t think Insominac used Slott and Gage for their second Spidey game after using them for the first one. Hopefully Monolith won’t make the same mistake and will keep Simone on as a consultant.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not gonna lie, im pretty hyped for this. My greatest fear for this game is we were gonna get a murder happy kratos in Wonder Womans likeness. But Simone really shined at giving Wonder Woman her own voice which is what is most needed for a loyal adaptation. And on top of that, shes always been an adamant clay origin proponent.

Heck, id even rank her two part Khund story as one of the greatest in Wonder Womans history.
    Her Edge of the Earth arc with the 70s fantasy heroes, and Wonder Woman in Hollywood story showed she was able to take the character in some wild places, and honestly gives me alot more hope for the game than I had before when all I knew is it would use the Nemesis system, and have the god of war guy in charge

Awesome to see Gail involved. Has me even more excited about it. And since she mentioned that she started working on AAA games pre-pandemic, I'm curious to know how long it's actually been in development...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    The way Monolith's Nemesis system works requires them to use a lot of random OC villains. The whole idea is that the bad guys are procedurally generated and your actions establish the big threats (hence, "Nemesis system"). The baddies you fight remember you and the random lay enemies who beat you will rise up in the ranks, become more powerful, and eventually become bosses.

You can also recruit them to your cause and build an army, and I'm sure they've build that element out so it's a lot more sophisticated than it was in the Middle Earth games.

I'm sure they'll connect the NPCs to a known villain (maybe Circe's beastiamorphs? Ares controlling monsters and super-soldiers?) and include big boss fights like Cheetah and Giganta in the main story, but the rogues gallery isn't going to be the focal point because no two players are going to be dealing with the same recurring enemies.
    Last edited by bardkeep; 04-01-2024 at 10:14 AM.