Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Yimages.jpg Finally

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Circe was the one they picked for Diana’s arch in DCUO, so she’s got a history of being Diana’s video game big bad. Also Circe comes with the Beastimorphs which make for the perfect mooks for Diana to fight. Ares could probably have his own mooks, but Cheetah is tougher. I expect Cheetah to be a solo operator, not Big Bad material.
    That's what I thought too, Circe and Ares have underlings that would work pretty well for mooks or mini-bosses.

Though kind of hoping maybe they could get all three in there.

Circe was the one they picked for Diana’s arch in DCUO, so she’s got a history of being Diana’s video game big bad.
    Judging by the cover her arch was Catwoman

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Not familiar with Wonder Woman's gallery outside of major and recurring villains. I'm interested in the setting(s) the game could take place in. I figure Themyscira and Washington DC are a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That's what I thought too, Circe and Ares have underlings that would work pretty well for mooks or mini-bosses.

Though kind of hoping maybe they could get all three in there.
    Honestly I feel like all three are a safe bet. All three can make for badass boss fights. All three are tied to myth and fit what people think is WW’s “theme”. It’s guys like Psycho who I’m not sure will show up. But a roster of
    Circe
    Ares
    Cheetah
    Medusa
    Red Panzer
    Minister Blizzard
    Dr. Cyber

Would be my lineup. Save Cale, Psycho, and Poison for the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Judging by the cover her arch was Catwoman

God I remember being so confused why Catwoman was on the villains side and why Batman got two Rogues. Maybe they were just too prude to put DCUO Circe on the cover

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Yimages.jpg Finally
    My reaction when I saw the trailer:

But yeah, nice that Diana is getting this, even if I'm wary of it being Triple A...

What I'm wondering right now is whether or not she'll fly, flight is rather tricky to work, even more so if it's open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll be very surprised if she isn't the daughter of Zeus in this.
    they honestly don't have to touch on it. She's Wonder Woman most people know who she is. We know her mother Hippolyta will be in the game and it will center around Themyscara, so will likely see other Amazons as well. I know as fans we crave all this info, but unless it's a plot point for the greater game narrative, I doubt it gets mentioned one way or another.
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Honestly I feel like all three are a safe bet. All three can make for badass boss fights. All three are tied to myth and fit what people think is WW’s “theme”. It’s guys like Psycho who I’m not sure will show up. But a roster of
    Circe
    Ares
    Cheetah
    Medusa
    Red Panzer
    Minister Blizzard
    Dr. Cyber

I would think Poison has a high chance since she's in the very film this game seems to be taking inspiration from. Psycho should also have a higher chance than Red Panzer since he's in two seasons of Harley Quinn.

I could see Red Panzer robots as mindless goons to fight.

Besides the main story bosses, open-world games usually have side-quests, missions, and side bosses that have nothing to do with the main quest. There's no reason why we can't have more than 7 bosses for the first Wonder Woman game.

Circe
    Ares
    Cheetah
    Medusa
    Red Panzer
    Minister Blizzard
    Dr. Cyber

God I remember being so confused why Catwoman was on the villains side and why Batman got two Rogues. Maybe they were just too prude to put DCUO Circe on the cover

oof, let's hope we can do better for costumes this time if Circe is the big bad.

Purple hair is a must though!
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-09-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Circe
    Ares
    Cheetah
    Medusa
    Red Panzer
    Minister Blizzard
    Dr. Cyber

I’d say Giganta is a safe bet too. Being an open world game gives her that kind of space.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I would think Poison has a high chance since she's in the very film this game seems to be taking inspiration from. Psycho should also have a higher chance than Red Panzer since he's in two seasons of Harley Quinn.

I could see Red Panzer robots as mindless goons to fight.

Besides the main story bosses, open-world games usually have side-quests, missions, and side bosses that have nothing to do with the main quest. There's no reason why we can't have more than 7 bosses for the first Wonder Woman game.
    I’m just trying to keep my expectations in check lol. Obviously I’d love to have as many of her Rogues in this as possible. Her Rogues need the exposure this is going to bring.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    My reaction when I saw the trailer:

But yeah, nice that Diana is getting this, even if I'm wary of it being Triple A...

What I'm wondering right now is whether or not she'll fly, flight is rather tricky to work, even more so if it's open world.

Honestly, they could have her non flying for the game. I hope their is a pacifist and violent path and educate gamers about Amazon philosophy and lore instead of being a Xena game

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I like her costume in this more than I have liked her costume in any other video game.
    She actually looks like Wonder Woman.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I'd be surprised if they don't use the Daddy-Zeus origin. Hopefully, though, the game won't dwell on it and the plot won't hinge on it.

I wonder how they'll handle Diana flying. Apparently that's been sticking point with Superman games where developers think a character flying makes the game too easy. But if this game is going to be open world, then Diana needs to be able to get around somehow. Maybe it'll be limited flight or an ability that needs to be unlocked? I'm not going to get my hopes up on this. Whatever they do, hopefully it won't be too offensive.

The mention of uniting people and forging connections with allies and enemies is encouraging that the game will be true to Diana's peacemaker nature. Maybe there'll be a morality mechanic where you can choose a violent path or a peaceful path that effects the story & gameplay.

I also find the teaser's lack of a sword and shield encouraging. I always feared if/when Wonder Woman got a game they'd go the easy "God of War" route and just have Diana running around hacking and slashing.

Her design looks good. It does appear to just be the movie costume with shoulder straps and other details. I wonder if the game will include alternate and downloadable outfits.

I don't own any of the current game systems, but I'd be tempted to spring for a Wonder Woman game. If nothing else, it's nice to finally have a counter to Injustice and her inevitable jobbing in Suicide Squad.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'd be surprised if they don't use the Daddy-Zeus origin. Hopefully, though, the game won't dwell on it and the plot won't hinge on it.

I wonder how they'll handle Diana flying. Apparently that's been sticking point with Superman games where developers think a character flying makes the game too easy. But if this game is going to be open world, then Diana needs to be able to get around somehow. Maybe it'll be limited flight or an ability that needs to be unlocked? I'm not going to get my hopes up on this. Whatever they do, hopefully it won't be too offensive.

The mention of uniting people and forging connections with allies and enemies is encouraging that the game will be true to Diana's peacemaker nature. Maybe there'll be a morality mechanic where you can choose a violent path or a peaceful path that effects the story & gameplay.

I also find the teaser's lack of a sword and shield encouraging. I always feared if/when Wonder Woman got a game they'd go the easy "God of War" route and just have Diana running around hacking and slashing.

Her design looks good. It does appear to just be the movie costume with shoulder straps and other details. I wonder if the game will include alternate and downloadable outfits.

I don't own any of the current game systems, but I'd be tempted to spring for a Wonder Woman game. If nothing else, it's nice to finally have a counter to Injustice and her inevitable jobbing in Suicide Squad.
    Bro, if they use an origin and it's not Daddy Zues, I'm going to make a raffle on this forum and buy the winner the Wonder Woman Omnibus of their choosing (not counting insanely gouged after market ****). Bookmark and quote me.

There's zero risk of me having to buy that thing. lol
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.