Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Hippolyta said "a new threat comes to our shores", so Ares is unlikely as the main villain. I think Circe and Villany Inc are the most likely candidates. I just hope it's not Grail or Max Lord or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hippolyta said "a new threat comes to our shores", so Ares is unlikely as the main villain. I think Circe and Villany Inc are the most likely candidates. I just hope it's not Grail or Max Lord or something.
    Doubt it’s Max. Definitely think Grail could show up, if not here then in a sequel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So far no red flags:

-no mention of Zeus or daughter of Zeus.

-Lasso instead of sword.

-Themyscira focused.

-New villains instead of rehashing the old.
    That last one is a trick, right? I mean, don't you want her rogues to be featured? And I don't mean just her Big Three (Circe, CHeetah and Ares). I mean...if it were up to me it would feature everyone from Silver Swan and Psycho, to Cyber, Queen Clea, Blue Snowman, Angle Man, Devastation, Giganta, Zara and many others.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I hope this and Wolverine are a sign that WB/DC and Disney/Marvel are more willing to bank on other characters not named Batman and Spider-Man to sell video games. So many of them are absolutely deserving of this, and Wonder Woman is definitely near the top (if not at the very top) of that list.

This sounds really cool too. Open-world, action-adventure with the Nemesis system like Shadow of Mordor? Sounds amazing and almost everything I wanted from a Wonder Woman game.

I do hope it's not too DCEU-inspired though. As much as I loved Patty's first film I'm hoping it's not just a video game version of that. The suit and accent are already very similar, but I understand that because creating a triple-A game is like making a big budget blockbuster and Patty definitely did a good job bringing Themyscira to life. Taking some inspiration definitely isn't a bad thing.

Looks great and I've got high hopes either way. Can't wait to see and hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I hope this and Wolverine are a sign that WB/DC and Disney/Marvel are more willing to bank on other characters not named Batman and Spider-Man to sell video games. So many of them are absolutely deserving of this, and Wonder Woman is definitely near the top (if not at the very top) of that list.

This sounds really cool too. Open-world, action-adventure with the Nemesis system like Shadow of Mordor? Sounds amazing and almost everything I wanted from a Wonder Woman game.

I do hope it's not too DCEU-inspired though. As much as I loved Patty's first film I'm hoping it's not just a video game version of that. The suit and accent are already very similar, but I understand that because creating a triple-A game is like making a big budget blockbuster and Patty definitely did a good job bringing Themyscira to life. Taking some inspiration definitely isn't a bad thing.

Looks great and I've got high hopes either way. Can't wait to see and hear more!
    One of the best parts of both the Arkham games and Insomniac's Spidey is how they deviated from the movies of their time (Nolan and MCU respectively) to tell original stories with their own take of the characters based on the comics. I hope and think they will do something similar here with Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    One of the best parts of both the Arkham games and Insomniac's Spidey is how they deviated from the movies of their time (Nolan and MCU respectively) to tell original stories with their own take of the characters based on the comics. I hope and think they will do something similar here with Diana
    DC's never really been big on synergy, so I don't think this game will be too similar to the DCEU.

Though I don't think the Arkham games were that different from the Nolan movies. At least, not when it comes to tone.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-10-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC's never really been big on synergy, so I don't think this game will be too similar to the DCEU.

Though I don't think the Arkham games were that different from the Nolan movies. At least, not when it comes to tone.
    They took some inspiration in terms of tone and the gadgets Batman uses are def inspired by the Nolan films but the Arkham games aren't as grounded as the first two Nolan films. Characters like Killer Croc and Bane as well as the Joker/venom toxins in general were more fantastical. The titans and the monster Joker boss were something I would never expect in a Nolan batman film

I can't believe this is happening.

Diana's character model looks really good!

I also think a pacifist and violent path would make sense for this game but for now I'm happy that they seemingly want to focus on forging deep connections to allies and enemies alike through the gameplay.

I hope Diana gets to fly. If Spider-Man can websling everywhere, Diana should be able to fly everywhere. Though I wouldn't mind it as a limited ability either. Some "no flight" zones in the game might make sense.

I wouldn't be that sure that they are going to use Daddy Zeus. Most if not all of the recent non-continuity stuff has used the clay origin.
    Last edited by Avi; 12-10-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Villainy Inc./Godwatch please, instead of Greek gods and monsters. If the latter are included, hopefully they are used sparingly.

If Godwatch are the nemesis here, then the stage is set for a spectacular Wonder Woman: The Animated Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'd be surprised if they don't use the Daddy-Zeus origin. Hopefully, though, the game won't dwell on it and the plot won't hinge on it.

I wonder how they'll handle Diana flying. Apparently that's been sticking point with Superman games where developers think a character flying makes the game too easy. But if this game is going to be open world, then Diana needs to be able to get around somehow. Maybe it'll be limited flight or an ability that needs to be unlocked? I'm not going to get my hopes up on this. Whatever they do, hopefully it won't be too offensive.

The mention of uniting people and forging connections with allies and enemies is encouraging that the game will be true to Diana's peacemaker nature. Maybe there'll be a morality mechanic where you can choose a violent path or a peaceful path that effects the story & gameplay.

I also find the teaser's lack of a sword and shield encouraging. I always feared if/when Wonder Woman got a game they'd go the easy "God of War" route and just have Diana running around hacking and slashing.

Her design looks good. It does appear to just be the movie costume with shoulder straps and other details. I wonder if the game will include alternate and downloadable outfits.

I don't own any of the current game systems, but I'd be tempted to spring for a Wonder Woman game. If nothing else, it's nice to finally have a counter to Injustice and her inevitable jobbing in Suicide Squad.
    Given it’s open-world, there will probably be a customizable option for Diana’s outfit. I think alternate/DLC costumes are obvious since that’s been in every major superhero game series (Arkham, Spider-Man, Injustice).

My predictions if they do;
    Classic swimsuit (DCAU or Lynda Carter-inspired)
    DCEU
    Kingdom Come/WW84 Eagle Armor
    Golden Age “first appearance” inspired look
    60s Mod outfit
    Finch look (this was included with Fortnite WW, so it’s probable here also)
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-10-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Woke up with this news, i'm hyped as hell. Give me all of that!

Shadow of Mordor is a damn good game and Shadow of War too, but they had some microtransaction practices that didn't help the second game. Hopefully they have learned with the mistakes of the last one.

Also, i really hope my girl Donna can make a appereance, bonus point with they went with Conor Leslie to do the voice.

Now since this is made by Monolith, it open the door for that rumored second WB Montreal game be one for Superman. I really hope that's the case.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

What fantastic news! What little has been announced / shown sounds good. I’m looking forward to playing this in … 2/3 years (?).

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I will put a slight damper on this since I know mystical is going to ask: I bet she will not be able to fly. My guess is she will be basically FemKratos game play wise, and will get around via riding a horse. Could be wrong but that’s my gut feeling.
    Actually that would be me about the flying aspect. If she doesn't have it, I would have serious doubts on picking up a new console and game if they continually depower our Wondy.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but I am not going to hold my breath.

And I hope they don't copy the Kratos game aspect too much and make it an original game that leaves people stunned with what they can do with Wondy (flying, but not on air currents )

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Not picking up a game because she cant fly is like not watching a WW movie because she can't fly. Sure it isn't ideal but not supporting the character over 1 thing that doesn't impact the story only goes against possible future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So THIS is how Batman fans feel all the time?