Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Wonder Woman (Monolith)

Been a lot time coming but we are getting a solid solo female super hero game from the team behind Middle Earth: Shadow of War. Incredibly excited for this!

Finally! About Time !!!

Please for the love of all that is good, holy and true...DO NOT SUCK!!! PLEASE BE AS GOOD AS THE BATMAN GAMES!

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I really hope this and Wolverine lead to more solo adventure, single-player games that aren't Batman and Spider-Man. I mean there are so many popular superheroes that would do so well in the video game market, but at times it feels like WB only cares about Batman-adjacent stuff and Disney/Marvel don't even understand or care about the video game market.

I hope this is a sign that things are changing. And this Wonder Woman game sounds really cool. Open-world, action-adventure with the Nemesis system like Shadow of Mordor? Sounds amazing and almost everything I wanted from a Wonder Woman game.

I do hope it's not too DCEU-inspired though. As much as I loved Patty's first film I'm hoping it's not just a video game version of that. The suit and accent are already very similar, but I understand that because creating a triple-A game is like making a big budget blockbuster and Patty definitely did a good job bringing Themyscira to life.

Looks great and I've got high hopes either way. Can't wait to see and hear more!

Now if some studios could get working on Black Panther, Thor, Daredevil, Aquaman and Superman games, that would be great.

This could be a Wonderful game!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I'm ecstatic for this.

Based purely on the teaser, it looks like the focus will be on Wonder Woman's lasso which I'm very happy for. I'm fine if they include a Sword/Shield along with other weapons in her arsenal, but the Lasso is the most iconic weapon for Wondy. I'm also really digging her design. Her skirt is a bit longer than in the DCEU which I like a lot.

I'm very hopeful that this game will bring in heaps of new fans for WW and her mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I do hope it's not too DCEU-inspired though. As much as I loved Patty's first film I'm hoping it's not just a video game version of that. The suit and accent are already very similar, but I understand that because creating a triple-A game is like making a big budget blockbuster and Patty definitely did a good job bringing Themyscira to life.
    I think they'll take some influence from the movie, but will probably do some original spins on things. Particularly the villains/supporting cast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm ecstatic for this.

Based purely on the teaser, it looks like the focus will be on Wonder Woman's lasso which I'm very happy for. I'm fine if they include a Sword/Shield along with other weapons in her arsenal, but the Lasso is the most iconic weapon for Wondy. I'm also really digging her design. Her skirt is a bit longer than in the DCEU which I like a lot.

I'm very hopeful that this game will bring in heaps of new fans for WW and her mythos.
    I'm assuming they might give Diana a weapons load out so you can choose how you want to fight or maybe alternate weapons for combos.

As much as I have enjoyed the sword and buckler coming into Wonder Woman's arsenal ... I would like to see them focus on hand-to-hand, the bracelets, and the lasso. Even Batarang-ifying her tiara would be cool with me. Sometimes less is more.

The Spider-Man games have a lot of cool webbing tricks; I could see the same being applied to her lasso.

Either way, this is probably the most hyped I've been for a superhero game since Arkham City.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    As much as I have enjoyed the sword and buckler coming into Wonder Woman's arsenal ... I would like to see them focus on hand-to-hand, the bracelets, and the lasso. Even Batarang-ifying her tiara would be cool with me. Sometimes less is more.

The Spider-Man games have a lot of cool webbing tricks; I could see the same being applied to her lasso.

Either way, this is probably the most hyped I've been for a superhero game since Arkham City.
    I want to see Diana fight like a Belmont .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see Diana fight like a Belmont .
    Haha! Indeed.

There are lots of sword and board hack n' slashers. There are lots of Metroidian games. Diana would be a perfect IP for a Castelvania-style!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I'm interested to see who the villains will be - Diana doesn't have as comprehensive a rogues gallery as Batman or Superman but logical villains could include Ares, Circe, Morgaine Le Fay, Giganta and Cheetah. I imagine someone more of an expert in Wonder Woman could suggest others?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I'm interested to see who the villains will be - Diana doesn't have as comprehensive a rogues gallery as Batman or Superman but logical villains could include Ares, Circe, Morgaine Le Fay, Giganta and Cheetah. I imagine someone more of an expert in Wonder Woman could suggest others?
    It seems that way because a lot of them don't get the spotlight that, say, Batman or Superman's Rogues do.

This is the perfect game to resolve that.

That roster right there is pretty decent for a full game. Throw in some random thugs and grunt, and you're pretty much set. The first 3 could easily conjure/make/corrupt/etc. armies for Diana to fight.

Let's see the first Batman game had ...

- Joker
    - Harley
    - Killer Croc
    - Scarecrow
    - Riddler (as a background character)
    - Bane
    - Ivy
    - Zsasz

I could see a game use Dr. Poison in an intro mission much like Zsasz was used to teach her mechanics.

In fact, Jinx, Giganta, Cyborgirl, Trinity, Dr. Poison, Eviless, Hypnota, Zara, Queen Clea, & Cheetah aka Villainy Inc. could be a whole game for Wonder Woman. We could skip the gods for once!

Maxwell Lord could easily slot into the R'as catagory, same with Ares. Ares could even be the character you interact with that changes the game mechanics a bit just like Scarecrow did.

I think she's got a lot of fun ways to go.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-10-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Her Rogues Gallery would like a word with you
    Wonder_Woman_Annual_Vol_3_1_Textless.jpg

Morgaine le Fay isn't a WW character.

But there's also:

• Medusa, Euryale and Stheno
    • Doctor Cyber
    • Silver Swan
    • Doctor Psycho
    • Veronica Cale
    • Doctor Poison
    • Maxwell Lord (ugh)
    • Hecate
    • Queen Clea
    • Zara
    • Blue Snowman
    • Hypnota
    • Warmaster
    • Devastation
    • Genocide
    • Armageddon
    • Duke of Deception
    • Ares's Children (Deimos, Phobos and Eris)
    • Decay
    • Gundra
    • Hercules
    • Echidna
    • Cerberus
    • The Hecatoncheirs
    • Cronus and his Children

As for generic thugs/enemies, these are the ones who have appeared in the comics in some capacity:
    • Atlanteans (Venturians)
    • Centaurs
    • Cyclopes
    • Demons
    • Dragons
    • Dryads and Nymphs
    • Furies
    • Harpies
    • Giants
    • Gorgons
    • Keres
    • Lamias