Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Star Wars: High Republic-Eclipse video game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJpiOPKH14&t=162s

Could be good although I think the developer's games, while visually great, are more 'interactive movie' style games.

One of the planets glimpsed looks a lot like a somewhat less run-down Jedha, complete with the priests....and if it is, I think the "Eclipse" might somehow be a premonition/prophecy of the Death Star, which eclipsed Jedha's sun in Rogue One.

Also the Trade Federation seems to be involved in something.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quantic Dream being the developers makes this a no go for me. David Cage is a hack. They should have gone with Supermassive Games if interactive movie is what they wanted.

Looks good but who will you be playing as? Like who is HR main character so far?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quantic Dream being the developers makes this a no go for me. David Cage is a hack. They should have gone with Supermassive Games if interactive movie is what they wanted.
    I should be less concerned about that and more concerned with it being a High Republic era game so that means the Kennedy faction is possibly going to mandate a lot of their typical woke nonsense into the game, so things might balance out if we’re lucky. Detroit Become Human was an incredible game so I am cautiously optimistic.

As for characters we typically get multiple characters in Quantic Dream games so I would assume the female Jedi, the 3PO style Droid, the Mon Calamari, the one eyed Duros and the Nemoidian could all be playable. There’s been suggestions that the marketplace planet looks a lot like Naboo.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Looks good but who will you be playing as? Like who is HR main character so far?
    I'm not sure where the game is set in the HR era so I'm not sure if any of the established characters other than Yoda will appear, but I think some of the characters focused on in the montage will be the playable cast.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I should be less concerned about that and more concerned with it being a High Republic era game so that means the Kennedy faction is possibly going to mandate a lot of their typical woke nonsense into the game, so things might balance out if we’re lucky. Detroit Become Human was an incredible game so I am cautiously optimistic.

As for characters we typically get multiple characters in Quantic Dream games so I would assume the female Jedi, the 3PO style Droid, the Mon Calamari, the one eyed Duros and the Nemoidian could all be playable. There’s been suggestions that the marketplace planet looks a lot like Naboo.
    I did not play Detriot but I did play Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. The former was terrible and latter had a fine narrative until the final act fucked it up. It being high Republic just adds to the **** pile. I wouldn't touch this game if I was paid to do so.

Mighty Member

So, the trailer looks beautiful. But somebody wake me when we get some actual gameplay that might tells us whether this will be fun or good or not.

Detroit: Become Human was awesome, and Beyond Two Souls was really good. I've never played anything else from the developer, but if this is being done in that same mold it could be really entertaining. Particularly if it looks this good (which remains to be seen).

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So, the trailer looks beautiful. But somebody wake me when we get some actual gameplay that might tells us whether this will be fun or good or not.

Detroit: Become Human was awesome, and Beyond Two Souls was really good. I've never played anything else from the developer, but if this is being done in that same mold it could be really entertaining. Particularly if it looks this good (which remains to be seen).
    I seem to recall that there was about three years between the announcement trailer for Detroit and the final game, with a look every year in between showing off a character and the choice mechanics. So I would expect Eclipse to do much the same. It will likely be a while yet before we get a playable demo but I believe each game had one with looks at two chapters from the game each.

The level of choice and endings with Detroit was impressive (the final chapter had two massively complex decision trees for each character based on past choices - free or captured for Kara, peaceful or violent for Marcus and Machine or Deviant for Connor). Imagine how that could translate into the final act of a Star Wars game - has the Jedi fallen to the Dark Side, how ready is the Nemoidian army for war, which side of the conflict is the Bounty Hunter on and his mission etc. I really hope like Detroit Become Human we get a visible decision tree for chapters to play through.

So is this like a rhythm game, ala "Rock Band" or "Donkey Konga?"
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Erm, no, it's one of the 'interactive choice and consequence' style games that Quantic Dream are known for via games like Heavy Rain and Detroit: Become Human - there will be multiple characters who could die or survive, major choices that affect the story and an array of endings. It's probably a good idea to play Detroit: Become Human to get an idea of whether Eclipse will be for you or not.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

???

How does one even come to that conclusion?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ???

How does one even come to that conclusion?
    Most of the video was alien dudes drumming on things. I just assumed that was relevant to the game play.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Most of the video was alien dudes drumming on things. I just assumed that was relevant to the game play.
    ...it was like six total seconds out of the whole trailer, and in the end it showed that those few scenes interspersed through the trailer were there to apparently summon what looks like the big bad.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

There's some speculation that the aliens are the Grysk, Aliens from the new Thrawn novels which many fans assume to be the Disney canon equivalent of the Yuzzhan Vong.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some speculation that the aliens are the Grysk, Aliens from the new Thrawn novels which many fans assume to be the Disney canon equivalent of the Yuzzhan Vong.
    Could be, we've yet to see the Grysk(even in the novels) so it would be neat to see them.