Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Whitebeard (One Piece) versus S Class (One Punch Man)

Why not, eh? Might be a laugh.

Edward "Whitebeard" Newgate takes on the S Class Heroes of the One Punch Man universe. All fights take place on a deserted version of Malta. Whitebeard is in his prime with no health issues.

Scenario A: Gauntlet

Whitebeard fights S-Class in the order of their rankings in the S Class. He gets fully healed after each fight, how far does he get? King is missing for some reason (probably on some other important mission) and Blast is AWOL as usual.

1) Puri Puri Prisoner
    2) Tank Top Master
    3) Metal Bat
    4) Demon Cyborg Genos
    5) Flashy Flash
    6) Watchdog Man
    7) Superalloy Darkshine
    8) Pig God
    9) Drive Knight
    10) Zombie Man
    11) Metal Knight
    12) Child Emperor
    13) Atomic Samurai
    14) "Silver Fang" Bang
    15) "Tornado of Terror" Tatsumaki

How far does he get? Where does he stop? If Flashy Flash is too fast for him then he can skip because he is weirdly low in the rankings of S Class and makes the gauntlet a bit front loaded.

Scenario B: Whitebeard replaces Melzegard

Whitebeard replaces Melzagard and takes on the following in the ruins of City A.

- "Silver Fang" Bang
    - Atomic Samurai
    - Puri Puri Prisoner
    - Metal Bat
    - Iain (who will start with both arms but will get his feats from later in the manga as well)

Can he crush the team who are defending their planet?

Scenario C: Whitebeard Gets Hunted

Whitebeard takes on Hero Hunter Garou.

Garou will begin at the levels from when he fought Superalloy Darkshine.

Can the closest man to the King of Pirates take down the Human Monster?

Extraordinary Member

In terms of raw power I'd say that Whitebeard could beat a good majority of the people on that list with like Tatsumaki and the cyborg/robot people being the only ones that can match or surpass him.

The usual problem white using Whitebeard in rumbles is that the man doesn't have a lot of solid speed feats. At the war he gets swarmed by mooks at points and Kizaru is able to go for hit and run tactics on him, but he's also got like one fot in death's door for that entire thing. In his prime he does seem to be a cut above Oden I guess, based on how they deal with Roger's attacks, so I guess we'd have to compare him to Oden's speed feats (which I can't remember right now).

Also, here's their crews duking it out because it's cool.

Yeah, the whole speed thing makes it difficult for Whitebeard. He can take anyone on that list out, but the fastest people on the list blitz him by feats. I don't see him beating, say, Atomic Samurai (and for the same reason, he loses Scenario B).

Also, why's Flashy Flash before Watchdog Man and Pig God?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Yeah, the whole speed thing makes it difficult for Whitebeard. He can take anyone on that list out, but the fastest people on the list blitz him by feats. I don't see him beating, say, Atomic Samurai (and for the same reason, he loses Scenario B).

Also, why's Flashy Flash before Watchdog Man and Pig God?
    Because Flashy, for all his ludicrous speed (non-Saitama / Blast division of course), is rated pretty low, actually.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I wouldn’t find it unbelievable if Prime Whitebeard could react to flashy flash. Barring that, I think Genos could take him out with what he showed against Psycho Orochi.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I wouldn’t find it unbelievable if Prime Whitebeard could react to flashy flash. Barring that, I think Genos could take him out with what he showed against Psycho Orochi.
    I don't think Whitebeard, or anyone in OP, has the speed to react effectively to Flashy. I admit to being less up on OP than OPM, and haven't read any of it in a while, but I don't recall any of them with that level of speed.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Because Flashy, for all his ludicrous speed (non-Saitama / Blast division of course), is rated pretty low, actually.
    I know Flashy Flash is ranked lower than Watchdog man in the story, but in terms of feats (at least in the new manga) he's far ahead.

I don't think Whitebeard, or anyone in OP, has the speed to react effectively to Flashy. I admit to being less up on OP than OPM, and haven't read any of it in a while, but I don't recall any of them with that level of speed.
    That's right, no one has speedfeats on the level of "Have extended fight sequence in a tiny fraction of a second" in OP.

OP seems to operate more directly on A>B>C logic, but past a point speed seems to not really matter anymore compared to raw power. Whitebeard in general is portrayed as being fast enough to hang with people, but that's not really a speedfeat by itself.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I think Flashy Flash usually only deals with monsters incidentally, and works most of his time unofficially slaughtering his easy through the criminal underworld in a way that even other members of the underworld never find out about his involvement, so his ranking is not quite accurate.

That said, we've yet to see Watchdog Man actually do anything on screen and everything we've heard of him implies that he hasn't even particularly exerted himself while operating on S-Class levels. Pig God seems surprisingly hardy and has pretty good judgement, as well as generally leaving a very good impression on anyone he actually talks to regarding his heroic qualities, so he probably gets highly ranked because of that. Not to mention that his comments seem to imply that he has some sort of hidden power that he is saving up for a tube when he's ready to die to stop a great evil, though I don't know if the people who make the ranking decisions know of that.

Well, Watchdog Man utterly owned Garou, on panel, a while back. Yes, this is Garou a couple of evolutions ago, but still, it's a tasty feat. Garou used some of WMs style when he met up with Bang.

For Flashy, his weakness for Rumbles is a lack of damage feats. He's blindingly fast - somewhere in a "small but real fraction of lightspeed reactions" fast - but lacks the outrageous destructive power of Atomic Samurai or Bang, for example, or even Genos. I'm not saying he can't hit hard, just that we really haven't seen it so far. We've got him getting LOLnoped by Saitama, but that's not really a downgrade. And we've got him fighting two Leaf Village...er... Ninja Village dudes who went monster. Thing is, they don't have hitting feats either. Sonic, another guy from Leaf... er... Ninja Village, also dosen't really have high-end damage feats. He decimates the battlesuit guys, he is faster than Genos when he really tries, and... he fails against Sea King and laughably, utterly, horribly fails against Saitama.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Putting aside Flashy, his weird placement in the rankings was one of the reasons I afforded Whitebeard the ability to skip him, I agree that Whitebeard's speed is a bit tricky to suss out.

Like, in his Prime, I can't imagine him being slower than say a Rokushiki user like Rob Lucci.

Looking at what we can work with, I think you kind of have to scale off of Oden and use him as a yardstick. The issue with that is that Oden's major fights are with Whitebeard, wherein they were kind of even but then Whitebeard one shot him when he got a bit serious. Roger treated him as more amusing than threatening while Whitebeard required him to break out the old weaponised Conqueror's Haki.

Posting the clip because it's pretty hype:

Turning to Oden vs Kaido, Oden /seemed to be a bit quicker/ than Kaido, running around on his dragon body, zipping through the air and landing hits on him. But, Kaido doesn't really do dodging unless it's someone trying to hit him with Ryou, which he showed he /could do/ by dodging current Luffy in Gear Two, but we don't know if he /couldn't/ dodge Oden because Kaido was still pretty convinced of his invulnerability at that point.

Ooh, another small yardstick that might help. Ace, back when he first joined the Whitebeard Pirates was at a level wherein he could fight Jinbei to a standstill and just about beat him. He then joins the Whitebeard crew and attempts to murder Whitebeard over a hundred times and fails, notably even in his sleep on one occasion, and he's effortlessly rebuffed and smacked down.

So, definitely absurdly quicker than both Ace and Jinbei. But neither of them have particularly amazing speed feats.

All of which is to say, I could buy Whitebeard being like in the ballpark of say current Genos but I don't see him being as fast as Atomic Samurai and no one in One Piece has feats on the level of Flashy Flash at time of writing. Trouble is, the feats.